• 62(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hi.

I am a new user of this wonderful skin. I have Kodi 17.6 Krypton and I'm still setting things up but I have a question.
How can I know if I have the latest version of this skin installed Huh Does it update itself Huh Repo ??

Thanks!
In short, yes. The skin updates, provided you set everything up properly. You can find all of the information in the first post of this thread.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
I have set the Background Overlay Image and Fanart Fallback Image to a particular image inside my Kodi folder on Android.  I noticed that these do not link when copying my build to Windows because it is using the Anrdoid path.  Is there any way to use the same type of linking for background images/overaly images as we do for hub images etc.  Hub images allow me to use the special paths for a relative link, but the background and fanart overlays are not allowing me to do that.
(2017-11-24, 23:58)stevo629 Wrote: I have set the Background Overlay Image and Fanart Fallback Image to a particular image inside my Kodi folder on Android.  I noticed that these do not link when copying my build to Windows because it is using the Anrdoid path.  Is there any way to use the same type of linking for background images/overaly images as we do for hub images etc.  Hub images allow me to use the special paths for a relative link, but the background and fanart overlays are not allowing me to do that.
Well, yes and no. The skin uses skin.setimage for adding the images, and I have no way to control how that registers (that I know of). As far as I understand it, the property uses full file browsing by default, which means that it always registers the full file path as a consequence, so special isn't registered as special, but as the actual file path.

On the other hand, I can force the browser to open in the special file path (special://skin/), and in that way, the selected images will get registered as part of the special file path. The main problem is that you can't browse if you specify the starting point, so you are limited to placing the images in the skin folder. That's why I'd rather not mod the skin in that direction.

However, you can modify it yourself if you like. Simply add ",special://skin/" to the properties in lines 509 and 518 in the SkinSettings.xml. This will force your setting to start in the skin folder and save the selected image with a special file path. Keep in mind that you'll need to do this after every skin update, and I don't know how updates might affect the images once they are selected with the modified method.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-11-23, 16:28)Alanon Wrote: In short, yes. The skin updates, provided you set everything up properly. You can find all of the information in the first post of this thread.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4
Hi Alanon,

which part of the skin has the code for the invisible button(s) that bring up the sub menu on a touch screen device?

id like to make a few minor changes to my own build if possible that wouldnt be ideal for most people lol.

also, is it possible to stop widgets from zooming left & right when scrolling on touch devices? haha
(2017-11-26, 04:30)chrisjcks Wrote: Hi Alanon,

which part of the skin has the code for the invisible button(s) that bring up the sub menu on a touch screen device?

id like to make a few minor changes to my own build if possible that wouldnt be ideal for most people lol.

also, is it possible to stop widgets from zooming left & right when scrolling on touch devices? haha 

It should be the button in the Includes_Furniture.xml beginning with line 1385. I'm not certain, though, as the original function of the button is to trigger the QuickNav menu. So it either works for the submenu as well on touch devices, or it works for the submenu in case the QuickNav is not set up. There's also a chance that it's the way Kodi is set up for touch devices, in which case the button should not make a difference at all. I've never tried anything on a touch device, so I have no clue.

Also, keep in mind that since it is tied to the top bar there are some instances where it will not be loaded, and there are some loose examples where the button was reconstructed to work independently. However, the button retains the same ID, so you'll have little trouble finding it in other places in the skin.

As far as the widget goes, there shouldn't be any zooming left and right? The widget ought to climb down a bit while the bottom disappears, and display the posters, which I presume you should be able to swipe?

nice work alanon Smile
i have some Suggestions for skin
1-litle change but i like to add it in home bar style

2-the widget view if you add it in library views will be nice

many thanks
Hey everybody! Is anybody else triggering the view options context screen a little too easily on mouse/touch input now? It's been a little weird since the last Kodi update. I'm hoping I just toggled some option by accident.
(2017-11-27, 13:38)maher Wrote: nice work alanon Smile

many thanks
Thanks!

I really like that idea! I'll add the Widget view to the skin for the next update. As for the home menu, I'll have to see if it can be added, but it's probably going to be tricky, so I don't know exactly when I can do it.
(2017-11-29, 03:49)galactica12 Wrote: Hey everybody! Is anybody else triggering the view options context screen a little too easily on mouse/touch input now? It's been a little weird since the last Kodi update. I'm hoping I just toggled some option by accident.
I've noticed that the submenu seems to pop down automatically on every viewtype after I've called it once. Is that what you meant? At the moment I have no idea what's causing it.

(2017-11-29, 04:11)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-11-27, 13:38)maher Wrote: nice work alanon Smile

many thanks
Thanks!

I really like that idea! I'll add the Widget view to the skin for the next update. As for the home menu, I'll have to see if it can be added, but it's probably going to be tricky, so I don't know exactly when I can do it.
(2017-11-29, 03:49)galactica12 Wrote: Hey everybody! Is anybody else triggering the view options context screen a little too easily on mouse/touch input now? It's been a little weird since the last Kodi update. I'm hoping I just toggled some option by accident.
I've noticed that the submenu seems to pop down automatically on every viewtype after I've called it once. Is that what you meant? At the moment I have no idea what's causing it. 
 Hm, I think the best way I can describe is on a touch device, touching the middle of the screen at all in any view calls it up. With mouse controls, anytime the mouse is in the middle of the screen it calls down said menu as well... I'm not quite certain, haha. It's bizarre. On Android devices you can still select by holding on the selection a little bit longer though!
Quick question, this should be an easier one :-)

which xml is the Main-Panel settings in?
(2017-12-01, 16:34)chrisjcks Wrote: Quick question, this should be an easier one :-)

Not so easy. XD
Which panel? The main menu, the settings menu panel, or one of the panels in the views?

(2017-12-01, 17:10)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-12-01, 16:34)chrisjcks Wrote: Quick question, this should be an easier one :-)

Not so easy. XD
Which panel? The main menu, the settings menu panel, or one of the panels in the views?  
oh damn, lol

the one that is on all addons, would this be the Main one? :-)

(2017-12-01, 17:37)chrisjcks Wrote: oh damn, lol

Ah, well that's even trickier then. It's a panel that's used and reused across all the viewtypes that have a list (List, Squarelist, all of the MediaInfo views, etc.). You're looking for the SquareList view (in Viewtype_List.xml, line 89), that's used for audio and add-ons, among other things. That viewtype, in turn, calls on the View_List element (Viewtype_List.xml, line 1245).

That element calls on two other includes that are also in the same file. Depending on what you want to change, you could simultaneously change it (or break it) for all the viewtypes that re-use the list. This basically makes any editing messy as hell. xD

(2017-12-01, 18:13)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-12-01, 17:37)chrisjcks Wrote: oh damn, lol

Ah, well that's even trickier then. It's a panel that's used and reused across all the viewtypes that have a list (List, Squarelist, all of the MediaInfo views, etc.). You're looking for the SquareList view (in Viewtype_List.xml, line 89), that's used for audio and add-ons, among other things. That viewtype, in turn, calls on the View_List element (Viewtype_List.xml, line 1245).

That element calls on two other includes that are also in the same file. Depending on what you want to change, you could simultaneously change it (or break it) for all the viewtypes that re-use the list. This basically makes any editing messy as hell. xD  
 ohhh this sounds like its gonna be fun. Muuhahaha

thanks bud!
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21