Artist fanart for music compilations
If I have a music compilation album, I tagged all its tracks with the same album artist (exp. "Various Artists") and each of them with the right artist who singed that song.
Following kodi settings are applied:
 - SETTINGS/MEDIA SETTINGS/MUSIC/LIBRARY/SHOW SONG AND ALBUM ARTISTS = OFF
 - SETTINGS/MEDIA SETTINGS/MUSIC/LIBRARY/PREFER ONLINE INFORMATION = ON
 - TOP MENU/COLLECTION-CHANGE VIEW/SHOW ARTIST-ALBUM ART = ON

Currently, after imported into the music library, if I select a track of the compilation, the album art remains the same but the background fanart changes to the image of the artist tagged into the track file. This happens for each selected track, probably searching around the internet by the scraper services.

What can I do if the artist fanart is not found on-line? Can I use, for example, local fanart images stored locally in order to have the right artist fanart?
As per extrafanart images, I supposed that adding art images for those artists into the same path for extrafanart could get working, but it didn't!

Any suggestion would be very appreciated
Tks in advance
(2017-11-21, 17:44)Jumpy73 Wrote: What can I do if the artist fanart is not found on-line? Can I use, for example, local fanart images stored locally in order to have the right artist fanart?
As per extrafanart images, I supposed that adding art images for those artists into the same path for extrafanart could get working, but it didn't!
For standard Kodi v17 and below sorry no. Local artwork only works for album artists that have all their music below one unique folder where the local art is placed.

However imporvements are commng in v18, including support for local art and nfo files for all artists. It is available in the current nightly if you are willing to experiment and explore that (with all the usual warnings about using pre-alpha software).

Otherwise some skins and addons do support local art for song artists. Not something I use persoanally, but checking out skin helper service (and the skins that use it) or cdArt addons may help you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist fanart for music compilations0