Xbox one x - backup app not open
Hi,
I managed to create ftp and access to it with Kodi on Xbox one x machine.
I needed it to get access to my backup zip file and restore it.
No matter what I do, when I open backup add-on error is shown, even if there is no path to restore selected...
Backup add-on is basic add-on, can you please fix it?
How the heck do you expect any response without a debug log?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Dear friend,
First, this is my first post here, so I didn't know, so be nice.

Second,
This is not the kind of bug that you need a reproduce steps or log.
It is always happens... I mean always.
Just try to restore anything and you see.

I am myself from software field, not always you need a log, some bugs devs can see without any problem because it's 100 percent reproduce..

I am not home now so I can't give you logs, but honestly in this case you don't need it, just try to restore with the backup add-on.
No debug log (wiki) no issue.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Why are you acting like that? This is childish.

You can reproduce it in 3 seconds and I am at work now.

I am not attacking you, I am politely asking you to take 3 seconds and help.

Not nice at all.
I cannot reproduce the problem. YOU are having the problem.

If you cannot be bothered with a log, then I will close the thread.

So please help us diagnose this problem, or we are both wasting our time.
On.
How I am getting the log out of the Xbox, this is not a PC that I have access to all folders...
Please guide me.
Can you please guide me how give you logs on Xbox one x?
Do not bump your post before 24 hours are up.

I would try transferring the logs to a PC via ftp or nfs (and then put it on pastebin), or using the log uploader addon.
(2018-01-01, 08:05)yaniv.kahalany Wrote: Can you please guide me how give you logs on Xbox one x?
Using the built in file manager within kodi to transfer the log to a machine on your network
As I remember from last night, kodi's file manager don't have copy\move.
I didn't find it last night and I searched for this...

At least the xbox version don't have such option.
If there were such an option I would do the restore manually...
As I remember, on Xbox version, context menu on any file don't give such options.
Please advice,
Yaniv.
(2018-01-01, 08:36)nickr Wrote:  or using the log uploader addon.
(2018-01-01, 08:51)yaniv.kahalany Wrote: As I remember from last night, kodi's file manager don't have copy\move.
Yes it does. If you highlight the file you want to copy/move, then call up the Context Menu and you will have a number of different options... http://kodi.wiki/view/Home_screen_and_ba...ntext_Menu
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok.
I don't remember seeing this options on Xbox version but
I will check it later today and will send logs as requested.

Thanks a lot for you help.
I don't what the all the fuss was about with the user not being able to post his logs however here is the log from my Xbox One X.

Error is reciveced within 5 seconds of launching app.

You can still configure the Backup app however it will not run.

I am looking to preform a restore .

Log here:  https://paste.ubuntu.com/26447752/

Error here: 

19:36:35.318 T:1396 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named _subprocess
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "U:\Users\UserMgr2\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\addons\script.xbmcbackup\default.py", line 4, in <module>
from resources.lib.backup import XbmcBackup
File "U:\Users\UserMgr2\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\backup.py", line 7, in <module>
from vfs import XBMCFileSystem,DropboxFileSystem,ZipFileSystem,GoogleDriveFilesystem
File "U:\Users\UserMgr2\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\vfs.py", line 12, in <module>
from pydrive.drive import GoogleDrive
File "U:\Users\UserMgr2\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\pydrive\drive.py", line 2, in <module>
from .files import GoogleDriveFile
File "U:\Users\UserMgr2\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\pydrive\files.py", line 12, in <module>
from .auth import LoadAuth
File "U:\Users\UserMgr2\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\pydrive\auth.py", line 2, in <module>
import webbrowser
File "S:\Program Files\WindowsApps\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_17.9.106.70_x64__4n2hpmxwrvr6p\system\python\Lib\webbrowser.py", line 9, in <module>
import subprocess
File "S:\Program Files\WindowsApps\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_17.9.106.70_x64__4n2hpmxwrvr6p\system\python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 62, in <module>
import _subprocess
ImportError: No module named _subprocess
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any help is appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox one x - backup app not open0