• 137(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
Quick question.

I've got this all running nicely now, set up on my HTPC (windows) also running Kodi. I've left the cmd box open.

If I close that or restart Windows is this gonna stop working or is it all done AWS server/Alexa server side now?

If it is all server side, how do I grab or view server logs from CMD again after I've closed this CMD box or restarted Windows?
Have just updated to the latest version and looked to implement caching to speed things up a little... the skill works and all good.

The only thing am wondering is if there is a way to check if the caching works? Should the bucket I create have any content etc? I have issued a update library command which worked ok, but, am wondering how I can see if its actually done anything Big Grin
(2017-11-14, 21:20)jouster Wrote:
(2017-11-14, 15:36)jingai Wrote: What shows and movies are you having trouble with?

its all sorts of movies...sometimes adding them to the custom slot types values helps...other times it doesnt 

You'd have to give some examples if you want me to look into it.

For reference, I very rarely have troubles with the matching.
(2017-11-15, 12:57)FoxForceFive Wrote: Quick question.

I've got this all running nicely now, set up on my HTPC (windows) also running Kodi. I've left the cmd box open.

If I close that or restart Windows is this gonna stop working or is it all done AWS server/Alexa server side now?

If it is all server side, how do I grab or view server logs from CMD again after I've closed this CMD box or restarted Windows?

You can close it.

Use 'zappa tail dev' to watch logs later.
(2017-11-15, 13:55)ziggy73701 Wrote: The only thing am wondering is if there is a way to check if the caching works? Should the bucket I create have any content etc? I have issued a update library command which worked ok, but, am wondering how I can see if its actually done anything Big Grin

Yes, you should see cache objects appear in the bucket.

The skill server logs will also indicate if it's enabled.
One extra thing to note: it doesn't stop on the first match. It returns the strongest match. However, if two titles have exactly the same name, then yes, you will need to edit one of them.
(2017-11-15, 14:38)jingai Wrote: One extra thing to note: it doesn't stop on the first match. It returns the strongest match. However, if two titles have exactly the same name, then yes, you will need to edit one of them.

Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPhone
This may actually be a feature request, rather than a question, but here goes.

Is there any way to get the Cinemavision addon to play movies?

If you don't what it is & how it works, it's an addon that allows you to play film intros & trailers before a film, even trivia cards too if you want, & it's usually built into a skin, so instead of hitting enter or play on a film, you go into info then hit the cinemavision button & it plays the film after the intro & trailers etc.

Alternatively, there is a 'Cinemavision Launcher' that when installed adds the entry to the context menu, so pressing c or menu then selecting cinemavision also does the same thing.

What I'd like to do, is say 'Alexa, ask Kodi Cinema to play Star Wars' Alexa, ask Kodi to play Star Wars in Cinema' or some similar invocation or trigger that would run that film as if you'd pressed the Cinemavision button.

If you simply run the addon, it opens up the configuration screen for the addon, which obviously doesn't help.

I've no idea if this is possible; if it's a quick edit, very complex, or even impossible, but I figured I'd ask.
Hello,
When I run zappa deploy dev nothing happens.
I get this message:
"Stage names must match a-zA-Z0-9_"
What should I do?
ImageImagehttps://imgur.com/a/IUfXH
Thank you,
Ori
Everything is working well enough and I saw in the instructions that it’s possible to have multiple dots running different Kodi installs. I have two or three other rooms that have their on Dots and Kodi installs in so I’d love to set this up.

I’m using the AWS setup and tried to run the ‘zappa tail dev’ command but just got an error

Is there a simple way to get the device IDs.

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-11-19, 15:48)oritopo Wrote: Hello,
When I run zappa deploy dev nothing happens.
I get this message:
"Stage names must match a-zA-Z0-9_"
What should I do?
ImageImagehttps://imgur.com/a/IUfXH
Thank you,
Ori
You are still in the `zappa init` stage, you kicked it off and it is asking you questions. You need to complete this stage before moving onto the next command.
(2017-11-20, 00:15)jouster Wrote: Everything is working well enough and I saw in the instructions that it’s possible to have multiple dots running different Kodi installs. I have two or three other rooms that have their on Dots and Kodi installs in so I’d love to set this up.

I’m using the AWS setup and tried to run the ‘zappa tail dev’ command but just got an error

Sent from my iPhone
What is the error you are getting?

I am guessing you have not activated the virtual environment before running the zappa command.

You need to activate the virtual environment for each session you want to do something with zappa. By "session" I mean a command line session, when you open a terminal window you are starting a new session. Once you close the window the session ends and so will the virtual environment, so you need activate again the next time you start a new session. But it should remain active whilst you have the terminal window open unless you deactivate it manually. Does that make sense?   

Navigate to the folder you deployed from and run `source venv/bin/activate` (if you are on Windows, that's `venv\Scripts\activate.bat`)
(2017-11-20, 09:40)digiltd Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 00:15)jouster Wrote: Everything is working well enough and I saw in the instructions that it’s possible to have multiple dots running different Kodi installs. I have two or three other rooms that have their on Dots and Kodi installs in so I’d love to set this up.

Sent from my iPhone
What is the error you are getting?

I am guessing you have not activated the virtual environment before running the zappa command.

You need to activate the virtual environment for each session you want to do something with zappa. By "session" I mean a command line session, when you open a terminal window you are starting a new session. Once you close the window the session ends and so will the virtual environment, so you need activate again the next time you start a new session. But it should remain active whilst you have the terminal window open unless you deactivate it manually. Does that make sense?   

Navigate to the folder you deployed from and run `source venv/bin/activate` (if you are on Windows, that's `venv\Scripts\activate.bat`)

Yes I definitely didn’t do that. Thanks for the advice I’ll give that a try and report back

Sent from my iPhone
This is a great little addon. Didn't take me too long to get it up and running on self hosting and then running on multiple kodi instances across the house. 

The one issue I've found so far is that the sorting on 'next episode' doesn't always generate the right answer. It really depends on the results the API throws out.

I've experimented and the right answer seems to be to add a sort based on the episode field into the nextepisode function in kodi_voice:
Quote:SORT_EPISODE = {"method": "episode", "order": "ascending"}
Quote:data = self.SendCommand(RPCString("VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes", {"tvshowid": int(show_id)}, filters=[FILTER_UNWATCHED], fields=["playcount"], sort=SORT_EPISODE, limits=(0, 1)))

The problem seems to exist where items are filling in gaps. E.g. I add one season to the kodi library - then backfill in an episode from an earlier series after.

For example - the standard query will produce (for my copy of Jonathan Creek):
Quote:{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"episodes":[{"episodeid":31623,"label":"S03. The Grinning Man"},{"episodeid":31624,"label":"S04. The Judas Tree"},{"episodeid":31625,"label":"S05. The Clue of the Savant's Thumb"},{"episodeid":31626,"label":"S06. Daemons' Roost"},{"episodeid":31627,"label":"1x01. The Wrestler's Tomb"},{"episodeid":31628,"label":"1x02. Jack in the Box"},{"episodeid":31629,"label":"1x03. The Reconstituted Corpse"},{"episodeid":31630,"label":"1x04. No Trace of Tracy"},{"episodeid":31631,"label":"1x05. The House of Monkeys"},{"episodeid":31632,"label":"2x01. Danse Macabre"},{"episodeid":31633,"label":"2x02. Time Waits for Norman"},{"episodeid":31634,"label":"2x03. The Scented Room"},{"episodeid":31635,"label":"2x04. The Problem at Gallows Gate (1)"},{"episodeid":31636,"label":"2x05. The Problem at Gallows Gate (2)"},{"episodeid":31637,"label":"2x06. Mother Redcap"},{"episodeid":31638,"label":"3x01. The Curious Tale of Mr. Spearfish"},{"episodeid":31639,"label":"3x02. The Eyes of Tiresias"},{"episodeid":31640,"label":"3x03. The Omega Man"},{"episodeid":31641,"label":"3x04. Ghost's Forge"},{"episodeid":31642,"label":"3x05. Miracle in Crooked Lane"},{"episodeid":31643,"label":"3x06. The Three Gamblers"},{"episodeid":31644,"label":"4x01. The Coonskin Cap"},{"episodeid":31645,"label":"4x02. Angel Hair"},{"episodeid":31646,"label":"4x03. The Tailor's Dummy"},{"episodeid":31647,"label":"4x04. The Seer of the Sands"},{"episodeid":31648,"label":"4x05. The Chequered Box"},{"episodeid":31649,"label":"4x06. Gorgons Wood"},{"episodeid":31650,"label":"5x01. The Letters of Septimus Noone"},{"episodeid":31651,"label":"5x02. The Sinner and the Sandman"},{"episodeid":31652,"label":"5x03. The Curse of the Bronze Lamp"},{"episodeid":40622,"label":"S01. Black Canary"},{"episodeid":40623,"label":"S02. Satan's Chimney"}],"limits":{"end":32,"start":0,"total":32}}}

The last two specials there - 01 and 02 *should* appear before season 3 episodes and season 4 respectively. Equally - at the end of season 4 should be specials 3, 4 and 5.

Sorting by episode gives:
Quote:{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"episodes":[{"episodeid":31627,"label":"1x01. The Wrestler's Tomb"},{"episodeid":31628,"label":"1x02. Jack in the Box"},{"episodeid":31629,"label":"1x03. The Reconstituted Corpse"},{"episodeid":31630,"label":"1x04. No Trace of Tracy"},{"episodeid":31631,"label":"1x05. The House of Monkeys"},{"episodeid":31632,"label":"2x01. Danse Macabre"},{"episodeid":31633,"label":"2x02. Time Waits for Norman"},{"episodeid":31634,"label":"2x03. The Scented Room"},{"episodeid":31635,"label":"2x04. The Problem at Gallows Gate (1)"},{"episodeid":31636,"label":"2x05. The Problem at Gallows Gate (2)"},{"episodeid":31637,"label":"2x06. Mother Redcap"},{"episodeid":40622,"label":"S01. Black Canary"},{"episodeid":31638,"label":"3x01. The Curious Tale of Mr. Spearfish"},{"episodeid":31639,"label":"3x02. The Eyes of Tiresias"},{"episodeid":31640,"label":"3x03. The Omega Man"},{"episodeid":31641,"label":"3x04. Ghost's Forge"},{"episodeid":31642,"label":"3x05. Miracle in Crooked Lane"},{"episodeid":31643,"label":"3x06. The Three Gamblers"},{"episodeid":40623,"label":"S02. Satan's Chimney"},{"episodeid":31644,"label":"4x01. The Coonskin Cap"},{"episodeid":31645,"label":"4x02. Angel Hair"},{"episodeid":31646,"label":"4x03. The Tailor's Dummy"},{"episodeid":31647,"label":"4x04. The Seer of the Sands"},{"episodeid":31648,"label":"4x05. The Chequered Box"},{"episodeid":31649,"label":"4x06. Gorgons Wood"},{"episodeid":31623,"label":"S03. The Grinning Man"},{"episodeid":31624,"label":"S04. The Judas Tree"},{"episodeid":31625,"label":"S05. The Clue of the Savant's Thumb"},{"episodeid":31650,"label":"5x01. The Letters of Septimus Noone"},{"episodeid":31651,"label":"5x02. The Sinner and the Sandman"},{"episodeid":31652,"label":"5x03. The Curse of the Bronze Lamp"},{"episodeid":31626,"label":"S06. Daemons' Roost"}],"limits":{"end":32,"start":0,"total":32}}}

But I'm simply not a confident enough user of github and Python yet to push those changes up to the core - so I'm hoping one of the core maintainers will agree.

I am learning however, so I'm going to try and add profile switching into the app locally and (if you'll accept submissions!) I'll try and put a pull request into github for it.
Can I suggest something? 

Is there any way to say 'Alexa ask kodi to play next episode' when an episode is playing to have it start the next one of the same show? 

This would be great when binge watching shows as you could say it as the credits start to roll, saving pressing stop then navigating to the next one & pressing play.
  • 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15