• 29(current)
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
v4.1
- Fixed bug in testing that it tested bulb 3 instead of 4
Strip is working fine in android box. I just have 1 strip attached. Ambi service also works fine as well.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
(2017-12-23, 12:08)DaLanik Wrote: v4.1
you are too quick for me. Big Grin Now I don't now if I conduct last tests with this new version but I was unable to reproduce this 'white strip' problem,even after restoring config file witch was used when problem was here and reactivating the strip for ambi. I remember that I restarted my phone yesterday before last tests, and now the box before testing on tv. maybe a restart was needed...
anyway, everything is working fine now. a big thanks for this powerful add-on.
by the way, your add-on works even if bulbs are forbidden to see internet ( firewalled from my router). since Mirai, it's a good tip to forbid access to internet for devices witch don't need it, like this bulbs.
(2017-12-23, 17:01)sksbir Wrote:
(2017-12-23, 12:08)DaLanik Wrote: v4.1
you are too quick for me. Big Grin Now I don't now if I conduct last tests with this new version but I was unable to reproduce this 'white strip' problem,even after restoring config file witch was used when problem was here and reactivating the strip for ambi. I remember that I restarted my phone yesterday before last tests, and now the box before testing on tv. maybe a restart was needed...
anyway, everything is working fine now. a big thanks for this powerful add-on.
by the way, your add-on works even if bulbs are forbidden to see internet ( firewalled from my router). since Mirai, it's a good tip to forbid access to internet for devices witch don't need it, like this bulbs. 
Great, glad you got it sorted. And yes, it uses the developer mode (LAN control) so internet is not needed. I also use tasker+send/expect combo on my phone and tablet to control the lights locally w/o Yeelight app.
v4.2
- Fixed bug in settings, small changes in settings
Wink 
(2017-12-23, 23:31)DaLanik Wrote: ......
Great, glad you got it sorted. And yes, it uses the developer mode (LAN control) so internet is not needed. I also use tasker+send/expect combo on my phone and tablet to control the lights locally w/o Yeelight app. 
I have found your video. This is a great idea, so I walked in your footsteps and wrote my own app: https://youtu.be/xt-HvyyREeQ
(2017-12-28, 13:36)sksbir Wrote:
(2017-12-23, 23:31)DaLanik Wrote: ......
I have found your video. This is a great idea, so I walked in your footsteps and wrote my own app: https://youtu.be/xt-HvyyREeQ 
 Nice!
Hi DaLanik, I've been using your add-on for the past few days since I got my Yeelights. I noticed a considerable lag between the colours on the screen and the Yeelights when the ambilight option is on. Also, while one of the lamps responds with the correct colors, the other doesn't. Is this caused by a hardware limitation, or is it a software issue? It might have something to do with the screen capture. Hyperion uses a frame grabber resolution of 64x64 pixels for a Raspberry Pi 3 based ambilight system. Maybe the frame capture resolution is set too high on your addon. 

I am trying to combine my RasPi ambilight with my HTPC and the Yeelights, but it's been a hard road so far. I hope I can help and that you can help me too. You did that already by developing this amazing addon! Wink
(2017-12-28, 23:40)primitivereason Wrote: Hi DaLanik, I've been using your add-on for the past few days since I got my Yeelights. I noticed a considerable lag between the colours on the screen and the Yeelights when the ambilight option is on. Also, while one of the lamps responds with the correct colors, the other doesn't. Is this caused by a hardware limitation, or is it a software issue? It might have something to do with the screen capture. Hyperion uses a frame grabber resolution of 64x64 pixels for a Raspberry Pi 3 based ambilight system. Maybe the frame capture resolution is set too high on your addon. 

I am trying to combine my RasPi ambilight with my HTPC and the Yeelights, but it's been a hard road so far. I hope I can help and that you can help me too. You did that already by developing this amazing addon! Wink
 I don't know, I only know my setup which is pretty average and from both Android box and PC I don't have delay. It is probably caused by network.

Can you put both lamps to the same setup? I.e. whole screen for both lamps? There is an option to help you see what is grabbed. It is under testing->debug render capture. This will create small jpg files in the temp folder of EXACTLY what is grabbed from screen. BE carefull though, this only creates files and can fill up your disk/storage pretty quickly Smile So after test don't forget to delete the files. There should be separate file for EACH bulb, named as IP adress of the bulb.

You can specify resoulution for capture. It is not too high, on my cheap 25$ Android tv box it works just fine with highest setting. But you can lower it in settings.
(2017-12-29, 00:37)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-12-28, 23:40)primitivereason Wrote: Hi DaLanik, I've been using your add-on for the past few days since I got my Yeelights. I noticed a considerable lag between the colours on the screen and the Yeelights when the ambilight option is on. Also, while one of the lamps responds with the correct colors, the other doesn't. Is this caused by a hardware limitation, or is it a software issue? It might have something to do with the screen capture. Hyperion uses a frame grabber resolution of 64x64 pixels for a Raspberry Pi 3 based ambilight system. Maybe the frame capture resolution is set too high on your addon. 

I don't know, I only know my setup which is pretty average and from both Android box and PC I don't have delay. It is probably caused by network.

Can you put both lamps to the same setup? I.e. whole screen for both lamps? There is an option to help you see what is grabbed. It is under testing->debug render capture. This will create small jpg files in the temp folder of EXACTLY what is grabbed from screen. BE carefull though, this only creates files and can fill up your disk/storage pretty quickly Smile So after test don't forget to delete the files. There should be separate file for EACH bulb, named as IP adress of the bulb.

You can specify resoulution for capture. It is not too high, on my cheap 25$ Android tv box it works just fine with highest setting. But you can lower it in settings.  
Both lamps are connected with the same setup, with ambi precision set to "ultra high" for the screen capture (before it was at "regular" which is the lower setting and was still giving off a lag and a color error). 

After seeing the images captured, I noticed that my first lamp (192.168.1.31) is capturing a negative image of the video, and the second one is right (.32). 

See it here:
https://imgur.com/a/iAwqS

https://imgur.com/a/6V3v1
I have just turned off the debug render capture option and my Yeelights are now both with the right color.  Huh  There is still a bit of a lag in comparison with my Hyperion+Raspberry Pi based ambilight system. I use the Pi to control a LED strip around the TV through Hyperion. Image is captured through a program running in windows (independent from Kodi). 

Also, would it be possible to turn the YeeMee ambilight always on, to always capture the screen instead of having it only work when videos are playing?
(2017-12-30, 14:30)primitivereason Wrote: I have just turned off the debug render capture option and my Yeelights are now both with the right color.  Huh  There is still a bit of a lag in comparison with my Hyperion+Raspberry Pi based ambilight system. I use the Pi to control a LED strip around the TV through Hyperion. Image is captured through a program running in windows (independent from Kodi). 

Also, would it be possible to turn the YeeMee ambilight always on, to always capture the screen instead of having it only work when videos are playing?
 That is strange. The capture is Kodi function, not much I can do about it Smile

I don't understand what you want - to capture even Kodi interface? That is not possible, because render capture works only when video is played.... At least I thijnk so. But maybe someone from Kodi Team can correct me?
hi Lanik,
I'm back with my problems, and got again a solution.
Trying to install 1 bulb + one stripe on a new site, controled from same android tv box I brought to new site, and with my phone for test purposes.
Getting again a 'white stripe' instead of ambi control.
here is what I noticed :
1/ old firmware. bulb was already up to date, but stripe was 1.1 instead of 1.4. - - - > upgrade stripe firmware with yeelight Android app.
2/ I noticed a problem with device discovery : discovery works, but typing yes, then typing ok and revert back to config: config reverts back to former config. eg: no bulbs before, getting no bulbs again.
In fact, new config is stored, but not visible. either config storing is delayed or need kodi to be restarted.
config=0 bulbs - - > discover - - > 2 devices discovered - -> type yes and ok, then back to config - - > 0 bulbs - - > cancel, quit kodi, reboot android, go back to config - - > my 2 bulbs are here.
so I decided to act this manner each time I had to change yeemee setup. perhaps this happens because of router which is used . At home, I have a R8000, but here only a little 2.5ghz router.
3/brightness bias showed twice at end of list. I suppose this is due to more bulbs formerly defined, ambilight activated on this bulbs, then reducing bulb number...
(2017-12-30, 18:50)sksbir Wrote: hi Lanik,
I'm back with my problems, and got again a solution.
Trying to install 1 bulb + one stripe on a new site, controled from same android tv box I brought to new site, and with my phone for test purposes.
Getting again a 'white stripe' instead of ambi control.
here is what I noticed :
1/ old firmware. bulb was already up to date, but stripe was 1.1 instead of 1.4. - - - > upgrade stripe firmware with yeelight Android app.
2/ I noticed a problem with device discovery : discovery works, but typing yes, then typing ok and revert back to config: config reverts back to former config. eg: no bulbs before, getting no bulbs again.
In fact, new config is stored, but not visible. either config storing is delayed or need kodi to be restarted.
config=0 bulbs - - > discover - - > 2 devices discovered - -> type yes and ok, then back to config - - > 0 bulbs - - > cancel, quit kodi, reboot android, go back to config - - > my 2 bulbs are here.
so I decided to act this manner each time I had to change yeemee setup. perhaps this happens because of router which is used . At home, I have a R8000, but here only a little 2.5ghz router.
3/brightness bias showed twice at end of list. I suppose this is due to more bulbs formerly defined, ambilight activated on this bulbs, then reducing bulb number...
 Strange, here you can see it works fine, just tested:

Maybe I can try to DELETE all options before new "discovery"?
Lanik, about problem with bulb discovering, it happens when I
1/ discover
2/ tap yes to overwrite config
3/ discovered bulbs are shown.. BUT.. tapping 'ok' without delay, and after that, going back immediately to config page.. bulbs have vanished... BUT.. taping cancel, kit kodi, reboot, go back to config... bulbs are here again...
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2