v19 Bing: Photos of the Week

Available from my beta repo and the Official Kodi repository.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I am currently testing this screensaver, the pictures are beautiful but it seems the selection is quite small (or there is a bug which causes the same 6-8 ones from repeating)?

One visual issue is that the text fades out after a bit, but the transparent gradient it is placed on remains visible, this leaves a dark streak on the bottom of the screen. It would be nice if both the text and the gradient could fade away. Perhaps it would also be nice to create a setting whether the text should fade out or stay visible.

Thanks for you work!
-lite
(2017-12-18, 00:34)litemotiv Wrote: I am currently testing this screensaver, the pictures are beautiful but it seems the selection is quite small (or there is a bug which causes the same 6-8 ones from repeating)?

One visual issue is that the text fades out after a bit, but the transparent gradient it is placed on remains visible, this leaves a dark streak on the bottom of the screen. It would be nice if both the text and the gradient could fade away. Perhaps it would also be nice to create a setting whether the text should fade out or stay visible.

Thanks for you work!
-lite
The Bing API is limited to photos of the "week" it contains 7 photos and 1 new daily photo... If you are looking for more images you can try the Unsplash Screensaver.

I'll consider fading the gradient with the text, but no promises...  Big Grin
The screensaver has stopped working.  It only shows a blck screen now instead of pictures.  I've checked and I have the right screensaver selected.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it., but that doesn't fix it.  Help.
Sorry its not working for you, I just confirmed the screensaver still functions. In Order to help you further please submit a log.
Kodi log threw a warning.  Problem is the addon's skin file default.xml calls missing include contentpanelslide and then Kodi can't focus on panel 101.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Is it possible that with the kodi 19 master the screensaver doesn't work anymore ? I only get a black image with text.

I'll try again tomorrow with a freshly installed kodi and post a log.
(2019-08-21, 21:52)AcidZero Wrote: Is it possible that with the kodi 19 master the screensaver doesn't work anymore ? I only get a black image with text.

I'll try again tomorrow with a freshly installed kodi and post a log.

I'll work on a fix, thanks...
Updated for Matrix
(2021-02-22, 04:11)Lunatixz Wrote: Updated for Matrix
Thanks.  I had to rebuild my production Kodi (old old hardware wouildn't POST) and this is my preferred screensaver.  Actually I was going to PR my quick and dirty fix but now that's not needed of course.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Hi

Your screensaver is working great , I want to ask if is possible to get rid of the temperature readings is the lower right corner to get just the picture with no information at all, there is nothing under settings for that
(2021-03-07, 01:27)MAX404 Wrote:

Hi

Your screensaver is working great , I want to ask if is possible to get rid of the temperature readings is the lower right corner to get just the picture with no information at all, there is nothing under settings for that

"Display Time & Weather" in settings....
(2021-03-07, 01:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 01:27)MAX404 Wrote:

Hi

I tried that.... temperature still shows..
(2021-03-07, 03:35)MAX404 Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 01:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 01:27)MAX404 Wrote: Hi

Weird must be a bug I'll take a look, be sure to install my beta repository in the interim.
(2021-03-07, 04:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 03:35)MAX404 Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 01:48)Lunatixz Wrote: "Display Time & Weather" in settings....

Weird must be a bug I'll take a look, be sure to install my beta repository in the interim.

I have the add on from your beta repository , I re installed again just in case but still

Is not big deal , the problem is with my tv , i Have an OLED tv they have a weakness ( defect) the burn out bright , in the same position images.. i have burn out shadows from the subtitles and I want to avoid any still same position image.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bing: Photos of the Week2