• 115(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-12-12, 12:44)bobrik73 Wrote:
(2017-12-12, 10:50)fritsch Wrote: Could someone with Apollo Lake play that entire sample here: 
http://youplala.net/~nico/kodi18-4khevc1...-HD.MA.mkv
Does it work without artefacts?
 J4205-ITX - AVR Denon X6200W - Sharp LC-60UQ10 work fine, without artifacts. Build Generic

Perfect! thanks!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-12-12, 12:34)flyingernst Wrote:
(2017-12-07, 20:30)sw4y Wrote: @fritsch
 I just wanted to ask, if you would (still) recommend an ASRock J3455-itx, if I want to do an upgrade?
 I would wait for Gemini Lake in Q1 2018. My own Apollo Lake will replace J1900 in my 24/7 Server as soon as possible, because I am disappointed very much from LSPCON, Aspect Ratio and HD Audio Bugs. Actually I wonder why no-one complains about the aspect ratio bug since LSPCON 1.66 on Apollo Lake Mainboards. 

(2017-12-12, 12:36)fritsch Wrote:
(2017-12-12, 12:34)flyingernst Wrote:
(2017-12-07, 20:30)sw4y Wrote: @fritsch
 I just wanted to ask, if you would (still) recommend an ASRock J3455-itx, if I want to do an upgrade?
 I would wait for Gemini Lake in Q1 2018. My own Apollo Lake will replace J1900 in my 24/7 Server as soon as possible, because I am disappointed very much from LSPCON, Aspect Ratio and HD Audio Bugs. Actually I wonder why no-one complains about the aspect ratio bug since LSPCON 1.66 on Apollo Lake Mainboards.  

+1 to that. Though HD Audio is fully working for me: X1300W + drm-intel-nightly since some months. I use LSPCON 1.72 which made different issues for others. 
OK, thank you both for your answer.
Is Gemini Lake supposed to work with Libreelec when the boards will be available?

Or will there be a delay (don't know how it was like when Apollo Lake was available)?
No one is sending relevant hardware to LE before-hand ... so expect delays.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-12-12, 21:05)sw4y Wrote: Is Gemini Lake supposed to work with Libreelec when the boards will be available?

Or will there be a delay (don't know how it was like when Apollo Lake was available)?

We take patches from those with the hardware. And gratefully accept hardware donations.

Otherwise we have to guess at what needs fixing/changing, but that definitely won't be a high priority.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-12-13, 05:51)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-12-12, 21:05)sw4y Wrote: Is Gemini Lake supposed to work with Libreelec when the boards will be available?

We take patches from those with the hardware. And gratefully accept hardware donations.

Otherwise we have to guess at what needs fixing/changing, but that definitely won't be a high priority. 

I for my part think - it will work, if:
- we either backport libva / intel-vaapi-drivers from 2.x branch to 1.8x branch (I did that for coffee lake already) for LE or update libva to version 2.x <- needs to be considered for kodi in general after 2.1 is out with the VAAPI AMD changes that will finally make our VAAPI work on AMD, too.
- we use a recent kernel (check)
- we use recent mesa (check)

That should be it.
(2017-12-13, 09:43)fritsch Wrote: I for my part think - it will work, if:
- we either backport libva / intel-vaapi-drivers from 2.x branch to 1.8x branch (I did that for coffee lake already) for LE or update libva to version 2.x <- needs to be considered for kodi in general after 2.1 is out with the VAAPI AMD changes that will finally make our VAAPI work on AMD, too.

That should be it.

libva/intel-vaapi-driver etc. is already 2.0.0 in LE master.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-12-13, 10:47)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-12-13, 09:43)fritsch Wrote: I for my part think - it will work, if:

That should be it.

libva/intel-vaapi-driver etc. is already 2.0.0 in LE master. 

Nice - did you adjust the FindVAAPI cmake, too? Is that something for upstream? We could use it for our wayland port.
(2017-12-13, 10:51)fritsch Wrote: Nice - did you adjust the FindVAAPI cmake, too? Is that something for upstream? We could use it for our wayland port.
No, I didn't adjust anything in Kodi as it builds with 2.0.0 without any changes.
HDMI 2.0 Firmware Update 1.71 Intel
Work fine Asrock J4205-ITX.
4K - OK, DTS-X, Dolby Atmos - OK
Meeeh :-) needing to swap disks again for the retarded os :-)
hi,

I installed 1.71 and I still have aspect ratio error with latest 18 nightly buid. Also the screen is to dark.

Connected with hdmi 2.0 port to AVR, Fimware 1.71, win 10, Kodi 17.3
https://picload.org/view/drwpldwa/img_20...6.jpg.html

same with libreelec latest 18.0 testing
https://picload.org/view/drwpldwi/img_20...5.jpg.html (black on top and bottom, pop up menu for pause and that stuff looks weird.

Menu with testbuild
https://picload.org/view/drwpldwl/img_20...6.jpg.html

when I connect to hdmi 1.4, then aspect ratio fits again, but picture ist still to dark
(2017-12-15, 00:48)flyingernst Wrote: hi,

I installed 2.71 and I still have aspect ratio error with latest 18 nightly buid. Also the screen is to dark.

Connected with hdmi 2.0 port to AVR, Fimware 1.71, win 10, Kodi 17.3
https://picload.org/view/drwpldwa/img_20...6.jpg.html

same with libreelec latest 18.0 testing
https://picload.org/view/drwpldwi/img_20...5.jpg.html (black on top and bottom, pop up menu for pause and that stuff looks weird.

Menu with testbuild
https://picload.org/view/drwpldwl/img_20...6.jpg.html

when I connect to hdmi 1.4, then aspect ratio fits again, but picture ist still to dark
 Use Limited checked in kodi settings?
Hi,

when I change between limited and full color space, the picture gets brighter while switching to full color range.
If you tell me which log you need I can make one.
The aspect ratio bug with HDMI 2.0 and LSPCON 1.71 is only with libreelec. Windows lookes fine in the same hardware configuration.
If I switch back to HDMI 1.4 then LibreElec AND Windows are fine with the aspect ratio but the picture is still to dark. Going back to LibreElec 8.2.1 makes the colors working again, which means limited color range is the one to choose and the picture is balanced.

Perhaps I should try a fresh installation on a USB stick just for a try?
No log needed. I cannot change that. Try to get a build with very latest and greatest, meaning LE with 4.15-rc kernel.
I had #1214
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9