Broken Smartthings Monitor

Available from the Official Kodi repository.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Clicking on your link returns a 404 - Error not found
Link works now
Hello,

Thank you so much for your time in making this add-on.  I apologize for what appears to be a really stupid question, but I'm stuck at this point and don't know where else to turn.  I received a SmartThings hub this morning for Christmas.  I have it all up and running and would like to set it up with Kodi.  I saw this add-on and assumed I could just log in using the same email address and password I've been logging in with all day for ST.  It keeps giving me an error telling me to check my credentials.  I've tried them a million times.  Any thoughts?  I feel like a moron asking this question lol.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!  And being that today is Christmas, please do not respond today.  Spend time with your family.  Smile

Regards,
Kurt
(2017-12-26, 04:24)realdiehl724 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you so much for your time in making this add-on.  I apologize for what appears to be a really stupid question, but I'm stuck at this point and don't know where else to turn.  I received a SmartThings hub this morning for Christmas.  I have it all up and running and would like to set it up with Kodi.  I saw this add-on and assumed I could just log in using the same email address and password I've been logging in with all day for ST.  It keeps giving me an error telling me to check my credentials.  I've tried them a million times.  Any thoughts?  I feel like a moron asking this question lol.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!  And being that today is Christmas, please do not respond today.  Spend time with your family.  Smile

Regards,
Kurt
 It's the same email and password you'd use to login to your smartthings account. https://account.smartthings.com/

If you are 100% sure the information was entered correctly (cap sensitive). Try rebooting Kodi allowing the Smartthings Monitor service to restart. There is a chance the user credentials are not being read.
(2017-12-26, 22:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-12-26, 04:24)realdiehl724 Wrote: Hello,

Regards,
Kurt
 It's the same email and password you'd use to login to your smartthings account. https://account.smartthings.com/

If you are 100% sure the information was entered correctly (cap sensitive). Try rebooting Kodi allowing the Smartthings Monitor service to restart. There is a chance the user credentials are not being read. 
Hi Lunatixz,

Thank you so much for your response!  I clicked on your link, logged into the website with the same credentials that I am using in Kodi and it gave no issues.  I even just installed Kodi on a windows box (I'm using OpenElec on the others) to see if it gave me the same error and it still says I cannot log in through the Kodi Add-on.  I do see a spot where I can turn on debugging.  Would it be helpful to post a log?  If so, where is the log stored?

Thank you again for your help!

Regards,
Kurt
So I have this installed. I added a device to monitor "ring doorbell". However when the door is pressed I do not get a notification in kodi. Isn't the add-on suppose to do a pop up notification for motion or button press? This would be helpful as I would know when someone is at the door.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2017-12-31, 03:12)rflores2323 Wrote: So I have this installed. I added a device to monitor "ring doorbell". However when the door is pressed I do not get a notification in kodi. Isn't the add-on suppose to do a pop up notification for motion or button press? This would be helpful as I would know when someone is at the door.
 I'd need to see logs, please enable debugging in both Kodi and the smartthings plugins and provide a log.

-or-

If you can send me a screenshot of both your smartthings plugin event history after your doorbell rings and a screenshot of the device information from smartthings plugin.

Once you add a device to monitor you should receive events as they happen....
Hi Lunatixz,

I think I may have stumbled across the issue.  When I signed up for the my ST account, it now has me log in to my Samsung Account.  I read somewhere that that might be different than a smart things account.  Would this possibly be the reason I can't login through the add-on?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Regards,
Kurt
Should work regardless of either you're using a smartthings account or samsung account.

I really need to see your logs in order to debug further.
Hi great idea making a Kodi Addon for Smartthings. But I also struggleing loging in with my credentials. Definitly know my credentials for Samsung and also Smartthings account, but still saying that there is an error and I should check my credentials. Any other ideas? Could it be that there is an issue between US and EU (GB)?

Thx
(2018-02-19, 17:07)HWurst2015 Wrote: Hi great idea making a Kodi Addon for Smartthings. But I also struggleing loging in with my credentials. Definitly know my credentials for Samsung and also Smartthings account, but still saying that there is an error and I should check my credentials. Any other ideas? Could it be that there is an issue between US and EU (GB)?

Thx

It's possible, I'll review the code make sure login is working. As for GB could you visit your API website and send me the url. Thx.
I just found this plugin and wanted to check it out.  I also can't get logged in properly.  I was part of the beta migration from smartthings to a samsung account.

Quick look in between meetings I see this in the log:

13:05:05.973 T:5128   ERROR: service.smartthings-1.0.3-getHubs, Failed 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findAll' ,Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\JJC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.smartthings/service.py", line 171, in getHubs
                                                location_rows = BeautifulSoup(res.text, "html.parser").find('tbody').findAll('tr')
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findAll'
https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/hub do you mean this one from Smartthings?
I found the issue and will be pushing a fix to Kodi's repository within the week.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smartthings Monitor0