• 28(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
I got it last week and I like it. One small niggle is that when I switch it to keyboard mode the air mouse becomes active. I actually don't really need it whilst using Kodi. Is there any way to disable it? I tried the fix for the MX3 at the start of the thread but it didn't work.

Is there a keymap to disable mouse control in Kodi?

:edit: lol System:Input devices!
(2017-02-10, 12:22)nparabz Wrote: Hi all,

I'm running Kodi on Linux (Deepin OS). I just bought this remote on Amazon, and everything works fine, except the Play / Pause, Fast Forward / Rewind, Zoom In and Zoom Out keys.

I read in the thread above that these keys are working fine for some users. Do I need to make keymap .xml files to the userdata directory to add the above functions? If yes, how do I do it without disturbing the existing working functionality of the remote?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know DeepinOS, but most probably your Window Manager is handling (stealing) those keys. Gnome3 for example doesn't hand over lots of key-presses like PlayPause, FastForward, Rewind, etc.
The solution to this is to unregister these keys from the WM. In Gnome3 these are in Settings->Keyboard->Shortcuts tab->Sound and Media category. There you can clear the assignment and from there on the current program will receive the key-press instead Gnome intercepting it.
I recently got hold of two MX3 remotes (it was _really cheap_ as both were ordered from eBay as T3 and received from China as MX3, so refundSmile)).
As I use it with Linux (Debian Jessie, Gnome3) I thought I will share my findings, maybe somebody will get some use of it.

First the functions:
The remotes are MX3 models (or MXIII as sometimes are referred to), so no audio feature.
They get recognized on the USB as a composit HID device with VendorID:2389 and ProductID:00A8 which is not matched with any known vendor and/or product.
The state of the mouse gets memorized until battery changing.
The remote has 3 state changing buttons: TV, MOUSE DISABLE, Fn (on the backside), all other keys are sending valid, recognizable keycodes.

Now the keycode/value layout map. The position of each entry is matched with the physical position of the corresponding button on the remote. This is the air mouse/D-pad side, the keyboard side is pretty straightforward.
Code:
Keycode layout for the MXIII RF Remote and Air Mouse:
Keycodes marked with asterisk (*) send their codes through the second input device (keyboard), while all other keycodes come through the mouse device.

KEY_POWER (10081)

KEY_PREVIOUSSONG(c00b6) KEY_NEXTSONG(c00b5)     KEY_REWIND(c00b4)       KEY_FASTFORWARD(c00b3)
*KEY_F3(7003c)          KEY_PLAYPAUSE(c00cd)    KEY_ZOOMIN(c022d)       KEY_ZOOMOUT(c022e)

*KEY_COMPOSE(70065)     KEY_HOMEPAGE (c0223)    BTN_RIGHT(90002)

KEY_UP (70052)
                  KEY_LEFT(70050)   KEY_ENTER(70028)  KEY_RIGHT(7004f)
                                    KEY_DOWN(70051)

KEY_VOLUMEUP(c00e9)                                                     *KEY_PAGEUP(7004b)
KEY_VOLUMEDOWN(c00ea)   KEY_MUTE(c00e2)         MOUSE_ON_OFF(N/A)       *KEY_PAGEDOWN(7004e)

*KEY_1(7001e)           *KEY_2(7001f)           *KEY_3(70020)           KEY_CONFIG(c0183)
*KEY_4(70021)           *KEY_5(70022)           *KEY_6(70023)           KEY_MAIL(c018a)
*KEY_7(70024)           *KEY_8(70025)           *KEY_9(70026)          *KEY_F2(7003b)
TV_RF_IR_SWITCH(N/A)    *KEY_0(70027)           *KEY_BACKSPACE(7002a)   KEY_WWW(c008a)

*KEY_F4(7003d)          *KEY_F5(7003e)          *KEY_F6(7003f)         *KEY_F7(70040)

These values can be used to create a map using udev:
Code:
#Keymap file for the MXIII RF Remote and Air Mouse device
#This file goes as 60-keyboard.hwdb into the /etc/udev/hwdb.d/ directory

#after changing this file, these commands should be run:
#udevadm hwdb --update
#udevadm trigger
#udevadm control --reload

keyboard:usb:v2389p00A8*
KEYBOARD_KEY_10081=f24     #KEY_POWER - Power Button
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c00b6=x        #KEY_PREVIOUSSONG
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c00b5=x        #KEY_NEXTSONG
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c00b4=x        #KEY_REWIND
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c00b3=x        #KEY_FASTFORWARD
# KEYBOARD_KEY_7003c=x        #KEY_F3*
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c00cd=x        #KEY_PLAYPAUSE
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c022d=x        #KEY_ZOOMIN
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c022e=x        #KEY_ZOOMOUT
# KEYBOARD_KEY_70065=x        #KEY_COMPOSE*
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c0223=x        #KEY_HOMEPAGE
KEYBOARD_KEY_90002=esc     #BTN_RIGHT - Back Button (to the right of Home)
Important: the forum engine eats the first (and single) space character in front of KEYBOARD_KEY_xxxx but it is a must.

The above code changes the Back button to send an Escape code, and the Power button to send an F24 code.
The first is (in my opinion) a much wiser choice for a Back button then the stock mouse right button.
The last is a hack for me to be able to make a custom script work, which will turn off the display on my machine (actually rather send the display to sleep) when I press Power.

Still thinking about the proper solution of the "missing Stop button" problem.

Btw: I ordered a T3-M remote, I'm looking forward to see the differences. We'll see in a few weeks.
Update: I received the T3-M and as I currently own both MX3 (2 of them :-) and a T3-M remote I must say the T3-M is way more thought out than the MX3. The T3 only sends keypresses through that device where they belong while the MX3 is more of a mumble-jumble, sending some keys using the mouse some keys using the keyboard device. And btw. on the T3-M they changed the key codes for the PrevSong/NextSong - Rew/FF keypairs to better match the symbol on the key.
I have the latest xbain on a raspberryPi and the "airmouse 4g motion sensing air mouse". It works good, but I want to use the "menu" button with my remote.
Is it possible? What I have to do?
Does anyone know if the microphone supports windows 10 voice recognition? I tried to set it up but voice recognition only stays on for a few seconds then shuts off
(2017-08-12, 10:31)Revilo42 Wrote: I have the latest xbain on a raspberryPi and the "airmouse 4g motion sensing air mouse". It works good, but I want to use the "menu" button with my remote.
Is it possible? What I have to do?

I have same issue.

from this thread back key works !!! but MENU key is still UNavailable.
i'm too stupid for coding stuffSad
if anyone has a keymaps for android (i used shield tv with kodi 17.4)
please share
i only need audio and subtitle toggles

i'm really appreciateAngel
(2017-06-25, 23:27)tylla Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 12:22)nparabz Wrote: Hi all,

I'm running Kodi on Linux (Deepin OS). I just bought this remote on Amazon, and everything works fine, except the Play / Pause, Fast Forward / Rewind, Zoom In and Zoom Out keys.

I read in the thread above that these keys are working fine for some users. Do I need to make keymap .xml files to the userdata directory to add the above functions? If yes, how do I do it without disturbing the existing working functionality of the remote?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know DeepinOS, but most probably your Window Manager is handling (stealing) those keys. Gnome3 for example doesn't hand over lots of key-presses like PlayPause, FastForward, Rewind, etc.
The solution to this is to unregister these keys from the WM. In Gnome3 these are in Settings->Keyboard->Shortcuts tab->Sound and Media category. There you can clear the assignment and from there on the current program will receive the key-press instead Gnome intercepting it. 
Hey man I just wanted to thank you.  8 hours banging my head and this fixed it.  MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!
Hello people! Smile

I just bought this remote controller that is a modified MX3-M with tons of learning IR buttons:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XDKV...ge_o00_s00

Today it just started acting weird.
Wherever I plug the dongle and try to use the remote controller, it just fails and no button works. Only the "Air Mouse" works in the screen, but with some stuttering. And the red light in the controller is blinking too fast when the dongle is connected and the air mouse starts to work (I can only move the mouse over the screen but can't press any key from the front face of the remote controller). When the dongle is out of any device, the red led blink slower.

I've already tried to keep pressing "TV" button alone for something, also "OK" with "HOME" button, but nothing works.
How can I "factory reset" or make this controller work again?

Oh! BTW: When the red led is blinking too fast and I turn down the controller to use the keyboard, the LED or turns off or keep the red light on forever, until I flip the controller again.
And the keyboard from behind works flawlessly.

I've already replaced the batteries and the problem is still there.

Can someone help me?
This may be off topic from the original post, but I'm having issues with this remote and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same and has found a fix. 

After an undetermined amount of time, the remote loses connectivity with the computer. You press any button on the remote, and the red light flashes in the same fashion as if the remote is out of range. The only thing that reconnects it is unplugging and then plugging back in the USB dongle. The amount of time that goes by could be anywhere from an hour to overnight. Usage doesn't seem to have any bearing. 

I've checked power settings making sure that Windows (10 Pro) isn't powering down my USB devices, the computer is not set to sleep, and the Logitech keyboard/mouse combo works just fine with no drops. I've tried the onboard USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports as well and the behavior is the same. 

I ordered other similar remotes that all look identical with slightly different packaging and manufacturer names and they all exhibit the same behavior.
(2017-11-27, 16:51)Rob K Wrote: This may be off topic from the original post, but I'm having issues with this remote and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same and has found a fix. 

After an undetermined amount of time, the remote loses connectivity with the computer. You press any button on the remote, and the red light flashes in the same fashion as if the remote is out of range. The only thing that reconnects it is unplugging and then plugging back in the USB dongle. The amount of time that goes by could be anywhere from an hour to overnight. Usage doesn't seem to have any bearing. 

I've checked power settings making sure that Windows (10 Pro) isn't powering down my USB devices, the computer is not set to sleep, and the Logitech keyboard/mouse combo works just fine with no drops. I've tried the onboard USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports as well and the behavior is the same. 

I ordered other similar remotes that all look identical with slightly different packaging and manufacturer names and they all exhibit the same behavior
@Rob K, having this exact same problem.... multiple remotes, on multiple Kodi endpoints, different OS etc.... have detailed it over on this thread;

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325364

you find a solution?

Also haven't got these devices to wake the Kodi devices from sleep do you know if that is possible?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325365
(2017-12-19, 15:40)rjay Wrote:
(2017-11-27, 16:51)Rob K Wrote: This may be off topic from the original post, but I'm having issues with this remote and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same and has found a fix. 

I ordered other similar remotes that all look identical with slightly different packaging and manufacturer names and they all exhibit the same behavior
@Rob K, having this exact same problem.... multiple remotes, on multiple Kodi endpoints, different OS etc.... have detailed it over on this thread;

you find a solution?

Also haven't got these devices to wake the Kodi devices from sleep do you know if that is possible?

I can't speak to the waking from sleep, but NONE of that remote style work consistently. However, I did get the Rii K25 which was about $12 more expensive, and that remote works flawlessly. No drops with the added bonus of the mouse cursor being steadier.
(2017-12-20, 16:56)Rob K Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 15:40)rjay Wrote:

you find a solution?

I can't speak to the waking from sleep, but NONE of that remote style work consistently. However, I did get the Rii K25 which was about $12 more expensive, and that remote works flawlessly. No drops with the added bonus of the mouse cursor being steadier. 
 ahhhh k! that remote mentioned was the the one of was choosing between when I got the MX3, I rated the more modern styling and rechargeable but I thought the lack of backlit would be killer for a AV remote? seems a crazy thing to leave out of a design
Does thew Rii remote you have now wake your device from sleep?

thanks
(2017-12-20, 17:04)rjay Wrote: Does thew Rii remote you have now wake your device from sleep?

thanks
 Not sure - I changed the power button from powering off to just shutting off the display. My build is an "always on" machine.  

I can check it though and will post back.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7