• 359(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
got and odd problem thats just seems to have come out of nowhere and its defo a DS issue. When I play 3d MVC movies, I get an "exclusive mode failed" message top left hand corner and it just plays in 2D.  Reboot doesnt fix and it still works ok with MPC-HC, any ideas anyone?

EDIT - system restore of my portable KODI DS folder to yesterday resolved it but would be useful to know what caused it.
I recently installed Kodi DSPlayer on my PC in an attempt to resolve a nagging issue with NVidia High Definition Audio. With other versions of Kodi during silent parts of a video or a music file the sound would turn off, a faint electronic sound of a switch would be heard, then there was a second or so delay, the faint electronic switch sound would be heard and then the sound would resume with some of the track being cut off. As long as sound was continuous things were OK but most of the time this behavior was maddening. Videos played directly from a browser or the YouTube app would demonstrate this sound drop out ON/OFF issue as well. It also occurred in the MS Movies and TV app when playing a video, the VLC app and other players from the Windows Store. Searching other forums, including the NVidia forums, no solution was available.
The problem is resolved by using Kodi DSPlayer and setting the output audio device to "Default WaveOut" in the DS Player output settings. The issue is gone. Additionally, the Windows sound controls work, which means I can raise or lower the volume using the hotkeys on my keyboard. Previously with all versions of Kodi and WASAPI default settings enabled the Windows sound controls did not function with NVidia high definition audio. The WaveOut audio feature was not available in Kodi from the windows store. Using the WaveOut audio output also corrects the NVidia high definition audio sound dropout problem in PotPlayer, although interestingly enough the default WASAPI sound settings in PotPlayer would eliminate this problem as well for some reason.
As for the video, using madVR the playback is stunning! I am using the 64-bit version dated 11-26-17 which is listed as "unstable". Not so; this software runs without a glitch for me. Mostly I want to thank the independent developers of Kodi DSPlayer for this excellent software.
Windows 10 Pro with all updates.
NVidia GTX 560
Audio (headphones plugged into) Samsung C32F391 32-Inch Curved Monitor
that's the audio option probably, that sends a low signal to keep the connection alive.   (regular kodi section, not dsplayer)
Hi there,

I´m quite (fairly) new to the DS Player with Kodi and do not have any experience with madvr or ds player before...
I just read this forum here and some parts on Kodinerds...

My problem: For me, its not possible to watch 4k-HDR Videos. They´re always (!) stuttering very much. With "normal" Kodi Version I can watch them, but of course without the HDR...
Thats, the problem, here are more details / infos:

System: Intel Core i3-2100, 4gb Ram, Nvidia GT 1030, 64gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16299, Nvidia GeForce 390.65 Driver, 1Gbit-Network, Kodi 17.6 x86 DS-Player-Version, madVR v0.92.10
The File, I want to play: located on NAS (Gigabit too), 16gb, HEVC, 3840*2160, 23,976Hz, YUV, 4:2:0, 10bits, BT.2020, 10,6Mb/s Bitrate (but also all other HDR files do not play...)
Components: HTPC --> Denon X4400H --> Samsung JS9090

And here are the settings:
During Playback: Klick (MadVR Player Info) (because of TeamViewer it says 825ms average stats, in real without TeamViewer its ~70-80ms average stats and max ~160ms)
During Playback: Klick (Kodi Player Info)
Settings (Kodi DS Player): Klick + Klick + Klick
Settings (MadVR in Kodi): Klick + Klick + Klick + Klick
Settings (DS Player Splitter): Klick
Settings (DS Player Video Decoder): Klick
Settings (DS Player Audio Decoder): Klick
Settings (Nvidia System): Klick
Settings (MadVR): Klick + Klick + Klick

I hope this is all information you need...
If you need any further information, let me know Wink

I would be very glad for any recommendation / suggestion.

Thanks so much!

Junias
(2018-01-10, 15:26)junias Wrote: I hope this is all information you need...
If you need any further information, let me know Wink

I would be very glad for any recommendation / suggestion.

Thanks so much!

Junias
MadVR can and likes to squeeze out the processing power from a graphics card. Would be so, that with your 4k HDR -material you are maxing out your GTX1030, especially with 2GB GDDR5 ? There are more Trade Quality For Performance-options in MadVR-settings, which you could check also, if this is the case.
best way to diagnose this is copy a HDR file to your PC and play it locally, this will then tell you if it is a streaming issue or not.

If it isnt then you may need to look at your MADVR setttings but try that first and get back to us.
Hey Guys,

Please accept my sincerest apologies if this topic has already been covered.. I'm wondering if you guys could help me out with a situation..

So basically I have a HTPC which I built several years ago. Here are the specs :

Intel i3, 4gb RAM, AMD 6450 graphics card.

Now I know this is very old tech but for 1080p Bluray Remux (30gb files) works flawless.. That plus my Darbee Darblet v2 at HIGH DEF (Green setting at 56) and Sony HW40ES reality creation at 18 setting along with MADVR. I kid you not the picture looks amazing like 4K lol Smile

What I would like to know is what hardware do I need to view 2160p remux 4K HDR movies? I mean I appreciate I will probably need to change everything including projector and HDMI cable as well but I'd like to know please :

1 - what hardware is recommended for this type of setup

2 - do I need to get a new projector

3 - do I need a high speed hdmi cable the new fibre optic ones?

4 - is it actual worth to Change it all as the current picture is stunning?

PS: My screen is 120 inches 16.9 and I sit approx 5.6 meters away from it.

The settings I use on madvr are lanczos 4 taps for all..

Thanks for all your help Smile
If you like the way it looks there is no need to upgrade anything.   But if you are looking to move to 4k and hdr, then you will need a new video card, hdmi 2.0 highspeed cables, and a projector able to do hdr.
Thank you but what I'd like to know is it worth the upgrade? 120 inch screen from approx 5.5m away from screen.. Also now that the cables are very expensive.. Which graphics card is the one that go for without breaking the bank? Also why are all the 4K Videos look washed out on colour?
(2018-01-13, 23:43)mkohman Wrote: Thank you but what I'd like to know is it worth the upgrade? 120 inch screen from approx 5.5m away from screen.. Also now that the cables are very expensive.. Which graphics card is the one that go for without breaking the bank? Also why are all the 4K Videos look washed out on colour?
 GTX 960 is the minimum I'd recommend for 4K HDR playback w/ madVR.

You'd need a new projector as the HW40ES isn't capable of 4K or HDR.  I'm also pretty sure this Darbee Darblet doo-dah would have to go as it doesn't seem to support 4K.

It is likely that the HDMI cables you have at the moment would be sufficient for 4K HDR, but the only way to know for sure would be through testing.

If you think your current setup produces a stunning picture it may not be worth the time, cost, and effort to change your setup.  Only you can decide that.
With the latest drivers Nvidia 390.65 it would seem that the problem  HDR+ Windows 10 Fall Creators has been solved ...
Thank you for your help.. Much appreciated [emoji106]
(2018-01-14, 10:40)gotham_x Wrote: With the latest drivers Nvidia 390.65 it would seem that the problem  HDR+ Windows 10Fall Creators has been solved ...

Gave this new driver version a try and looks like you're right. Windows 10/Kodi DSPlayer is enabling/disabling HDR correctly, so no more reason to use old drivers.
madVR v0.92.11 released...some big changes.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Hi, I know this is a minor issue in the grand scale of things but does anyone know why KODI DS starts without window focus, I have to mouse click to get focus before the menu works.

Also, still getting loss of HDMI handshake when stopping 3D MVC movies, this only happens when my desktop is in 2160p mode, the problem is caused when KODI DS is trying to switch from 3D MVC playback at 1080p back to the desktop resolution of 2160p.

If i change my desktop to 1080p, then start KODI DS, then play a 3D movie and stop it I have no issues, stops fine, this is my workaround, would be nice to have this fixed in DS, no issues with MPC-BE so must be a DS issue.
  • 359(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47