• 272(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
vbatt99,

Having issues scraping Dangal 2016 and can't find what the issue is.
(2017-11-19, 00:06)Edworld Wrote: vbatt99,

See there is an issue with MC and TheMovieDb.
I had success when I switched XBMC TMDb scraper off and scarped from Imdb directly.

But TMDb also failed for Die Hard as a test also.

Will investigate and let you know.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2017-11-19, 00:06)Edworld Wrote: vbatt99,

Found and fix is in place for next release, very soon.
Media Companion Dev.
Hey, Rob,
Just wanted to pass along some weird behavior going on for me.  On the movie side, if I select something in the filter section and then try to go back to the main screen, I lose focus in MC and end up in some other program I have open.  Don't know how else to explain it.  Make sense to you?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2017-11-20, 00:18)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob,
Just wanted to pass along some weird behavior going on for me.  On the movie side, if I select something in the filter section and then try to go back to the main screen, I lose focus in MC and end up in some other program I have open.  Don't know how else to explain it.  Make sense to you?

Nope, no sense as all. LOL.
It might be you need to rebuild the movie cache file. (ie: Close MC, delete moviecache.xml from settings folder, then start MC again)
But without a method to reproduce, I won't be able to pinpoint what is causing it.

When I get weird behavior like this, I usually start MC from fresh. (Delete the Settings folder, and re-setup MC as if new)
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-10-17, 03:49)MANswers Wrote: vbat99 thanks for all the great work you put every few weeks for this software.
Just a gentle reminder, do you have the logo and disc art option to download coming up in your future builds? Just dont forget about it. Its a pain to keep running artwork downloader for the whole library if you add a bunch of new movies to scrape logos and discs.

Oh and btw is there a way, i can download and assign the "Movie Set" collection poster to the movie collection, including logos?

Apologies for the late getting back to you.
Fanart.TV Artwork can be selected to download for Movies and TV already in Preferences.
I have today checked, and MovieSet artwork from Fanart.Tv also download Fanart, Poster, Logo, DiscArt...etc as long as it is available for the Movie Set.

Cheers.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-11-20, 00:25)vbat99 Wrote:

It might be you need to rebuild the movie cache file. (ie: Close MC, delete moviecache.xml from settings folder, then start MC again)
But without a method to reproduce, I won't be able to pinpoint what is causing it.

When I get weird behavior like this, I usually start MC from fresh. (Delete the Settings folder, and re-setup MC as if new)  
Tried your suggestions and still the same.  Selecting things like source or set kicks me out of MC. Huh  Also noticed after deleting the settings folder, I import movies again and the set overview is gone for just about all movies.  Seems to still be in nfo, just not showing in MC.  Thanks.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.688b
**Fix XBMC TMDB Scraping of Movies.**
New Feature from MC 3.685b: - Select TV root folder to scrape series from TheMovieDB.
Check readme in MC 3.685b folder for more information.

New:

Fixed:
  • Movie - update XBMC TMDb scraper.
  • MC - fix select correct preferences tab from TV or Movie Preferences.
  • Movie - improve MovieSet Fanart retrival during movie scrape.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.688b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
Thanks!
(2017-11-20, 02:35)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 00:25)vbat99 Wrote:

Tried your suggestions and still the same.  Selecting things like source or set kicks me out of MC. Huh  Also noticed after deleting the settings folder, I import movies again and the set overview is gone for just about all movies.  Seems to still be in nfo, just not showing in MC.  Thanks.  
 Seems my system is a little wacky.  Did a complete fresh install of Win10 and have the same problem.  Don't believe it's MC.  If I have any other program running, like browser, it switches to that unless it's minimized.  If all other programs are minimized, normal behavior.  Don't know where this came from.. Strange indeed.

The sets thing is ok, I think.  Deleted the cache file and scraped ID and info again and seems to be fine.
Is there a setting somewhere for setting ignore articles?  Say I only want to ignore "The" and not "A" or "An".
I am excited after installing the latest build.  

Finally a "delete folder" option but sadly it doesn't seem to work for me.

Wondering if I have a permissions issue?
good evening,

still encountering problems with scraping tv-series on themoviedb.com

getting this error message:

Initializing TMDB...Searching for series: Nils Holgerssons wunderbare Reise
Series Found: Nils Holgerssons wunderbare Reise : Id (TMDb): (60630)
Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er darf nicht negativ und kleiner als die Sammlung sein.
Parametername: index]

Any ideas?

greetings
(2017-11-21, 22:22)bobrap Wrote:  Seems my system is a little wacky.  Did a complete fresh install of Win10 and have the same problem.  Don't believe it's MC.  If I have any other program running, like browser, it switches to that unless it's minimized.  If all other programs are minimized, normal behavior.  Don't know where this came from.. Strange indeed.

The sets thing is ok, I think.  Deleted the cache file and scraped ID and info again and seems to be fine.
Is there a setting somewhere for setting ignore articles?  Say I only want to ignore "The" and not "A" or "An".

Look at the Common Settings tab in Preferences, There you can select which prefix to ignore.

As for the Movie Set Cache losing set history, I am working on improving this with a separate Movie Set Database, away from Media Companion folder, as a look-up database for collection info.
More on that later.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-11-22, 05:41)artistwantab Wrote: I am excited after installing the latest build.  

Finally a "delete folder" option but sadly it doesn't seem to work for me.

Wondering if I have a permissions issue?

I have seen this option, but am unsure who added it or how it works. I will check and let you know very soon.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-11-22, 18:46)kuddel Wrote: good evening,

still encountering problems with scraping tv-series on themoviedb.com

getting this error message:

Initializing TMDB...Searching for series: Nils Holgerssons wunderbare Reise
Series Found: Nils Holgerssons wunderbare Reise : Id (TMDb): (60630)
Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er darf nicht negativ und kleiner als die Sammlung sein.
Parametername: index]

Any ideas?

greetings

As TMDb scraping is still new, I would expect the odd bug. I will investigate and see what is throwing this error.
Please confirm, you have selected German as the scrape language?
Media Companion Dev.
  • 272(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10