• 29(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
(2017-12-20, 17:30)Rob K Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 17:04)rjay Wrote: Does thew Rii remote you have now wake your device from sleep?

thanks
 Not sure - I changed the power button from powering off to just shutting off the display. My build is an "always on" machine.  

I can check it though and will post back. 
Awesome mate would appreciate that, I dropped a mail to Rii see if there is a backlit version on the horizon. Do you find it an issue not having backlit as opposed to the MX3?

thanks
(2017-12-20, 17:32)rjay Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 17:30)Rob K Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 17:04)rjay Wrote: Does thew Rii remote you have now wake your device from sleep?

thanks
 Not sure - I changed the power button from powering off to just shutting off the display. My build is an "always on" machine.  

Awesome mate would appreciate that, I dropped a mail to Rii see if there is a backlit version on the horizon. Do you find it an issue not having backlit as opposed to the MX3?

thanks 
Good news - the power button on the remote operates as a Sleep button on the PC (Win10Pro). It can put the PC to sleep and also wake it up without issue. The first time I tried I accidentally had the mouse active which prevented it from sleeping. I didn't configure anything special to make this happen except checking the power settings to confirm the behavior (advanced power settings). I messed around with the "allow this device to wake" in the USB settings for the other remotes but I didn't have to for this one. For my build, I have it set to turn off the display.
Yes, I would like it more if the remote had the backlight but the pros outweigh the cons for me.  

Additionally, I remapped a few of the keys:
  • Long press on the menu button - shows information on the selected item
  • Long press on the magnifying glass button - opens favorites
  • Pressing the Home button - acts as "Back", or closes Chrome or PowerDVD
    • I use Chrome Launcher in Kiosk mode for Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, Xfinity, etc. - any web service that works better in Chrome
    • PowerDVD is for Blu-rays
  • Pressing the magnifying glass - acts as a Stop button. (For the life of me I don't understand why none of these remotes come with a stop button.)
(2017-12-21, 16:01)Rob K Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 17:32)rjay Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 17:30)Rob K Wrote:  Not sure - I changed the power button from powering off to just shutting off the display. My build is an "always on" machine.  

thanks  
Good news - the power button on the remote operates as a Sleep button on the PC (Win10Pro). It can put the PC to sleep and also wake it up without issue. The first time I tried I accidentally had the mouse active which prevented it from sleeping. I didn't configure anything special to make this happen except checking the power settings to confirm the behavior (advanced power settings). I messed around with the "allow this device to wake" in the USB settings for the other remotes but I didn't have to for this one. For my build, I have it set to turn off the display.
Yes, I would like it more if the remote had the backlight but the pros outweigh the cons for me.  

• I use Chrome Launcher in Kiosk mode for Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, Xfinity, etc. - any web service that works better in Chrome
  • Pressing the magnifying glass - acts as a Stop button. (For the life of me I don't understand why none of these remotes come with a stop button.)

Really appreciate the detailed information mate! Ok looks like I just have to live without the backlit as it sounds like the pro's outweigh the cons and this Remote hanging and not working without being unplugged is driving me mental. Good to hear there is some programmability to it also, do you use the IR element at all?

Totally agreed on the lack of a stop button baffles me!
If anybody wants to get context menu working, just edit /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/appcommand.xml file and add lines marked with +  

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
+    <keyboard>
+        <key id="61654">contextmenu</key>
+    </keyboard>
    <appcommand>
      <browser_back>Back</browser_back>
      <browser_forward/>
(2017-12-21, 16:10)rjay Wrote:
(2017-12-21, 16:01)Rob K Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 17:32)rjay Wrote: Awesome mate would appreciate that, I dropped a mail to Rii see if there is a backlit version on the horizon. Do you find it an issue not having backlit as opposed to the MX3?

thanks  

Really appreciate the detailed information mate! Ok looks like I just have to live without the backlit as it sounds like the pro's outweigh the cons and this Remote hanging and not working without being unplugged is driving me mental. Good to hear there is some programmability to it also, do you use the IR element at all?

I tried to use the IR function, but it didn't work for me. I have an older TV (~7 years old) which may be why.
(2017-12-29, 21:47)Rob K Wrote:
(2017-12-21, 16:10)rjay Wrote:
(2017-12-21, 16:01)Rob K Wrote: Good news - the power button on the remote operates as a Sleep button on the PC (Win10Pro). It can put the PC to sleep and also wake it up without issue. The first time I tried I accidentally had the mouse active which prevented it from sleeping. I didn't configure anything special to make this happen except checking the power settings to confirm the behavior (advanced power settings). I messed around with the "allow this device to wake" in the USB settings for the other remotes but I didn't have to for this one. For my build, I have it set to turn off the display.

I tried to use the IR function, but it didn't work for me. I have an older TV (~7 years old) which may be why. 

Thanks again. No problems, possibly I will just get one to test initially and then buy an extra 2 for my other Kodi Endpoints. I do use the IR on the MX3 for TV start etc so its reasonably important for my setup. Both TV's I use are less than 4yrs old so should be ok in that aspect.
Hi, is it possible to disable the power button in kodi? I use this remote on my H96 pro box and it works great, but my sometimes hit the red power button and than the box immediately powers off. I tried everything, but nothing works. I think the red power button is an IR button and changing remote.xml does not work because of that.
(2018-01-01, 09:15)zmokkie Wrote: Hi, is it possible to disable the power button in kodi? I use this remote on my H96 pro box and it works great, but my sometimes hit the red power button and than the box immediately powers off. I tried everything, but nothing works. I think the red power button is an IR button and changing remote.xml does not work because of that.
 hey Zmokkie, if it is a Windows device you can change the action of the "power button" in the power management settings in the control panel to do "do nothing" then when you hit the button it will then do nothing. You will then just have to manually power down when you want to by using the on screen buttons in Kodi. hope this helps
(2018-01-01, 09:28)rjay Wrote:
(2018-01-01, 09:15)zmokkie Wrote: Hi, is it possible to disable the power button in kodi? I use this remote on my H96 pro box and it works great, but my sometimes hit the red power button and than the box immediately powers off. I tried everything, but nothing works. I think the red power button is an IR button and changing remote.xml does not work because of that.
 hey Zmokkie, if it is a Windows device you can change the action of the "power button" in the power management settings in the control panel to do "do nothing" then when you hit the button it will then do nothing. You will then just have to manually power down when you want to by using the on screen buttons in Kodi. hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. Is it an android device with libreelec installed on it. That is Linux. There is no option there to change the power management settings.
(2014-09-04, 16:51)henningdalgaard Wrote: ok, cool. So it should work okay with android/Amazon fireTV?
  have you tried yet with Amazone FireTv mine not working. i am not a advance user to do flashing  any easy solution for me please?
ahhh ok Zmokkie, might have to wait and see if one of the andriod crew chime in with a response! Smile
Hi all,
is any chance to get MX3 volume key working with long press?
I have the Rii MX3 Multifunction 2.4G Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard. I primarily use it to control my PC's volume (volume up, volume down, and mute.)
Occasionally, the controller stops working. The red light blinks, but it has no effect on the PC. (Distance has been ruled out as a contributing factor.) The solution I use to fix it is to unplug the USB receiver and plug it back in. That solves the problem every time.
Am I accidentally hitting something on the remote that causes this problem? Is there a solution that I can implement from the remote?
Thanks!
(2018-03-17, 01:26)compupix Wrote: I have the Rii MX3 Multifunction 2.4G Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard. I primarily use it to control my PC's volume (volume up, volume down, and mute.)
Occasionally, the controller stops working. The red light blinks, but it has no effect on the PC. (Distance has been ruled out as a contributing factor.) The solution I use to fix it is to unplug the USB receiver and plug it back in. That solves the problem every time.
Am I accidentally hitting something on the remote that causes this problem? Is there a solution that I can implement from the remote?
Thanks!
I can't rule out some type of malfunction of the device itself, but I would recommend trying two things. The easiest thing is to try a different USB port. The other is checking your power management settings if you have a Window pc. It may be shitting off your USB ports. See here: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/prevent-...sb-device/
@jctennis  unlikely the USB port change will help, or anything else tbh that I can tell.

@compupix This thread will get you across the known issues with this remote on Windows;

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325364
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7