v17 Kodi 17.6 crashes after boot up #Linux Mint 18.2
Hello,

I got new machine just for Kodi:

I5 7500
8 GB ram
MSi B250 MBO
Nvidia 1050Ti

I have installed Linux Mint 18.2 (ubuntu 16.4), updated, installed Nvidia driver, add Kodi repo and install Kodi.
I am using SMB to connect to my Qnap Nas for movies and music.
On first install, i have installed a few addons (for subtitles and Youtube) and started to add Video & Music library and wanted to edit some nodes. I started installation of library node editor and kodi freezed . 
I have to kill it from terminal. AFter that on every start of Kodi, updating library stopped at 10% and when i started to download again library node editor kodi freezed again.
So i reinstalled Kodi, and worked ok. Added library node editor, setup my libraries from SMB and worked well. So tried to install few addons and then crashed. From that time on every run of Kodi after 30sec it crash.

Here are logs:

kodi_crashlog-20171124_000102.log
kodi_crashlog-20171124_000124.log

regards,
Luka
I managed to turn on debug log and also notices something else. If i run Kodi from terminal (in GUI) as normal user i display this in terminal:

Code:
extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_bytes() called, but @ffi.def_extern() was not called in the current subinterpreter.  Returning 0.
extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_status() called, but @ffi.def_extern() was not called in the current subinterpreter.  Returning 0.
Code:
extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_status() called, but got internal exception (out of memory / shutdown issue).  Returning 0.
extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_bytes() called, but got internal exception (out of memory / shutdown issue).  Returning 0.

This repeat until crash.

Last line lines in terminal :
Code:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
find: ‘/home/craken/.cache/dconf’: Permission denied
Crash report available at /home/craken/kodi_crashlog-20171124_204728.log

So i tried with sudo i got only this:

Code:
extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_bytes() called, but @ffi.def_extern() was not called in the current subinterpreter.  Returning 0.
extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_status() called, but got internal exception (out of memory / shutdown issue).  Returning 0.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

First two lines are repeating until crash. Here are log & dump.

kodi.log
Kodi.crash.log
Please use the forum search - this was discussed around 10 times.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...yptography
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-11-24, 22:16)fritsch Wrote: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...yptography
 Thank you, Solved !
(2017-11-24, 22:16)fritsch Wrote: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...yptography
 Thank you so much for the link, I can't express how thankful I am you posted it.  I am a newbie to Linux and this fixed Kodi 17.6 on the Linux Mint 18.3 Mate Desktop.  Sp Appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 crashes after boot up #Linux Mint 18.20