• 68(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
(2017-12-22, 02:11)VonMagnum Wrote: @"jasuin" 

Jaka, read the thread.  The shitty version is what you want.  Grab the newest build and THAT'S IT!  There is nothing else to figure out.
 Hey, thanks, thats what i needed to hear. The filenames of builds are confusing if you have no idea what they mean ( on the link here ) and honestly i had no idea what to go for. Shitty then. Thanks.
(2017-12-22, 11:55)jsuln Wrote:

Jaka, read the thread.  The shitty version is what you want.  Grab the newest build and THAT'S IT!  There is nothing else to figure out.
 Hey, thanks, thats what i needed to hear. The filenames of builds are confusing if you have no idea what they mean ( on the link here ) and honestly i had no idea what to go for. Shitty then. Thanks. 
Update: Tried the shitty version (kodi-20171115-9acd2d3-shitty-armeabi-v7a.apk) and I get either white noise with ac3 / dts sources, or linear pcm with a stuttering image - depending on the combination of settings. Is there any setting I am missing, or im out of luck of getting this working?

Thanks in advance and sorry if its offtopic ..
Get a decent device
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-12-22, 19:12)Martijn Wrote: Get a decent device
 Id love to, but I cannot afford it.

This was a pretty decent midrange TV in 2015, and still has pretty good picture quality for my needs. Sadly I could have not known that they will not update it to Marshmallow when i bought it. Just wanted to make this work without using hdmi all the time .. 

Thanks for the great advice tho.

Jaka
(2017-12-22, 19:24)jsuln Wrote:
(2017-12-22, 19:12)Martijn Wrote: Get a decent device
 Id love to, but I cannot afford it.

This was a pretty decent midrange TV in 2015, and still has pretty good picture quality for my needs. Sadly I could have not known that they will not update it to Marshmallow when i bought it. Just wanted to make this work without using hdmi all the time .. 

Thanks for the great advice tho.

Jaka 
 I have a spare PI2 somewhere that can properly passthrough DTS / AC3 - if that would help you. But I need to verify first - I donate most of my spare hardware in the last months.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-12-22, 19:10)jsuln Wrote:
(2017-12-22, 11:55)jsuln Wrote:

Update: Tried the shitty version (kodi-20171115-9acd2d3-shitty-armeabi-v7a.apk) and I get either white noise with ac3 / dts sources, or linear pcm with a stuttering image - depending on the combination of settings. Is there any setting I am missing, or im out of luck of getting this working?

Without having seen your settings, I'd going to guess you don't have the speaker setting right.  Make sure your speaker layout is set to 2-channel, not 5.1 or higher.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2017-12-24, 01:11)VonMagnum Wrote:
(2017-12-22, 19:10)jsuln Wrote:
(2017-12-22, 11:55)jsuln Wrote:  Hey, thanks, thats what i needed to hear. The filenames of builds are confusing if you have no idea what they mean ( on the link here ) and honestly i had no idea what to go for. Shitty then. Thanks.  

Without having seen your settings, I'd going to guess you don't have the speaker setting right.  Make sure your speaker layout is set to 2-channel, not 5.1 or higher. 
The speaker setting is 2.0 and i think the option best fit / or fixed, not sure. I also had this setting before trying the shitty version, so i didnt even change this. Just fiddled with the sync playback option in the player settings +  ac3 capable / ac3 transcoding / dts capable options.

cheers,
jaka
(2017-12-17, 22:50)Pasher Wrote: First thing: I have put in the time to read this thread from first to last post and have found some solutions to my issues but not all so I would like to get some professional help.

Long story short I bought my self a new "smart" TV Philips 65PUS6412/12 with Android Marshmallow on.
Problem started with the "Passthrough of DTS issue" but with a few hours of reading this thread and fiddling with the setting sorted that out. As good as it can Smile
Problem now is audio sync on DTS. DD works fine, DD+ och DTS-MA have the same issues as DTS.

It can sometimes be corrected by skipping ahead/back just a few seconds and it re-syncs but it can lose it half way through.
Side note: Have a Plex app that have the exact same issue, have even tried the Plex plugin to Kodi but same same.

Done my homework and put a log up: KODI LOG
Did i fiddle to much or not enough?

Have anyone had the time to take a look at my debug file?
I have updated Kodi and still have the same issue.

It feels like its related to this thread but if not I can create my own?

//Pasher

There are two shitty builds dated January 1.

I have a Fire-4K-v2. Am I wasting my time with the alternate builds?
One is "notsoshitty" the other is "shitty" - you waste your time for the fire-4k-v2.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-01-01, 22:54)fritsch Wrote: One is "notsoshitty" the other is "shitty" - you waste your time for the fire-4k-v2.
 The good news is that I am getting spectacular performance with music (thank you very much). I have classical CDs dating back to the first year that the medium was offered. I started ripping them to flac about five years ago and I am close to 15,000 tracks. Onkyo's DLNA client barfs (with soap).

I have a router with an internal 1tb HD. I converted the router to Linux (via LEDE) and provide the music directory as an NFS mount. I also run MiniDLNA which is now gratuitous overhead. Kodi performs flawlessly as an NFS client. I can shuffle the complete library with no delay. Kodi seems to pre-process the meta data. I am just blown away by the performance.

Getting back to Amazon, for a moment, I have some good contacts. Telling them that the firmware is broken is pointless, Have you documented somewhere more specific guidance?
We have direct amazon contact. They don't care -> the content they want to sell works.
Hi
First of all - sorry if my question was answered before, but I didn't find my answer yet.

Question: Why Kodi don't show option "DTS capable receiver"?
My configuration:
TV: Philips 55POS9002/12 (Android 6.0 API 23)
Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 161S
Connected by HDMI ARC.

Is it becasue Philips TV is "Semi broken software"?
(2018-01-03, 17:30)Tommy9999 Wrote: Hi
First of all - sorry if my question was answered before, but I didn't find my answer yet.

Question: Why Kodi don't show option "DTS capable receiver"?
My configuration:
TV: Philips 55POS9002/12 (Android 6.0 API 23)
Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 161S
Connected by HDMI ARC.

Is it becasue Philips TV is "Semi broken software"?
 Cause it does not support it via the official API. They only hacked together their personal video application that does it via a private API. See in your logfile - I write out very verbosely which format fails to open.
I found in log, that Firmware implements AC3 RAW
Firmware implements EAC3 RAW

So, this is Philips Android software failure to support DTS? I need to wait for an Philips update?

Here is full logfile:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26313844/
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178