• 113(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
I`ve done some test with my setups and have found a stange behavior. Connecting the AVR to HDMI Port 3 of my TV (which is suposed to support 10bit but lacks the support of ARC), the NUC does recognize the AVR right and lets me select 4k@50, 59,94 and 60Hz (even the BIOS is running in 4k). The strange fact is, that my TV even supports 4k60@ all ports... (65UB950V) The informations from within the AVR-Menu doesn't tell any difference for the connection TV-AVR. Could this be the wrong handling of YUV vs RGB of the kernel mentioned by fritsch?

Greetings,
Manuel
I get more and more Audio Dropouts with my J4205 (DVI -> HDMI Adapter) on Pioneer LC 901. I dont have this problem on my Iconbit XDS 1003. Does anyone else do have Audio Drops with apollo Lake Boards?
Which Log can I check to see if Libreelec (8.2.1) does make the the problems or at least recognize, since Windows does make the very same problems.
(2017-11-22, 14:46)flyingernst Wrote: I get more and more Audio Dropouts with my J4205 (DVI -> HDMI Adapter) on Pioneer LC 901. I dont have this problem on my Iconbit XDS 1003. Does anyone else do have Audio Drops with apollo Lake Boards?
Which Log can I check to see if Libreelec (8.2.1) does make the the problems or at least recognize, since Windows does make the very same problems.
Never had audio drops, video occasionally, will go away and force me to power cycle.
I have the J4205 as well and never had audio dropouts when I used the dvi > HDMI but now that hd audio works on the HDMI 2.0 port, I sometimes get audio dropouts after a movie has been paused and have to stop and restart the movie.  This is using escalades community build of Libreelec through a denon x2300w.
This Vorke V1 Plus
http://www.vorke.com/vorke-v1-plus

Some questions:
1) is a good product?
2) it is not HDR ready. If i play an 4K HDR video, i get only 4K video or the video don't start at all?
3) DTS-HD and DT-HD passthrough are supported?

I'd like to buy it today (Black Friday).
Thanks.
To summarise:

There is no HDR Kodi support currently on Apollo Lake or Kaby Lake Intel Hardware.

Like other platforms, you can Hardware decode 10bit 4K HDR (HEVC) but it will be output with the wrong colorspace and likely display as a washed out picture due to no HDR Metadata being passed to the display.

Remember what @noggin said...
Quote:(It's important NOT to think that 10bit = HDR. It doesn't. 10 bit SDR video has been with us since the 90s at least...)

10 bit 4K SDR will output with the correct colorspace.

There IS HDR support with Windows on Intel Kaby Lake Hardware:

Intel HD Graphics Driver 15.60 Adds 10-bit HDR for Kaby Lake (click)

BUT you have to use PowerDVD Software which has HDR support, which is buggy I've been informed.

You should avoid all Intel Hardware if you want bug free HDR support.

(2017-11-24, 11:18)wrxtasy Wrote: To summarise:

There is no HDR Kodi support currently on Apollo Lake or Kaby Lake Intel Hardware.

Like other platforms, you can Hardware decode 10bit 4K HDR (HEVC) but it will be output with the wrong colorspace and likely display as a washed out picture.

10 bit 4K SDR will output with the correct colorspace.

There is HDR support with Windows on Intel Kaby Lake Hardware:

Intel HD Graphics Driver 15.60 Adds 10-bit HDR for Kaby Lake (click)

BUT you have to use PowerDVD Software which has HDR support, which is buggy I've been informed.
 thank you, V1 Plus is a good player for you?
DTS-HD and DT-HD passthrough are supported?
@honcho would be the man to answer detailed questions about the Vorke V1 Plus.

BUT any statements have to detail which OS is being used and what playback Software (& version), otherwise expect more mass confusion for everybody reading. Wink

If you want Kodi 4K HDR + HD Audio passthrough, buy an Gigabit LAN S912 $50 KM8 Pro or a $60 AMLogic S912 H96 Pro Plus and run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on it.

(2017-11-24, 11:33)wrxtasy Wrote: @honcho would be the man to answer detailed questions about the Vorke V1 Plus.

BUT any statements have to detail which OS is being used and what playback Software (& version), otherwise expect more mass confusion for everybody reading. Wink

If you want Kodi 4K HDR + HD Audio passthrough, buy an Gigabit LAN - $60 AMLogic S912 H96 Pro Plus and run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on it.
 I'd like Kodi 4K HDR + HD Passthrough.
Gigabit LAN is not important for me, I only use WIFI (NAS) and internal or USB HDD for 4K videos.
So WIFI must be great.
.... and all with the best PQ possible (I had bought Zidoo X10 3 days ago, fantastic PQ, but WIFI 5GHz did not work well. I return the X10)
How do you expect to get reliable high bitrate 4K HDR video streaming inc. HD Audio passthrough over any sort of WiFi connection ?

You are on an Easter Egg hunt right there in the land of the impossible IMHO Wink

For any sort of Kodi 4K HDR - Intel is NOT the Hardware you are looking for.

please try this https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lfdm2mxmhnn0c...v68Ka?dl=0  (1080p h265 with Atmos and DD+) for checking if you get the same audio drop like I do.

My behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xtlPUgCA-U

Thanks!
(2017-11-24, 12:06)wrxtasy Wrote: How do you expect to get reliable high bitrate 4K HDR video streaming inc. HD Audio passthrough over any sort of WiFi connection ?
....... and internal or USB HDD for 4K videos.
I don't use WIFI for 4K, only from USB external HDD or internal HDD (Zidoo X10, Himedia Q10 Pro, ecc.....).
I use WIFI to play videos from my NAS, but only for 2K (1080p H.264/H.265) and for streaming 1080p max.

N.B.: Netflix 4K HDR streaming with WIFI 5GHz from Hisense N6800 works perfectly.
(2017-11-24, 12:23)mamachan Wrote: N.B.: Netflix 4K HDR streaming with WIFI 5GHz from Hisense N6800 works perfectly.
That is not a good test of demanding 4K Bitrates streamed over WiFi which for 4K Netflix / Amazon / VUDU etc would be around 15-20Mbps NOT the ultra demanding 45-120Mbps ripped 4K HDR HEVC video content would be streaming with.

It all a moot point anyway because there is NO HDR support with Kodi using Apollo Lake Hardware anyway.

what version of LE would I need to download to install it on a AMLogic S912 H96 Pro Plus? And how can I migrate all my settings, plugins, etc.from my x86 box? Thanks!
(2017-11-24, 12:58)chrisk2305 Wrote: what version of LE would I need to download to install it on a AMLogic S912 H96 Pro Plus? And how can I migrate all my settings, plugins, etc.from my x86 box? Thanks!

You could try a LE backup and then transfer that .tar backup file to the LE S912 box backup directory and restore, but I would...

Ol School...SSH login...

Code:
systemctl stop kodi
tar -zcvf /storage/backup/le.x86.tar.gz .kodi
Install S912 LE Kodi Krypton (click)

LibreELEC 8.2 for Amlogic S912 devices.

Copy le.x86.tar.gz to LE S912 backup directory via Win. Explorer or macOS Finder

Code:
systemctl stop kodi
tar -zxvf /storage/backup/le.x86.tar.gz .kodi
systemctl start kodi

Some Addons would need to re-installed as the x86 Addon binaries would not be compatible with 32/64bit ARM.

• 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9