• 18(current)
Kyra for Kodi 2
Version 1.0.5 just got approved and should be available very soon.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
1.05 running on iOS 11 on iphone
question:

on iPhone I do start Kyra 2, it goes directly to series
I press on the pin for Dashboard (bottom)
I see my dashboard
Now I press X
I go to my remote
now I press X
I press again on the pin for My Dashboard

Now I wait and wait .. I see the circle grow from small to big in the middle, but I need to wait wait and no dashboard
I have to close the app and start it again to have the dashboard working again.

I had seen the same on my iPAD with the previous version, but wanted to wait until the new version to report it to be 100% sure I could repeat it.
(2017-09-20, 11:47)zeroday Wrote: 1.05 running on iOS 11 on iphone
question:

on iPhone I do start Kyra 2, it goes directly to series
I press on the pin for Dashboard (bottom)
I see my dashboard
Now I press X
I go to my remote
now I press X
I press again on the pin for My Dashboard

Now I wait and wait .. I see the circle grow from small to big in the middle, but I need to wait wait and no dashboard
I have to close the app and start it again to have the dashboard working again.

I had seen the same on my iPAD with the previous version, but wanted to wait until the new version to report it to be 100% sure I could repeat it.

Could you check if in general settings -> personal dashboard under "display the following items" all items are checked? (Movies, Series, Music, TV channels, Favourites, Smart Playlists, Add-ons, Add-on items and Commands)
W've found the root cause

If you do not have all settings under personal dashboard enabled like in your request cause I have only: Movies, Series, Favourites and commands enabled than the personal dashboard cannot be loaded a 2nd time
if I enable all: dashboard is working fine.

(workaround for me: re-enable all again)
(2017-09-20, 15:10)zeroday Wrote: W've found the root cause

If you do not have all settings under personal dashboard enabled like in your request cause I have only: Movies, Series, Favourites and commands enabled than the personal dashboard cannot be loaded a 2nd time
if I enable all: dashboard is working fine.

(workaround for me: re-enable all again)

The second time you load the dashboard your movies, series and favourites are cached. In that situation I forgot to do an additional check of the settings, so it's waiting for the other data to be returned. Actually I do the check, but it's too late when executed.
Anyway, I have fixed the timing issue.
Great !! .. will see it appear in next version Wink
Hi Richard,

i finally got around to installing version 2 ... but i have one question where are the custom top and bottom menu bar's ?
that rocked in V1 , i understand you want people to create their own custom dashboard and i really like it but the customer menu's where a lot faster when switching between remote, movies etc.
(2017-09-25, 13:54)Njaynl Wrote: Hi Richard,

i finally got around to installing version 2 ... but i have one question where are the custom top and bottom menu bar's ?
that rocked in V1 , i understand you want people to create their own custom dashboard and i really like it but the customer menu's where a lot faster when switching between remote, movies etc.

Yes, the custom top and bottom menu bars were removed in favour of the personal dashboard. Another reason was the additional space it took. Now there's more space available.
This weekend I will submit a new version to Apple.

The personal dashboard issues mentioned earlier will be fixed in this release. I got myself an iPad Pro 10.5" and have improved the layout of mainly the series menu option.
Banners and screenshots mostly.

I have not received any crash reports since version 1.0.3.....I'm actually proud of that :-) Of course I only receive them from devices which have enabled crash reporting.
Hi Richard, I have been using Kyra for Kodi 2 for a couple of days now. Love it! I really like the streaming to my device, this functionality is what makes your app better than the others. Even better than the official remote for kodi app!

However, it looks like when it streams to my device then the subtitle selection is limited only to the internal "in-file" subtitle while external subtitles are not detected. When playing the file to my TV, then all the external subtitles are detected. As internal subtitles within the mkv files are very limited especially for other international languages, this makes streaming to my device using Kyra for Kodi 2 less than ideal. Is there any way you can add that functionality so that the app becomes perfect?

Thanks a lot for a great app!
(2017-11-18, 17:21)budiaguswidjaja Wrote: Hi Richard, I have been using Kyra for Kodi 2 for a couple of days now. Love it! I really like the streaming to my device, this functionality is what makes your app better than the others. Even better than the official remote for kodi app!

However, it looks like when it streams to my device then the subtitle selection is limited only to the internal "in-file" subtitle while external subtitles are not detected. When playing the file to my TV, then all the external subtitles are detected. As internal subtitles within the mkv files are very limited especially for other international languages, this makes streaming to my device using Kyra for Kodi 2 less than ideal. Is there any way you can add that functionality so that the app becomes perfect?

Thanks a lot for a great app!

I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately the library I’m currently using to stream doesn’t support this.
Ah. Too bad. Any chance you can add it later? Thanks
(2017-11-19, 11:33)budiaguswidjaja Wrote: Ah. Too bad. Any chance you can add it later? Thanks
I have checked the latest version of the library, still not supported. I will keep an eye on it.
I have just submitted version 1.0.6 to Apple.

Here are the release notes:

- Personal Dashboard fixes
- iPad Pro 10.5 inch layout improvements
- Small bug fixes and improvements
These days Apple is fast with reviews....version 1.0.6 is approved and available!
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi 26