This file is no longer available
Help, please!

I get this message whenever I try to play files from library. The files are on an external HDD (the internal one works perfectly). This is a Himedia set top box.

The debug link is:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26173030/
I see different device names, /storage/sdc1/ and /storage/sdd1/.
Are you also using a usb drive or something, making the external HDD shift device names?
(2017-12-13, 01:27)Klojum Wrote: I see different device names, /storage/sdc1/ and /storage/sdd1/.
Are you also using a usb drive or something, making the external HDD shift device names?
 There is an internal HDD in the set top box which is called by it "USB drive" and its device name seems to be sdd2 or something. The error occured without any change in the configuration. Is there any way to relink the library items to the new path?
Yes there is. But is does require a certain amount of SQL query knowlodge. I'm not sure if you are up to that.
The wiki pages on that subject are also quite outdated, which doesn't help.
(2017-12-13, 12:00)Klojum Wrote: Yes there is. But is does require a certain amount of SQL query knowlodge. I'm not sure if you are up to that.
The wiki pages on that subject are also quite outdated, which doesn't help.
 As a matter of fact I don't know anything about SQL but I need to do something. This error is too annoying to live with it. I don't want to rescan my whole collection all the time. So please give me some advice how to solve this problem (and let me know if you have any idea about what's behind it i.e. why my HDD changed its designation). Many thanks for your time and patience.
The only other things I can think of is:
- Is the HDD connected all the time to the settop box?
- Do the device names change back and forth anyway when turning off/on the box?
- Does it get the same device name every time when you plug in the external HDD after first booting the Kodi box?

I'm just trying to find the situation where the HDD gets the same device name every time.
(2017-12-14, 07:49)Klojum Wrote: The only other things I can think of is:
- Is the HDD connected all the time to the settop box?
- Do the device names change back and forth anyway when turning off/on the box?
- Does it get the same device name every time when you plug in the external HDD after first booting the Kodi box?

I'm just trying to find the situation where the HDD gets the same device name every time.
The HDD is connected all the time but the settop box is shut down evey night because of the internal drive so a new fresh Android starts every new day.
I don't know
As far as I remember, when the problem occured the external drive was plugged before the booting.

I don't know anything about the HDD naming conventions of Android but I'd think it assign the same name to the same drive every time.
Is that SQL trick really too complex? I'd give it a try if this problem persist.
(2017-12-14, 09:23)peti01 Wrote: so a new fresh Android starts every new day
Usually Android boxes are not power-hungry devices, so one solution would be to not turn it off every night.

(2017-12-14, 09:23)peti01 Wrote: Is that SQL trick really too complex?
Like I said already, the wiki page on that subject is pretty outdated. So I would prefer to update it to the current database schemas first. That will require at least a couple of days. Research, creating the new SQL queries, testing the results of those queries, writing/updating the wiki page.
(2017-12-14, 20:22)Klojum Wrote:
(2017-12-14, 09:23)peti01 Wrote: so a new fresh Android starts every new day
Usually Android boxes are not power-hungry devices, so one solution would be to not turn it off every night.
(2017-12-14, 09:23)peti01 Wrote: Is that SQL trick really too complex?
Like I said already, the wiki page on that subject is pretty outdated. So I would prefer to update it to the current database schemas first. That will require at least a couple of days. Research, creating the new SQL queries, testing the results of those queries, writing/updating the wiki page. 
 I'm not an expert so I don't know if the internal HDD (WD Green 2 TB) would spin down after a while (I don't want to keep it running). If it would then it really could be a solution.
Have good luck with your SQL work and please let me know when I could see the result. Many thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This file is no longer available0