• 31(current)
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here
nope, there's no such option in the alerts plugin we use
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-12-26, 22:16)ronie Wrote: it's the Syntax button: </>

Is there some advantage to using [syntax] instead of [code]? I'm so used to typing the latter that the former just feels weird. Smile

As far as I can tell they both seem to have the same effect, could </> produce [code] as it did before? Or is [syntax] the modern replacement for [code]? Otherwise no big deal, I'll just type [code] as I've always done. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
the syntax tag supports more languages than the code tag does.

for instance xml

Code:
Code:
            <control type="textbox" id="9">
                <left>22</left>
                <top>130</top>
                <width>800</width>
                <height>120</height>
                <font>font-18</font>
            </control>

Syntax:
xml:
<control type="textbox" id="9">
<left>22</left>
<top>130</top>
<width>800</width>
<height>120</height>
<font>font-18</font>
</control>

if you hit the syntax button and don't enter a language name in the popup, it will behave exactly like code does.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-12-28, 00:05)ronie Wrote: nope, there's no such option in the alerts plugin we use
 Thanks for looking Smile
Image Image
due to popular demand (read : first post n00bs that don't know how to use a forum), the 'reply' button below a post will no longer quote the post in your reply.

in case you really really need to quote someone (and think twice before quoting a half-page post and leaving a single line reply below it), you can use the 'quote' button.

and in other news today, the multi-quote functionality has been removed.
Apologies if this has been reported already, but did a quick search and couldn't see that it had, but I'm currently showing 50 notifications at the top of my page. When I click there, I get a dialog panel showing the latest 5 notifications, but using the scroll wheel on my mouse does nothing, neither does using the down arrow. So, I'm only ever able to see the 5 most recent notifications. I'm on Windows 7 if that makes any difference? Anybody else having the same issue?
If you go to your user profile (click your username in the header bar at the top right hand corner of the page) and select edit profile, then on the right hand side select view alerts. Does that allow you to see more than the first 5?

You can also change the alert settings just below that entry if you want to reduce or tune what you get notifications for.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-01-04, 13:45)DarrenHill Wrote: If you go to your user profile (click your username in the header bar at the top right hand corner of the page) and select edit profile, then on the right hand side select view alerts. Does that allow you to see more than the first 5?

You can also change the alert settings just below that entry if you want to reduce or tune what you get notifications for.
Yes, I'm able to click for the following pages. As a test I deleted a couple of notifications, which I guess should have reduced my total notification number to 48, but now showing nothing at the top of page. Does seem to be quite a convoluted way of viewing all your notifications, particularly when you go to effect of showing the total number of notifications at the top of page......
Still, at least I know how I can view more than the latest 5, which is what I wanted to know. Also updated my alert settings.
Thanks for the help
A shortcut link to the view alerts would suffice nicely I think (https://forum.kodi.tv/alerts.php) in that banner.

I can't check offhand what's already there as I don't have any alerts active, but I'll suggest it to the forum admins.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@DarrenHill you should now have an alert Smile
@DarrenHill 2nd try
Thanks - yes that worked.

@Dumyat - at least one mine, the alert window has 3 links along the bottom ( View Alerts / Delete All Alerts / Alert Settings ). The first one is the link I proposed, which will take you directly to the full list page. The last one straight to the settings page.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-22, 12:21)ronie Wrote:
(2017-12-22, 02:57)KoopaTroopa Wrote: I wondered if it was possible to remove that default "avatar" for all users who have no uploaded a custom avatar for themselves?

sure. i've changed the forum settings to only show custom avatars. 
Perfect, works for me.  I now see only the custom ones. Thanks!

Looks so much cleaner too!
Happy New Year!
(2017-10-09, 21:52)Milhouse Wrote: Is it possible to increase the space available for the thread title in the breadcrumb, in order to prevent premature and unnecessary truncation (elipsis)?

after a failed attempt months ago, i gave it another shot.
should be much better now... at least that's what people tell me ;-)
the mobile forum layout finally got some love

before / after:

• 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here2