• 440(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Thumbs Up 
(2018-01-08, 14:17)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

Ok new year now so new plans.

@mikeSiLVO. I like your suggestion of starting with a view each. I will look at starting this week and will probably take KodiFlix. There is a lot of code in there that needs to be sorted out in both Movies and TV and somethings that should actually go like DVDshelf display as it has problems on the far right of the screen. So I'll start there and let you know via GITHUB with what plans I come up with for it and creating a more common code solution with VARS etc to reduce duplicated code. I'll also probably look into the fake discs and all that as I know there is a lot of duplication for that, the solution needs to be re-engineered and even possibly decided if it should still exist, but I know it is liked so it'll stay but just hopefully be improved, but that is across multiple views so for the time being I'll just analyze it and re-design the solution before re-coding.

Also, there is probably version requirements outstanding due to changes in Leia, so we'll have to look into doing that which I think you've started on with your recent PR?

@Mr. V, your time has not been wasted and as discussed hopefully M will continue on forward to what it becomes. You have always been a part of the team since your amazing widget work that you graciously did when the Krypton update happened where we all worked together as a great team and hopefully will continue too on whatever the project is.

@Dan, cheers mate and your help is always valued as in the past.

@Slipass,haven't done much on RCB.xml for a while I did create 3 new specific games views for Madnox in on of the last updates but they are outside of using RCB as that uses it's own xml like you have stated. I'll put it on the list but will have to try and get my 'games' set up again for adequate testing in the future.

So, Mikesilvo and I  will be the main team on "Aeon Madnox" from now on, probably with help now and then from good friends like Aries / Shadowtek for gfx, meowmoo for music and bsoriano for testing and perhaps coding if you still want to learn Bart? We are only starting up now but as MikeSilvo said bugs / improvements / etc are always welcome and we'll discuss whatever and see where it goes.

So, Happy new year to everyone and hopefully Aeon Madnox can not only continue but evolve as well both in itself and as Madnox, but what is going on there will take a lot of time.

Mike.

@Mike_Doc: Send me a PM if/when you need me as my appearances on these forums can be somewhat sporadic.

Also, while I'm here, If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion; Now GitHub is fine for testing purposes, and submitting changes, but for end-users a "repo" is better. It's easier to install via Kodi, requires no special "tricks" to get working, and doesn't come with added clutter files that aren't really relevant to the operation of the skin within Kodi itself. With this being the case, it would be a better for the novice users out there that want something up-to-date, but at the same time, stable to have recent builds of Madnox in a repo of some description. Ideally, the Kodi official Repo would be the best location, but I don't think that will be an option for Madnox if I understand the rules properly. MikeSilvo, who currently already has the project hosted on his GitHub account, also has a repo... I think you know where I'm going with this.

This came to mind due to an issue I've experienced recently, in that by directly syncing the GitHub repo for Madnox into my Kodi add-ons folder, with the latest iteration of GitHub Desktop, while the skin content itself doesn't pose any issues, the Backup add-on baulks once it attempts to back up the .git folder and it's subfolders due to the extreme path-length (or so it seems), preventing me being able to use the add-on with the skin installed in this manner. And I have Kodi running portable in the root of the drive it's installed to. So my thinking is that since MikeSilvo already takes care of the GitHub hosting for Madnox, AND has his own repo offering the 'Aeon Nox - Silvo' build, perhaps he could be persuaded to host Madnox alongside? An idea for those who want to keep 'up-to-date' but aren't beta-testers, nor wish to be at the bleeding adge (prefering stability).

Just an idea.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
@Slipass Regarding emulators I do not plan on working on anything until both RetroPlayer and the needed game addons are available in Kodi core. Right now I need to use a specific version of Kodi that is updated fairly regularly but not daily so I will not be adding it until I can use it while keeping Kodi up-to-date using the latest nightlie.

I already have started trying to remove unneeded code but a skin this large will take time. Most xmls need to be touched. I suggest trying it out for Leia in its current state on any device you have and let us all know how it performs. I reduced the size by <~200MB just recently and I plan to do more but already some changes I have made will likely require a Main Menu reset so I suggest to only use Aeon MadNox in its current state if you do not mind frequent resets...

@darkside281 Try the latest from Git and if the same thing is occurring please provide a debug log (wiki).

@Mr. V I really don't know what to say so here goes...
I wasn't working on MadNox until the users here have been asking for help and updates without a response so I decided to work on and update the skin when I could. Then your post came and I admittedly could have easily blown the whole thing out of proportion cause I was drinking. You all know I like my boozeCool...

Story time... I only decided to update things after keeping an eye on the thread and noticing that dedication screen when I installed MadNox Sad. There was no response from anyone and my first thought was to keep the users from thinking they were gonna be left behind. I never once thought there was any malice or anything. I just wanted to help out until you guys were ready to announce what you have been working on.

The timeline of things just seemed off to me. Not saying I was correct, just trying to explain.

I decided to help out here like I have done in the past and 5 days after I do you announce the new skin. I at first thought, OK, I guess they are ready to talk about it now Nod. Then I check the new thread and notice no mention of anything tangible. I wrongly assumed there would be access to try the skin out and get feedback or whatever from the users but I read that you would not be doing that and said there could likely be another 6 months till an alpha test. I, again, did not think any of it at that time but then I went to access the GitHub page to see if I missed any discussion about what you guys were working on and I could not access the repo. Then I started thinking, hmmm. I wonder why that is? At first I thought my internet went out or the link was borked. Then I realized it was deleted (made private) and I could not for the life of me understand why.

Even now, after knowing what happened, I do not understand paying GitHub to have a private repo for what I assume will be an open source skin...

I do not know how else to explain how and what I was thinking...

Anywhoo, moving on from that, I understand where you are coming from and agree the path chosen is the best to have a well coded skin. I think it could take longer though.
That being said, I like fiddling. Fiddling with xmls and making something take up as little code as possible. That is "fun" for me... sort of Undecided

The above is my explanation and those reading this can comment and possibly say I'm an ass cause of all that but hearing an opinion on my thoughts and decisions is why I don't prefer PM's. Also... Still Drinking! Devil
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really feel like I spend too much time responding on the forums sometimes... I cannot deal with typos or misspellings. Need HELP! Tongue
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@bsoriano Start wherever you want. My only suggestion is to not wait. @Mike_Doc I suggest the same to you as well. Make some small changes to any view you want LowList for bsoriano and KodiFlix for Mike_Doc but do it on a new branch and make a PR. If any of that is like speaking a foreign language then either start an issue on GitHub and we can work it out together or If you guys prefer to speak more instantaneously then I can using your preferred method (skype or whatever). You also do not need to worry about the changes I make and I will gladly explain that to you what I mean when you have time to work on the skin.

As for skin engine changes, I am working on them but if you want to then feel free. There might be overlap if one of us does not push changes quick enough. To avoid this we can all push PRs but we can talk about that as well.

@gibxxi My plan is to add this to a repo whether that be mine or Mike_Doc's is his decision. Will not be ASAP and for more detailed info you can see my response to Slipass HERE.
(2018-01-10, 08:51)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @darkside281 Try the latest from Git and if the same thing is occurring please provide a debug log (wiki).
All working now. many thanks for the fix..
@ All Does anybody actually disable any flags like aspect ratio, audio, mpaa, resolution, or source flags? I would think it looks weird just missing a flag here or there... Huh

I am reworking the flags ATM and I don't see the need to disable just one or two. @ Team What's your opinion on this?
Hi Mike, I would say either totally or not at all.
I like to use the fold, for example.

I follow your changes daily and test. Smile

Thank you for your work!!!! I think also on behalf of all Madnox usersAt some point we will give you a drink Smile

Do you really want to do something about the look and feel? I still have some small ideas.
To give an example: I would exchange the mouse pointer - they are a bit too colorful Smile
Currently I customize the little things like mouse pointer, Case, Homemenu, New and inprogress flags (Common folder), Background Pictues
@Mr. V I forgot to elaborate on some things...

The rework from the ground up is skin.madnox and the Aeon Nox v4 update that Mike_Doc and schimi2k created is the OG skin.aeon.madnox. I have no desire or plan to change the skin in any significant way other than updates for skin engine changes and "better" coding practices. It will not have any new textures or images not provided by schimi unless @Mike_Doc chooses to update any.

I hope that makes sense, if not please let me know and we can figure it out Smile

@Slipass The above comment to Mr. V also pertains to your last post. If you have design change ideas then you can post here to see if Mike_Doc wants to update them or in Mr. V's thread for the next gen MadNox HERE. Either way the decision to use them is not mine to make.
(2018-01-11, 08:04)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @ All Does anybody actually disable any flags like aspect ratio, audio, mpaa, resolution, or source flags? I would think it looks weird just missing a flag here or there... Huh

I am reworking the flags ATM and I don't see the need to disable just one or two. @ Team What's your opinion on this?
 Mike,

I use them all, never disable any of them.  I also don't see the need to disable just one or two.

Regards,

Bart
Let me join the ranks of those who appreciate the continuing efforts to keep this skin alive.  Thank you all.
Is there a setting or add-on needed to display the info for moviesets?  Extended info I believe is what it is being called.  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-01-10, 08:51)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @Mr. V I really don't know what to say so here goes...
I wasn't working on MadNox until the users here have been asking for help and updates without a response so I decided to work on and update the skin when I could. Then your post came and I admittedly could have easily blown the whole thing out of proportion cause I was drinking. You all know I like my boozeCool...

Story time... I only decided to update things after keeping an eye on the thread and noticing that dedication screen when I installed MadNox Sad. There was no response from anyone and my first thought was to keep the users from thinking they were gonna be left behind. I never once thought there was any malice or anything. I just wanted to help out until you guys were ready to announce what you have been working on.

The timeline of things just seemed off to me. Not saying I was correct, just trying to explain.

I decided to help out here like I have done in the past and 5 days after I do you announce the new skin. I at first thought, OK, I guess they are ready to talk about it now Nod. Then I check the new thread and notice no mention of anything tangible. I wrongly assumed there would be access to try the skin out and get feedback or whatever from the users but I read that you would not be doing that and said there could likely be another 6 months till an alpha test. I, again, did not think any of it at that time but then I went to access the GitHub page to see if I missed any discussion about what you guys were working on and I could not access the repo. Then I started thinking, hmmm. I wonder why that is? At first I thought my internet went out or the link was borked. Then I realized it was deleted (made private) and I could not for the life of me understand why.

Even now, after knowing what happened, I do not understand paying GitHub to have a private repo for what I assume will be an open source skin...

Anywhoo, moving on from that, I understand where you are coming from and agree the path chosen is the best to have a well coded skin. I think it could take longer though.
That being said, I like fiddling. Fiddling with xmls and making something take up as little code as possible. That is "fun" for me... sort of Undecided

The above is my explanation and those reading this can comment and possibly say I'm an ass cause of all that but hearing an opinion on my thoughts and decisions is why I don't prefer PM's. Also... Still Drinking! Devil
Really feel like I spend too much time responding on the forums sometimes... I cannot deal with typos or misspellings. Need HELP! Tongue

@mikeSiLVO
Cheers for you response.

I did take it in that way that your comments seemed too me, as you said "blown out of proportion".

Stepping back and giving it some thought i was wrong to post about the re-code with out enough consultation on git. So a communication error on my part and it would of been better to wait until an alpha was ready. 6 months was a guess for alpha, but a fully functioning skin up to par with the feature set of Aeon madnox will take a lot longer. So yes i agree my timeline was off and making git private was a mistake. Wasted money but i am stuck with that now until i can post at least an alpha something in the WIP skin forum.

I have great respect for you mike, you are a nice bloke that has contributed so much to the Kodi community, I hope there is no hard feelings.

@mikeSiLVO @bsoriano @Mike_Doc @meowmoo
It has been awesome to be able to contribute to Aeon Nox 5:Silvo and Aeon Madnox.
So it would be great to move forward from this. I'll just keep chipping away at a re-coded version of madnox, a successor of 'Aeon Madnox'. A very long journey, but some day it will be done.

Just a thought with the skin name not to confuse people with Aeon Madnox and Madnox. 

Should the re-code be Madnox 2.0 or simply Madnox?
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Hi Mike,

i found a "bug" in the new version.

It is no longer possible to change the weather icon to Real Weather icon.

ImageImage
(2018-01-12, 07:41)Mr. V Wrote:
(2018-01-10, 08:51)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @Mr. V I really don't know what to say so here goes...

@mikeSiLVO
Cheers for you response.

I did take it in that way that your comments seemed too me, as you said "blown out of proportion".

Stepping back and giving it some thought i was wrong to post about the re-code with out enough consultation on git. So a communication error on my part and it would of been better to wait until an alpha was ready. 6 months was a guess for alpha, but a fully functioning skin up to par with the feature set of Aeon madnox will take a lot longer. So yes i agree my timeline was off and making git private was a mistake. Wasted money but i am stuck with that now until i can post at least an alpha something in the WIP skin forum.

I have great respect for you mike, you are a nice bloke that has contributed so much to the Kodi community, I hope there is no hard feelings.

@mikeSiLVO @bsoriano @Mike_Doc @meowmoo
It has been awesome to be able to contribute to Aeon Nox 5:Silvo and Aeon Madnox.
So it would be great to move forward from this. I'll just keep chipping away at a re-coded version of madnox, a successor of 'Aeon Madnox'. A very long journey, but some day it will be done.

Just a thought with the skin name not to confuse people with Aeon Madnox and Madnox. 

Should the re-code be Madnox 2.0 or simply Madnox?

Mr. V, in my opinion, just Madnox is fine. If that's OK with you, I want to continue to be part of the Madnox team, and continue to code and test! Thanks again for the great opportunity, and for all of your help and advice!

Regards,

Bart
(2018-01-13, 14:02)Slipass Wrote: Hi Mike,

ImageImage
Working fine for me, unless I'm using the wrong build from git.
https://i.imgur.com/yfgftjT.png
(2018-01-01, 09:57)mikeSiLVO Wrote: My plan is to work on Aeon MadNox until asked to no longer do so.

I will not be pointing out how many hours I possibly could've spent working on this skin and updating it for the past few Kodi versions. I find it odd to even mention something like that Tongue

I do not like communicating through PM cause I think Open Source should be Open Opinion as well. Personal is personal but ideas about coding/skinning, I don't think that is very personal. IMHO OFC.

I have pushed some recent updates for the Leia branch HERE.

If anybody has issues or bugs to point out please let me know in this thread and I will fix them as soon as I am able. Please keep in mind that the more detailed the post and having screenshots, logs, and detailed descriptions of all possible reasons for the issue including any particular settings that have been enabled are the most helpful. Those tiny details could help me track down where a problem is.

@Mike_Doc I do not see any reason why this has to be an either-or situation. Just because I mention something does not mean there needs to be a question posted to the "team" inferring that folks cannot work on both if they choose.
I am not pushing for any kind of answer so please take as much time as you need to mull things over and as long as you are OK with it, I plan to be pushing updates and fixes for Aeon MadNox.

(2018-01-13, 17:08)bobrap Wrote:

ImageImage
Thanks bobrap? Do you use the actually Leia version from the git ( 11 January)?
Hi Mike,

can you implement a clock view in the pvr section?

(2018-01-13, 20:29)Slipass Wrote:
(2018-01-01, 09:57)mikeSiLVO Wrote: My plan is to work on Aeon MadNox until asked to no longer do so.

I will not be pointing out how many hours I possibly could've spent working on this skin and updating it for the past few Kodi versions. I find it odd to even mention something like that Tongue

I do not like communicating through PM cause I think Open Source should be Open Opinion as well. Personal is personal but ideas about coding/skinning, I don't think that is very personal. IMHO OFC.

I have pushed some recent updates for the Leia branch HERE.

If anybody has issues or bugs to point out please let me know in this thread and I will fix them as soon as I am able. Please keep in mind that the more detailed the post and having screenshots, logs, and detailed descriptions of all possible reasons for the issue including any particular settings that have been enabled are the most helpful. Those tiny details could help me track down where a problem is.

@Mike_Doc I do not see any reason why this has to be an either-or situation. Just because I mention something does not mean there needs to be a question posted to the "team" inferring that folks cannot work on both if they choose.
I am not pushing for any kind of answer so please take as much time as you need to mull things over and as long as you are OK with it, I plan to be pushing updates and fixes for Aeon MadNox.
(2018-01-13, 17:08)bobrap Wrote:

ImageImage
Thanks bobrap? Do you use the actually Leia version from the git ( 11 January)? 
 I do git pulls from here:  https://github.com/mikesilvo164/skin.aeon.madnox.git.  I hope that's the latest and greatest.
  • 440(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39