• 65(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2018-01-06, 11:39)kowalmisiek Wrote: Can you copy the whole section from aeon nox silvo skin to your Eminence skin. And convert colors into ones that are in your skin? Add to this panel the info (now / next)?
Sadly, it just doesn't work that way. Just copying things over wouldn't do anything. The fonts, images, variables, includes, locations, etc would also have to be replaced for anything to work. The problem is that Eminence has a different approach to the OSD. It reuses 90% of the same components as includes across all the various types, and it's layout makes it very, very difficult to make it cooperate with anything. So if I added a different component, everything would break and all the other sections would need to be rewritten or isolated in order to account for the copied files. Even if I managed to find a way to jam the code exactly as it is into the existing panels, I'm still not sure if the system that I would get would be able to handle another overlay window with more information.

That's still not to say that it's impossible, nor that I won't do it at some point, but at the moment the best I can do is to make things as workable as possible within the system that's available.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2018-01-06, 14:19)Alanon Wrote:
(2018-01-06, 11:39)kowalmisiek Wrote: Can you copy the whole section from aeon nox silvo skin to your Eminence skin. And convert colors into ones that are in your skin? Add to this panel the info (now / next)?
Sadly, it just doesn't work that way. Just copying things over wouldn't do anything. The fonts, images, variables, includes, locations, etc would also have to be replaced for anything to work. The problem is that Eminence has a different approach to the OSD. It reuses 90% of the same components as includes across all the various types, and it's layout makes it very, very difficult to make it cooperate with anything. So if I added a different component, everything would break and all the other sections would need to be rewritten or isolated in order to account for the copied files. Even if I managed to find a way to jam the code exactly as it is into the existing panels, I'm still not sure if the system that I would get would be able to handle another overlay window with more information.

That's still not to say that it's impossible, nor that I won't do it at some point, but at the moment the best I can do is to make things as workable as possible within the system that's available. 
As stated yes it is possible to take things from other skins and build them in but it is less of a copy and paste job and more of a from scratch program something within the existing skin something that emulates the thing from the other skin. Take for example the two new view modes that I made for this skin. I based them on view modes from the old Back Row skin which does not work in new versions of Kodi. It was less of a copy & paste things from the old code to the new and more of look at a photo of what you want it to look like and then program something to look like that while using the method statements from the skin you are trying to add it into.

On a related note I am thinking of making another view mode or whatever you call it for the home bar that has wide icons instead of square... (Would be in addition to the existing options)

Also, I love how we can change the order of things in the home menu and in the home sub menu for things like the power button. However, it would be really cool to see this added to other contextual items in the skin, like changing the order of options when pressing C on an item etc.

Thank you  Alanon  for your answer
I guess that such a change in OSD is very difficult to make and requires a lot of time. This is what I mean that practically all SAT receivers have such a menu. This look is best for PVR. I think all the owners of DVB-S2 cards and your Eminence skin would be grateful.
If you would try to do this, I would be happy to test these changes. In my opinion, your Eminence skin is the best for kodi. Only it lacks a well-made PVR option.

There is still a problem that you can easily solve. Is it possible to darken the background in the top bar in some way? Where is the Title. The program or movie title can not be read on a bright background.
(2018-01-06, 17:47)ZERO <ibis> Wrote:

As stated yes it is possible to take things from other skins and build them in but it is less of a copy and paste job and more of a from scratch program something within the existing skin something that emulates the thing from the other skin. Take for example the two new view modes that I made for this skin. I based them on view modes from the old Back Row skin which does not work in new versions of Kodi. It was less of a copy & paste things from the old code to the new and more of look at a photo of what you want it to look like and then program something to look like that while using the method statements from the skin you are trying to add it into.

On a related note I am thinking of making another view mode or whatever you call it for the home bar that has wide icons instead of square... (Would be in addition to the existing options)

Also, I love how we can change the order of things in the home menu and in the home sub menu for things like the power button. However, it would be really cool to see this added to other contextual items in the skin, like changing the order of options when pressing C on an item etc.  
When I had VU DUO Enigma2 I loved the skin DMConcinnity-HD-Controler v0.5.25. There was a menu where you could modify a lot of things. Here is the photo.
https://zapodaj.net/177cf1d3255cc.png.html
(2018-01-06, 17:47)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: As stated yes it is possible to take things from other skins and build them in but it is less of a copy and paste job and more of a from scratch program something within the existing skin something that emulates the thing from the other skin. Take for example the two new view modes that I made for this skin. I based them on view modes from the old Back Row skin which does not work in new versions of Kodi. It was less of a copy & paste things from the old code to the new and more of look at a photo of what you want it to look like and then program something to look like that while using the method statements from the skin you are trying to add it into.

The changeability of the home menus is actually a function of the skin shortcuts script. The skin only defines the settings window appearance, everything else is a credit to the amazing add-on. Sadly, the same goes for the context menu. The skin can only list and control the appearance of items that Kodi itself displays, like a template of sorts. the best way would be for someone to make an add-on that would provide some kind of backend for editing the position of items, but as it stands now, it's hard-coded.

(2018-01-07, 13:05)kowalmisiek Wrote: When I had VU DUO Enigma2 I loved the skin DMConcinnity-HD-Controler v0.5.25. There was a menu where you could modify a lot of things. Here is the photo. 

I'll look into it. My main concern at the moment is bringing some major updates and as many bug-fixes for the skin as I can manage. As far as PVR is concerned, Leia will bring major changes for the entire PVR section, so that entire part of the skin will have to be updated eventually. That's probably when I'll see about changing the PVR menu.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hello Alanon

Could you do the PVR info option like that?

https://zapodaj.net/1742d72f8f2a3.jpg.html

I have marked in red what would change well.

Could it be set in the skin this way?

1 click info (i)
A bar appears as in the picture

another info click
A bar appears as in the picture
https://zapodaj.net/4e29bffca32f9.jpg.html

the next info click disables the info.

Can you set the channels to display the info menu for a few seconds along with the progress bar when switching channels?

Could make the background darker?
https://zapodaj.net/69efe03692af1.jpg.html
Here is how I have it currently: 

The settings are all there, just without the added graphics, as they won't work with the skins colour settings and options. If you chose a transparent OSD, the sliders would look bad, so a textual display is the best way to go to ensure readability for all the information. The appropriate setting should be green. This doesn't work on my demo client, but should work for real PVR users.

I don't think that I'll be able to make the info appear on channel switch, as the OSD overlays are very complicated, and break easily. There are many overlapping windows. I'll add it if I can find a reliable way, but I'm not sure if I can make it automatic. I think that adding an option to toggle the info panel off on a third click of the "i" button is easier to implement, but I'll have to check that as well.

As far as dimming goes, there's a setting which enables and disables the darkening overlay, it's called Dim Home. It seems to work alongside the OSD gradient. Enable it and you should be able to have a darker effect on signaling the info menu.

Demo looks nice.

It is a pity that you are not able to add the option with the coding system as in my photo. It is much more readable.

And could you turn off the subtitles "now, next" and instead give a bright font what is going on now and a dark font what will happen next?

PS
I turned on Dim Home, but nothing has changed. Next, the same effect.

PS 2.
Could you add a channel number somewhere else?
(2018-01-09, 19:37)Alanon Wrote:
(2018-01-06, 17:47)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: As stated yes it is possible to take things from other skins and build them in but it is less of a copy and paste job and more of a from scratch program something within the existing skin something that emulates the thing from the other skin. Take for example the two new view modes that I made for this skin. I based them on view modes from the old Back Row skin which does not work in new versions of Kodi. It was less of a copy & paste things from the old code to the new and more of look at a photo of what you want it to look like and then program something to look like that while using the method statements from the skin you are trying to add it into.

The changeability of the home menus is actually a function of the skin shortcuts script. The skin only defines the settings window appearance, everything else is a credit to the amazing add-on. Sadly, the same goes for the context menu. The skin can only list and control the appearance of items that Kodi itself displays, like a template of sorts. the best way would be for someone to make an add-on that would provide some kind of backend for editing the position of items, but as it stands now, it's hard-coded.

(2018-01-07, 13:05)kowalmisiek Wrote: When I had VU DUO Enigma2 I loved the skin DMConcinnity-HD-Controler v0.5.25. There was a menu where you could modify a lot of things. Here is the photo. 

I'll look into it. My main concern at the moment is bringing some major updates and as many bug-fixes for the skin as I can manage. As far as PVR is concerned, Leia will bring major changes for the entire PVR section, so that entire part of the skin will have to be updated eventually. That's probably when I'll see about changing the PVR menu. 
Ah good to know, I will try to see if I can get them to add this in skin shortcuts and worst case I will take a look into their source code when I get some time and see I can edit it.
(2018-01-10, 20:47)ZERO <ibis> Wrote:
(2018-01-09, 19:37)Alanon Wrote:

Ah good to know, I will try to see if I can get them to add this in skin shortcuts and worst case I will take a look into their source code when I get some time and see I can edit it. 
Great news if anyone could make a PVR section like it should be from the beginning Smile
If it looked like it would be great.

https://zapodaj.net/39545fd96f199.jpg.html
Any way to change the view on the Hub widgets? In my opinion it would make more sense to have the list on the left and the hub widget to the right. Just doesnt feel natural to have the list on the right hand side for some reason, lol. But again, its just my opinion.
(2018-01-12, 04:08)jdig4240 Wrote: Any way to change the view on the Hub widgets? In my opinion it would make more sense to have the list on the left and the hub widget to the right. Just doesnt feel natural to have the list on the right hand side for some reason, lol. But again, its just my opinion.
 Hm... Can't say I've ever considered it, just the way it's always been. But sure, I can change it, or add a setting.

(2018-01-12, 14:25)Alanon Wrote:
(2018-01-12, 04:08)jdig4240 Wrote: Any way to change the view on the Hub widgets? In my opinion it would make more sense to have the list on the left and the hub widget to the right. Just doesnt feel natural to have the list on the right hand side for some reason, lol. But again, its just my opinion.
 Hm... Can't say I've ever considered it, just the way it's always been. But sure, I can change it, or add a setting.   
 You are the man!
Would be awesome to have options for views for the hub widgets. Seems it always shows Fanart only. Maybe add option to show thumb or Poster? I love how you have made so many optional hubs that I would like to use, but the view mode seems to be holding me back. Thanks for continuing to make this skin better and better!
I don't know if this falls into the same type of question, but I would love if there was a way to create customized lists, like the hub, where I can make a group of whatever I want in a window like a list view or like the add-on view.  Sometimes you just don't need the hub with a big preview panel.
(2018-01-09, 20:54)Alanon Wrote: Here is how I have it currently: 

The settings are all there, just without the added graphics, as they won't work with the skins colour settings and options. If you chose a transparent OSD, the sliders would look bad, so a textual display is the best way to go to ensure readability for all the information. The appropriate setting should be green. This doesn't work on my demo client, but should work for real PVR users.

I don't think that I'll be able to make the info appear on channel switch, as the OSD overlays are very complicated, and break easily. There are many overlapping windows. I'll add it if I can find a reliable way, but I'm not sure if I can make it automatic. I think that adding an option to toggle the info panel off on a third click of the "i" button is easier to implement, but I'll have to check that as well.

As far as dimming goes, there's a setting which enables and disables the darkening overlay, it's called Dim Home. It seems to work alongside the OSD gradient. Enable it and you should be able to have a darker effect on signaling the info menu.
Hello Alanon

When will you release the new version of the skin with these patches?
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21