• 132(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
Hello badbob001

Kodi does not monitor NFO Files. They are simply a means of transferring information into the library. Once that is done, Kodi has no use for them anymore.

If you change a nfo file, then you need to tell Kodi to re-read the NFO file. You can do this by using the Refresh button in the Movie Information page as shown in the image (to the right of the Choose Art button). When you select Refresh, you will be asked "Locally stored information found. Ignore and refresh from the Internet? Answer No if you want to read the NFO File. Answer Yes if you want to scrape from online source.

Kodi will not read NFO Files when you run an Update Library. It is only looking for new items.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-31, 00:39)Karellen Wrote: Hello badbob001

Kodi does not monitor NFO Files. They are simply a means of transferring information into the library. Once that is done, Kodi has no use for them anymore.

If you change a nfo file, then you need to tell Kodi to re-read the NFO file. You can do this by using the Refresh button in the Movie Information page as shown in the image (to the right of the Choose Art button). When you select Refresh, you will be asked "Locally stored information found. Ignore and refresh from the Internet? Answer No if you want to read the NFO File. Answer Yes if you want to scrape from online source.

Kodi will not read NFO Files when you run an Update Library. It is only looking for new items.
I understand that kodi will only look at the nfo files when adding new items. Since EMM can be used to update all NFO files rather easily, it would be tiresome to have to hit refresh on each and every movie. One can edit each source and toggle 'This directory contains' to 'none' and then back, but is there a faster or more elegant way?
Use the Kodi Inteface in Ember to sync and send all data to Kodi...
How do I set the movieset poster for a set? I can't find that option in EMM. According to kodi.wiki, I guess I need to put a movieset-poster.jpg into each movie folder related to the set.
Kodi does not support support movie set images like for movies or tv show. Normaly the poster of the first added movie will be used for the movie set.

But with Ember and the Kodi Inteface you can scrape, save and sync movie set images. First you hqve to do is to create a common folder for all movie set images on your NAS or whatever. Secind you have to set this folder in Ember as movie set saving folder (Settings - Moviesets - Files and Sources). Than you have to set this folder in "Settings - Modules - Kodi Interface - YOUR HOST - Movieset Artwork folder" (at this point you have to set a path that Kodi can read, like "smb://SEVER/SHARE". Than you can scrape and sync the movie set images.

I'm off for now, happy new year to all users and supporters!
(2018-01-01, 00:17)DanCooper Wrote: Kodi does not support support movie set images like for movies or tv show. Normaly the poster of the first added movie will be used for the movie set.

But with Ember and the Kodi Inteface you can scrape, save and sync movie set images. First you hqve to do is to create a common folder for all movie set images on your NAS or whatever. Secind you have to set this folder in Ember as movie set saving folder (Settings - Moviesets - Files and Sources). Than you have to set this folder in "Settings - Modules - Kodi Interface - YOUR HOST - Movieset Artwork folder" (at this point you have to set a path that Kodi can read, like "smb://SEVER/SHARE". Than you can scrape and sync the movie set images.

Kodi doesn't allow remote sources for set artwork.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
(2018-01-02, 00:57)Dragen Wrote:
(2018-01-01, 00:17)DanCooper Wrote: Kodi does not support support movie set images like for movies or tv show. Normaly the poster of the first added movie will be used for the movie set.

Yes it does, mine is on an SMB share and don't have any trouble with that
(2018-01-02, 11:27)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 00:57)Dragen Wrote:

Yes it does, mine is on an SMB share and don't have any trouble with that 
 Yes, that should be working. I mean it's the same system like they use to load all other images. If you don't use SMB you have to replace that part with the protocoll you use...
Using 1.4.8.0 Alpha 23.3 on Windows 7x64 Having a scanning crash on TV Show "The Twilight Zone?
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26307005/
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Hello,

I worked in Ember, also even left the program open over night. This morning the program was not running anymore. I wanted to start it, the exe was gone. Ok, I installed it again from the downloaded installation package (Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x64.exe).

The Windows 10 Defender Security Center claims there is a trojan in the exe: Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl

I downloaded the installation package again and Defender still claims there is this trojan.

False positive or a real threat?

Cheers,
Roi
False positive as always. If you download it from the official or komplex thread it will be safe.
(2018-01-04, 13:08)Roi Danton Wrote: Hello,

I worked in Ember, also even left the program open over night. This morning the program was not running anymore. I wanted to start it, the exe was gone. Ok, I installed it again from the downloaded installation package (Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x64.exe).

The Windows 10 Defender Security Center claims there is a trojan in the exe: Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl

I downloaded the installation package again and Defender still claims there is this trojan.

False positive or a real threat?

Cheers,
Roi
 Ok. The definitions were from today 6:58. I just updated and got a definition update. Now everything is fine again.

Just in case somebody is running into the same problem...

Sorry...
Nothing on this crash ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
(2018-01-02, 17:35)Rickt1962 Wrote: Using 1.4.8.0 Alpha 23.3 on Windows 7x64 Having a scanning crash on TV Show "The Twilight Zone?
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26307005/
 This log is useless. I need the from Ember (.\Ember Media Manager\Logs).
Opps Sorry ! https://pastebin.com/Qj6HwbFx
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2