netflix addon: 4k content on PC
I want to do this:
1. Subscribe to netflix
2. Stream 4K movies to my Kodi PC
3. Watch 4K movies in netflix addon for Kodi

First question: Is this even possible? As I understand it if you want to play 4K DRMed content all of your hardware and software must be HDCP 2.2 compliant.

Second question: If it is possible, what hardware do I need to make this work? It looks like I'm all set on the TV(specs below). But everything else is not compliant. So I was thinking of upgrading my video card to a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti(4K capable, HDCP 2.2 compliant). But I think I still need to upgrade the motherboard/CPU as well. I think the features I need on the motherboard are: SGX, HDMI 2.0a, HDCP 2.2. Is that correct?

Third question: what software do I need to make this work? Does Kodi/netflix addon support watching DRMed 4K content? If so is Kodi 17.6 good enough or do I need to upgrade to the beta 18.x?

Setup:
TV: Sony Bravia x83C, HDCP 2.2 compliant
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (intel core 2, P35 chipset)
Videocard: Geforce GTX 460
Kodi: 16.1
Latest requirements for 4K Netflix on a PC:

- GPU: Intel (U)HD 620 and up / Nvidia GTX1050 and up / AMD not supported
- HDCP 2.2 on HDMI 2+
- Microsoft Edge web browser supports 4K only (not the other browsers or Kodi)

Kodi has no official support for Netflix at this time.

Alternatively, get a Nvidia Shield TV for 4K Netflix (incl. HDR support)
(2017-12-22, 04:04)Mickey Mouse Wrote: I want to do this:
1. Subscribe to netflix
2. Stream 4K movies to my Kodi PC
3. Watch 4K movies in netflix addon for Kodi

First question: Is this even possible? As I understand it if you want to play 4K DRMed content all of your hardware and software must be HDCP 2.2 compliant.

Second question: If it is possible, what hardware do I need to make this work? It looks like I'm all set on the TV(specs below). But everything else is not compliant. So I was thinking of upgrading my video card to a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti(4K capable, HDCP 2.2 compliant). But I think I still need to upgrade the motherboard/CPU as well. I think the features I need on the motherboard are: SGX, HDMI 2.0a, HDCP 2.2. Is that correct?

Third question: what software do I need to make this work? Does Kodi/netflix addon support watching DRMed 4K content? If so is Kodi 17.6 good enough or do I need to upgrade to the beta 18.x?

Setup:
TV: Sony Bravia x83C, HDCP 2.2 compliant
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (intel core 2, P35 chipset)
Videocard: Geforce GTX 460
Kodi: 16.1
 Check out KodiNerds Netflix addon... Only works with Kodi 18 though... No idea about the 4k stuff because I don't own a 4k TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
netflix addon: 4k content on PC0