• 271(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-01-06, 23:50)popcornmix Wrote:
(2018-01-06, 04:07)smp1 Wrote:  I can confirm the buffering issue with .m2ts and .ts files. The issue occur during the playback over LAN (SMB). Local playback seem to be ok. The same videos play fine if remuxed to mkv.    
Is this a recent problem in these builds? Identifying the first build with the problem would be useful.    
I reported this issue back in november (issue with sample #1 was fixed, sample #2 is still unplayable). I guess it was broken some time in autumn. Early post-kodi 17 builds definitely had no issues with ts/m2ts.
Hi,

I've noticed a little bug when changing a movie in the library. ie uncut version or better resolution.

Example.

I had a movie "1941.mp4" with a resolution 576p and running time is 119mins, which i removed from my library and also removed the file.
Now I added a new "1941.mp4" with a resolution of 1080p and a running time of 140mins, but when scanned into kodi the info shown in the library is from the previous version 576p and running time is showing 119mins.
If i added say "1941.mkv", the info in the library will be correct, so it seems the issue occurs when the new file is the same name/extension as the previous file.
I've gone back quite a few builds and the issue is still there, so I think its been about a while.

Hope the above makes sense.

Also im using latest build, with everything stock.

Kind Regards

Bucky
(2018-01-07, 02:33)bmonster Wrote: Hi,

I've noticed a little bug when changing a movie in the library. ie uncut version or better resolution.

Example.

I had a movie "1941.mp4" with a resolution 576p and running time is 119mins, which i removed from my library and also removed the file.
Now I added a new "1941.mp4" with a resolution of 1080p and a running time of 140mins, but when scanned into kodi the info shown in the library is from the previous version 576p and running time is showing 119mins.
If i added say "1941.mkv", the info in the library will be correct, so it seems the issue occurs when the new file is the same name/extension as the previous file.
I've gone back quite a few builds and the issue is still there, so I think its been about a while.

Kind Regards

Bucky
I would say, before you load the new 1941.mp4 file, you should clean up the media database, then update library.
Settings / Media / Video Library / Clean library ...
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2018-01-07, 02:42)Aux_ Wrote:
(2018-01-07, 02:33)bmonster Wrote: Hi,

Example.

Kind Regards

Bucky
I would say, before you load the new 1941.mp4 file, you should clean up the media database, then update library.
Settings / Media / Video Library / Clean library ... 
 Hi Aux,

Yer that was one of the 1st things i tried, same result, info from the previous version..

Regards

Bucky..
And run the library clean at least three times.

Found particularly with TV series, first clean removes episodes, second clean removes series. Third just to be sure.

Also, use milhouse texturecache.py script to remove obsolete artwork.

Cheers.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2018-01-07, 02:53)vbat99 Wrote: And run the library clean at least three times.

Found particularly with TV series, first clean removes episodes, second clean removes series. Third just to be sure.

Also, use milhouse texturecache.paw script to remove obsolete artwork.

Cheers.
 Ok, I removed and deleted the movie from my library.

Ran Clean Library 4 times, once for luck.
Ran texturecache.py P
added the movie again, and scanned to library, and its still got the info from the previous file, and not the new info.

When I play the movie the running time shows correct on the osd, and the codec info is showing the correct resolution, but the library is still showing the incorrect info, from the previous file...

Thanks for your help though..

Regards Bucky..
(2018-01-07, 01:11)doug Wrote:
(2018-01-06, 18:13)da-anda Wrote: anybody else has a PI3 on 24/7 and noticed frequent crashes/reboots in recent nightlies? I haven't found out why, but Kodi keeps crashing for me when idle for some time

I have with my RPi2. I don't experience them when my tvheadend addon (client) is disabled.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2646411

Here's a recent debug log. It's big, so I've put it on google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q8yOd1n...p=drivesdk

Milhouse replied earlier "It looks like Kodi is crashing while inserting PVR channel icon data into the SQLite database."
ksooo said "The crash is due to a corrupted tv database. We know this bug and it's pretty old, but no dev was able to reproduce so far and to come up with a fix, unfortunately.

There is no step by step instructions how to reproduce. That's a real problem.

The crash is not related to tvheadend, btw. Users using other pvr backends are also experiencing it."   
I have a Pi3 with vnsi running 24/7 (standard theme, no addons).
When I stop watching TV (stop streaming) and leave the main menu selection as it is (TV), the system will crash or freeze within the next hours.
To avoid the crash I have to:
- select a different menu item in the main menu (i.e. movie or music)
or
- continue the TV streaming

This problem exists a long time and I don't now a Kodi 18 release that does not have the problem. I was so used to change the main menu item after watching TV as a workaround that I forgot about it. I know this is not the way I should have dealed with the problem  No
I don't have access to the system at the moment, so I can't provide a debug log now, sorry. The last system update was in december, if I recognize correctly it was #1227.

4ndreas
@doug @4ndreas thanks for the headsup. I'll get in touch with ksooo and play is test monkey in case he's interested to investigate further into it
I have uploaded debug-enabled builds #0106d in order to obtain more detailed crashlogs from those experiencing crashes: RPi / RPi2

@4ndreas and @germa18 please use this #0106d debug-enabled build to produce a crashlog which should hopefully include more useful information (@germa18 your crash is occurring in code that is currently not producing a usable stacktrace).

Edit: Corrected RPi2 link, thanks @4ndreas
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-01-07, 14:36)Milhouse Wrote: I have uploaded debug-enabled builds #0106d in order to obtain more detailed crashlogs from those experiencing crashes: RPi / RPi2

@4ndreas and @germa18 please use this #0106d debug-enabled build to produce a crashlog which should hopefully include more useful information (@germa18 your crash is occurring in code that is currently not producing a usable stacktrace).
I just saw the message, i updated to #0106 and output the log, the log is for OMXplayer issue
For the crash with IPTVsimple i need to do it later.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
(2018-01-07, 15:29)germa18 Wrote: For the crash with IPTVsimple i need to do it later.
Please use the built-in log upload facility whenever possible (ie. when your log isn't ridiculously large). See the "Bug reports" note at the top of the first post for more details.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-01-07, 15:55)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-01-07, 15:29)germa18 Wrote: For the crash with IPTVsimple i need to do it later.
Please use the built-in log upload facility whenever possible (ie. when your log isn't ridiculously large). See the "Bug reports" note at the top of the first post for more details. 
Ok
Just one thing, i just notice that after i delete all settings/addons in LE last night, the French language is not avalaible (only franch canadian but is not the same as French from France), is this a bug or french is missing from LE 9?
(2018-01-07, 16:07)germa18 Wrote: Ok
Just one thing, i just notice that after i delete all settings/addons in LE last night, the French language is not avalaible (only franch canadian but is not the same as French from France), is this a bug or french is missing from LE 9?

I'm seeing French listed:

Are you renaming /storage/.kodi -> /storage/.kodi.bak and rebooting to start with a "clean" /storage/.kodi ?
(2018-01-07, 16:35)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-01-07, 16:07)germa18 Wrote: Ok

I'm seeing French listed:

Are you renaming /storage/.kodi -> /storage/.kodi.bak and rebooting to start with a "clean" /storage/.kodi ? 
 my bad, the french language were not just activate in addons, i activate it and now i can choose it - it was not activate by default, but the french canadian was ^^
(2018-01-07, 14:36)Milhouse Wrote: I have uploaded debug-enabled builds #0106d in order to obtain more detailed crashlogs from those experiencing crashes: RPi / RPi2

@Milhouse: please adjust the RPi2-link, the target should be the RPi2-version (not RPi).
I just installed the RPi2 debug version, now waiting for crash Smile

4ndreas
  • 271(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24