• 10(current)
Req BD and UHD BD Menu support
(2017-12-19, 21:43)dcsmith Wrote: Mr_lou

I should be clear about using phoneme. First the bundled libbluray in the nightly needs to be compiled with j2me support. Second I believe that android apps can't launch outside of their own directory (I'm unsure of this) so I believe that phoneme would have to come with the nightly.

As I said packaging will be a pain
I see.

I got the understanding that libbluray could work together with phoneME. I thought an app could detect another app, like in those cases where the user select which app to use for a certain action.

But if it requires that amount of work, then there's no doubt it'll never happen, sadly.
(2017-12-11, 14:58)mr_lou Wrote:   It appears the new libbluray has a problem finding Java on my system. 

Same here. Just installed latest nightly as portable on USB Stick. Java 8 is installed on the machine.

Switching to 'Show Bluray Menu' in Settings/Player/Discs/Bluray Playback Mode gives me an error that no JRE was found. According to the log it searches for the registry key SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\
There is one in HKCU (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment), but there is nothing interesting in there, only a subkey Security Baseline with some Java version history entries... however, what's the problem here? Java is installed but Kodi can't find it.
Other java apps run just fine.
Any suggestions?

20:43:36.775 T:5448 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20171219-f7f887d). Platform: Windows NT x86 64-bit
20:43:36.775 T:5448 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x64 build
20:43:36.775 T:5448 NOTICE: Kodi compiled Dec 19 2017 by MSVC 190024215 for Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0 (0x0A000000)
20:43:36.775 T:5448 NOTICE: Running on Windows 10, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0.16299

21:02:41.983 T:5448 DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bluray.c:1387: libbluray version 1.0.2
21:02:41.983 T:5448 DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bluray.c:1412: BLURAY initialized!
21:02:41.983 T:5448 DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bdj.c:126: Error opening registry key SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\
21:02:41.984 T:5448 DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bdj.c:689: BD-J check: Failed to load JVM library
21:02:41.984 T:5448 DEBUG: DiscSettings - Could not load the java vm.
Make sure that you have installed the 64bit version. Additionally you can set the env variables JAVA_HOME or JDK_HOME. The relevant code is there: http://git.videolan.org/?p=libbluray.git...6f;hb=HEAD
the 64 bit version of what? Java?
And I should find what in the code? I am not a programmer sorry.
Yes since you are using the 64 bit version of Kodi you also need to make sure it's the 64 bit version of Java you have installed.
(2017-12-20, 14:40)jjd-uk Wrote: Yes since you are using the 64 bit version of Kodi you also need to make sure it's the 64 bit version of Java you have installed.
 OK, or the other way round, install the 32 bit version of Kodi if Java32 is installed.

I did that and now it works.
Thanks.
Any update on UHD MENU support and HDR?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
BDJ menus work great on linux x64. Anyone want to try on android? If someone had an up to date docker container for building leia on android I might be able to pitch in? I'd love to see this work, even if including phoneme may be necessary (Though I'm not sure). If it is I wonder if one of the android offshoots would want to do it. If it's not necessary (You may just have to include a path when configuring libbluray) it might even make sense in a mainline build.
(2018-02-09, 00:03)dcsmith Wrote: BDJ menus work great on linux x64. Anyone want to try on android? If someone had an up to date docker container for building leia on android I might be able to pitch in? I'd love to see this work, even if including phoneme may be necessary (Though I'm not sure). If it is I wonder if one of the android offshoots would want to do it. If it's not necessary (You may just have to include a path when configuring libbluray) it might even make sense in a mainline build.
 Any luck with this mate?
Nobody's responded. I see different behavior if I install a j2me environment on my shield so now I believe if we just compiled libbluray with j2me support on android it might just work, but I still don't have a valid build environment.
(2018-03-11, 01:28)dcsmith Wrote: Nobody's responded. I see different behavior if I install a j2me environment on my shield so now I believe if we just compiled libbluray with j2me support on android it might just work, but I still don't have a valid build environment.
 You mean build env to compile libbluray on Android?
maybe this proj & can't get response to devs: https://git.videolan.org/?p=libbluray.git ?
It's already in the libbluray project, it would just entail changing the compile time of the included libbluray in the android build of kodi. There is a j2me flag already in libbluray it would just mean just passing it as an argument.
(2018-03-11, 22:42)dcsmith Wrote: It's already in the libbluray project, it would just entail changing the compile time of the included libbluray in the android build of kodi. There is a j2me flag already in libbluray it would just mean just passing it as an argument.
ah, no response from the guys on the kodi android dev team. sad Sad
(2018-03-11, 22:42)dcsmith Wrote: It's already in the libbluray project, it would just entail changing the compile time of the included libbluray in the android build of kodi. There is a j2me flag already in libbluray it would just mean just passing it as an argument.
 If this is true, then it's really great news!!!
This small piece of info mustn't get lost!
There is no j2me VM in the bluray project, afaik. I can't even see how Videolan could do that, license-wise, unless they developed their own VM.
You are welcome to prove me wrong by pointing me to the VM in the source tree, though: http://git.videolan.org/?p=libbluray.git;a=tree
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BD and UHD BD Menu support3