• 10(current)
Xbox One Discussion
(2017-12-30, 01:35)zeroq Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 19:00)Kova Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 16:40)RogerS Wrote: Unfortunately this fails. The XBox One X even shuts down. Sad
 Same here.
I tried to play this demo file: http://4kmedia.org/the-world-in-hdr-uhd-4k-demo/
The console crashed and shouted down.
The application is very very very unstable and, honestly, I'm very surprised that Microsoft agreed to put Kodi in their "app-store". 

My Xbox one x is not crashing playing 4k 10bit hevc hdr only colore is faded that's becose it's alpha. 
How did you even get the file on there (Im a noob at kodi)
Frankly, forcing people from SMB to NFS would be a great move, especially since the changes forced on us, and the rest of the world since wannacry.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-12-30, 00:15)jjd-uk Wrote: all platforms capable of providing shares should be able to do both smb and nfs so shouldn’t be a major issue short term.
I would say that Windows solutions to make NFS share are very poor (and any native).
But maybe everyone use NAS.

Today I tested bunch of 1080p releases and everything is working very smooth. I didn't notice any crashes. I was surprised that DTS could be transcoded to DD, I thought it will be problem but not.
(2017-12-29, 12:35)Martijn Wrote: Of course we want to know the issues and crashes (these will actually get through the Windows Store including crashlogs) however we are fully aware of certain missing parts and do not need to be reminded of that again and again.

How can we post the logs on this platform ? It's quite closed, there is a File Explorer app showing what seems to be a user home folder on Windows, there's the Documents folder but it stays empty regardless of Kodi settings.
There are bugs that may not crash Kodi and you didn't mention if you get them reported through the Windows Store, perhaps logs will help.
I dont know how to put files on kodi xb1 can someone help meHuh?
I believe people will use NAS systems for this, if you have one look for shares, try creating nfs share there.

I'm running a CentOS 7 box so I installed NFS server:  https://www.howtoforge.com/nfs-server-an...n-centos-7 .
Should work on any Unix and Unix-like systems, the NAS type falls within this idea of running NFS server.

For testing purposes I believe an external HDD or even a larger capacity USB stick (32/64GB) should do.
(2017-12-30, 03:15)rmaucigasha Wrote: For testing purposes I believe an external HDD or even a larger capacity USB stick (32/64GB) should do.

No access to external drives is quite explicit in the announcement.
Quote:No access to the Blu-ray drive to start the disc or even an attached storage drive.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Anyone know if it's possible to connect to a mysql db?  I tried editing advancedsettings and pointing to it but haven't had any luck.
(2017-12-30, 00:15)jjd-uk Wrote: We have a possible solution in mind for restoring smb but it’s far from being straightforward due to UWP limitions so we can’t promise any timescale, all platforms capable of providing shares should be able to do both smb and nfs so shouldn’t be a major issue short term. As for Advancedsettings.xml you should be able to access Userdata location via the built in Kodi file manager, so you could copy an Advancedsettings.xml from a nfs share.

(2017-12-30, 04:52)zpanderson Wrote: Anyone know if it's possible to connect to a mysql db?  I tried editing advancedsettings and pointing to it but haven't had any luck.

According to the above, copy the file from another machine from the built in file manager in Kodi.  Havent tried it yet personally.
Can anyone help how to share a folder via NFS in Windows 10 Pro?  I have enabled NFS server in features (built in Windows 10 Pro) but cant figure out how to share certain folders.
To those wishing to access a network share, ftp is working perfectly.

I never could get nfs to work on windows with my openelec box so I used Filezilla ftp server on my windows.

The Xbox version adds the shares no problem.
(2017-12-30, 01:35)zeroq Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 19:00)Kova Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 16:40)RogerS Wrote: OUnfortunately this fails. The XBox One X even shuts down. Sad
 Same here.
I tried to play this demo file: http://4kmedia.org/the-world-in-hdr-uhd-4k-demo/
The console crashed and shouted down.
The application is very very very unstable and, honestly, I'm very surprised that Microsoft agreed to put Kodi in their "app-store". 

My Xbox one x is not crashing playing 4k 10bit hevc hdr only colore is faded that's becose it's alpha. 
 Can you tell us which file you tried ? Every 4k hdr files I tried crashed the console with a hard reboot. 4k sdr plays but in slow motion with buffering every 3 seconds.

In the other hand, 1080p are perfectly working with h264 or h265, which is already more than enough. 4k will be cherry on the cake and we can wait for it as long as needed, it's already a miracle to see kodi on an Xbox Smile
Having a really hard time to decide between a one s and the nvidia shield now. Confused
(2017-12-29, 15:35)Sukre Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 13:16)cable_guy Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 12:47)wapvi Wrote: does the alpha build play UHD HDR files?that's the main use evennthough i have other boxes i'd love to have my Xbox One X as the main media player, also need SMB but i guess this should come soon
 in my experience it plays a UHD file (unsure if it's HDR) but doesn't output in 4K, which i'm pretty sure the dev team are aware of.

This is the most exciting thing to happen to Kodi in 5+ years for me 

Are u using the X? My 1080p files 20gb-30gb play fine, but everythin 4k, the 4k planet earth II episodes, 4K HDR 50-80 gb movies shuter every 3 seconds, im playing them via NFS and 100mb ethernet which ik can be a botleneck, but whit this exact setup atleats the planet earth episodes play perfectly fine on my sony android tv ( crappy mediatek procesor, 100 ethernet and from smb). Should this be a problem of raw power of standard xbox one? 
 no i'm using the One S.  Are you able to choose 2160p instead of 1080p from System settings?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
(2017-12-30, 10:43)cable_guy Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 15:35)Sukre Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 13:16)cable_guy Wrote:  in my experience it plays a UHD file (unsure if it's HDR) but doesn't output in 4K, which i'm pretty sure the dev team are aware of.

This is the most exciting thing to happen to Kodi in 5+ years for me 

Are u using the X? My 1080p files 20gb-30gb play fine, but everythin 4k, the 4k planet earth II episodes, 4K HDR 50-80 gb movies shuter every 3 seconds, im playing them via NFS and 100mb ethernet which ik can be a botleneck, but whit this exact setup atleats the planet earth episodes play perfectly fine on my sony android tv ( crappy mediatek procesor, 100 ethernet and from smb). Should this be a problem of raw power of standard xbox one? 
 no i'm using the One S.  Are you able to choose 2160p instead of 1080p from System settings?

Nope 1080p is the max now but when playing the 4k file, the file is like playing it at 4k but downscaled and whit no hdr. Is strange that some1 confirm here that he play 4k hdr files without problems and all of us are having this problems
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6