[Kodi 17 Krypton] Movies display with release year of 65535 instead of correct year
It's Kodi 17.4 running on an nVidia Shield with the current Library Auto Updater addon for maintaining the database.

I'm not sure exactly when this began, but now every time I add a new movie to my collection, (SABNzbd to CouchPotato to Library), Kodi will display the movie release year as 65535, instead of the actual release year. I checked the NFO files being created and they're all correct, so I'm not sure where Kodi is picking the year information up from. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks..
Quote: Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?
No there is no setting that controls display date
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the quick response.

I do notice that this only happens with my recent movies. TV shows information screen shows the correct release year.

I also see that some of my movies names include the release year, and some aren't. (Due to the fact that I switched media managers). Does Kodi pick up the year from the actual media file name? If so, I can rename the new movies and append the release year to them.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Debug log (wiki) which captures an scrape of a movie with the wrong date. You will need to remove, then re-scrape

One of your nfo files pasted to pastebin.

Click on the link NFO Files in my signature. Maybe you will spot the issue with your nfo files quicker than I will Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I actually consulted the NFO wiki before posting, but after visiting again following the link in your sig, I realize that I hadn't read far enough. I see now that instead of the premiered tag being in the following format;

<premiered>2016-03-09</premiered>

the misdated movie NFO has the premiered tag in this format;

<premiered>09 Mar 2016</premiered>

I don't know why CouchPotato is creating NFO files with the two different date formats and I can't find a setting to control this. I'll just have to examine each of the NFOs manually to make sure the date is in the correct format. For the affected movies, it looks like I'll need to remove and then reimport those movies, but at least I'll be able to clean this up.

Thanks again..
Great you found the issue. Smile

Are you creating nfo files to scrape new movies into the library or for some other reason?

Maybe the Import-Export function (also in my signature) might be of some use to you. It can export your entire library to nfo files, correctly formatted and placed. Great as a backup and to re-create your library on a new kodi installation. It will export/import watched states, play counts, last played etc...
My Signature
(2017-10-18, 07:40)jasnn Wrote: I actually consulted the NFO wiki before posting, but after visiting again following the link in your sig, I realize that I hadn't read far enough. I see now that instead of the premiered tag being in the following format;

<premiered>2016-03-09</premiered>

the misdated movie NFO has the premiered tag in this format;

<premiered>09 Mar 2016</premiered>

I don't know why CouchPotato is creating NFO files with the two different date formats and I can't find a setting to control this. I'll just have to examine each of the NFOs manually to make sure the date is in the correct format. For the affected movies, it looks like I'll need to remove and then reimport those movies, but at least I'll be able to clean this up.

Thanks again..
 I'm having the exact same problem and after reading your post, I examined NFO files and they are as you described. I wonder if you have find a way to get rid of this issue and correct those movie dates automatically instead of changing them one by one.

Thanks in advance.
(2017-12-11, 13:03)mehrdad_v Wrote: I wonder if you have find a way to get rid of this issue and correct those movie dates automatically instead of changing them one by one.
Yes there is. Speak to the developer of whatever software you are using to create the nfo files. Let me guess... Sonarr.
My Signature
(2017-12-11, 13:03)mehrdad_v Wrote: I'm having the exact same problem and after reading your post, I examined NFO files and they are as you described. I wonder if you have find a way to get rid of this issue and correct those movie dates automatically instead of changing them one by one.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for not responding sooner, but I was able to not only fix my date issue, but also fix a small problem where only some of my movies would be able to play their trailer. My solution was to remove all NFO files and metadata. The only thing in my movie subdirectory, is the actual movie file.

Occasionally I have to correct the Kodi listing, (which is easy enough to do in the app), but for 98% of my content, simply handing the metadata management over to Kodi, solved everything.

Jason

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17 Krypton] Movies display with release year of 65535 instead of correct year0