• 19(current)
Kyra for Kodi 2
Hi,

i am giving v2 another chance but i am missing a very important button on my dash i can’t find. clean video libray really missing that button to add
(2017-11-28, 21:48)Njaynl Wrote: Hi,

i am giving v2 another chance but i am missing a very important button on my dash i can’t find. clean video libray really missing that button to add
Correct, I didn’t add that one. This weekend I will have a look at it.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2017-11-28, 22:10)rschiks Wrote:

Awesome , one other thing when say opening the youtube addon then going to search it pop ups a keyboard on my tv but not on my ipad.. i have also been not able to find a keyboard button for my dash

also is it possible to have the old season layout back ? in which you choose your season first ?
(2017-11-28, 22:24)Njaynl Wrote:
(2017-11-28, 22:10)rschiks Wrote:

Awesome , one other thing when say opening the youtube addon then going to search it pop ups a keyboard on my tv but not on my ipad.. i have also been not able to find a keyboard button for my dash

also is it possible to have the old season layout back ? in which you choose your season first ?

I don’t monitor those events (needs an additional tcp port). Maybe an additional button for the keyboard is an option.

For the speed I have removed the individual seasons. If more people want it I can put it on my list again.
(2017-11-28, 22:45)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-11-28, 22:24)Njaynl Wrote:
(2017-11-28, 22:10)rschiks Wrote: Correct, I didn’t add that one. This weekend I will have a look at it.

I don’t monitor those events (needs an additional tcp port). Maybe an additional button for the keyboard is an option.

For the speed I have removed the individual seasons. If more people want it I can put it on my list again.

for me the seasons are a no go at the moment then .. if you have a big serie like american dad it’s enoying scrolling the whole list. sorry richard
(2017-11-28, 23:02)Njaynl Wrote: for me the seasons are a no go at the moment then .. if you have a big serie like american dad it’s enoying scrolling the whole list. sorry richard
No problem.
Richard, ever considered adding an Apple Watch remote with basic functions?
(2017-12-02, 17:39)McYoshi Wrote: Richard, ever considered adding an Apple Watch remote with basic functions?
I have actually never looked at it because I don’t own one. Sad
I have just bought V2 and are very impressed so far.

Only issue is with smart playlists.

In Kodi; I have play lists for a selection of my TV Series.  When I display the playlist there it shows the TV Series.  If I click on the series name it takes me into the seasons and down to episodes.

In Kyra; when selecting the smart playlist it does it like a directory tree listing so that the TV series are just a list of series names.  If I select one, it shows the seasons and if I go into a season it lists all the files in the folder (i.e. not just the videos).

Ideally; I would like the TV series playlists to be displayed as they would be in Kodi.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.
(2017-12-13, 17:43)gmc99 Wrote: I have just bought V2 and are very impressed so far.

In Kodi; I have play lists for a selection of my TV Series.  When I display the playlist there it shows the TV Series.  If I click on the series name it takes me into the seasons and down to episodes.

In Kyra; when selecting the smart playlist it does it like a directory tree listing so that the TV series are just a list of series names.  If I select one, it shows the seasons and if I go into a season it lists all the files in the folder (i.e. not just the videos).

Ideally; I would like the TV series playlists to be displayed as they would be in Kodi.

The smart playlists are being presented to the app as a folder structure with files. I need to have a look if data, like it’s a series, is being returned. If this is true, I can display more info or forward to the series screen.
Now it just returns a kodi database number and when being played Kodi finds out what to do with it.
(2017-12-13, 22:24)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-12-13, 17:43)gmc99 Wrote: I have just bought V2 and are very impressed so far.

The smart playlists are being presented to the app as a folder structure with files. I need to have a look if data, like it’s a series, is being returned. If this is true, I can display more info or forward to the series screen.
Now it just returns a kodi database number and when being played Kodi finds out what to do with it. 
Thank you; that sounds ideal.
Hi Richard. I've been using Kyra 2 for a couple of months now. I think it's perfect and the best so far in the Appstore. The only issue I have is the fact that when playing the movies on my device, then there's a lack of functionality to find and read external subtitles which I actually have available in my library collection stored in my hard drives. Your app could read and play internally embedded subtitles available in the media files with no problem, but could not detect available external subtitles. For non-English speakers like me, the functionality to read and play external subtitles is very important. If you play the movies to the TV rather than on the device, then all subtitles, both internal and external, can be detected and selected.

Previously you explained that this functionality was not supported by the kodi library program, but I just found out that if you use the Android version of Kodi 17 on your Android tablet and have it network connected to your Kodi 17 on an Android box media player via UpNp (you need to select "read external subtitles" on the media player), then you can actually watch the movies on your Android tablet with the ability to read and play external subtitles with no problem at all. Too bad there's no official Kodi 17 app on Apple Appstore, hence I have to rely on Kyra 2 to have the same functionality.

Could you please have another look at the possibility of adding this functionality to Kyra 2? I really love your app and it would be 100% perfect if you add this functionality for us who really need to use external subtitles while streaming the files to our device. Thanks a lot, Richard.
(2017-12-27, 00:58)budiaguswidjaja Wrote: Hi Richard. I've been using Kyra 2 for a couple of months now. I think it's perfect and the best so far in the Appstore. The only issue I have is the fact that when playing the movies on my device, then there's a lack of functionality to find and read external subtitles which I actually have available in my library collection stored in my hard drives. Your app could read and play internally embedded subtitles available in the media files with no problem, but could not detect available external subtitles. For non-English speakers like me, the functionality to read and play external subtitles is very important. If you play the movies to the TV rather than on the device, then all subtitles, both internal and external, can be detected and selected.

Previously you explained that this functionality was not supported by the kodi library program, but I just found out that if you use the Android version of Kodi 17 on your Android tablet and have it network connected to your Kodi 17 on an Android box media player via UpNp (you need to select "read external subtitles" on the media player), then you can actually watch the movies on your Android tablet with the ability to read and play external subtitles with no problem at all. Too bad there's no official Kodi 17 app on Apple Appstore, hence I have to rely on Kyra 2 to have the same functionality.

Could you please have another look at the possibility of adding this functionality to Kyra 2? I really love your app and it would be 100% perfect if you add this functionality for us who really need to use external subtitles while streaming the files to our device. Thanks a lot, Richard.

The library I am using to play the media files is not supporting external subtitles.

And there's an official app for Kodi.
There was an issue with iOS 11 and streaming media from Kodi. I have just submitted version 1.0.7 to Apple which should fix this.
Again a fast review....version 1.0.7 is now available!
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi 26