v18 Music visualization (Milkdrop) issue
(2018-01-15, 12:27)DaveBlake Wrote: The choice has been made (not by me) to disable the viz addons on installation, hence the settings need to change to match that state rather than leave Kodi broken "out the box"!

For a default viz to work we also need something always installed and enabled on all platforms, if we ever have that then the default settings can change accordingly.

I've been thinking about submitting a PR to change the addon manifest to auto enable the Visualisation addons since how the addon selection is done seems to be geared towards having a binary addon repo which we of course don't yet have.
(2018-01-15, 12:55)jjd-uk Wrote: I've been thinking about submitting a PR to change the addon manifest to auto enable the Visualisation addons since how the addon selection is done seems to be geared towards having a binary addon repo which we of course don't yet have.
Well that is another approach, I assumed that they were installed disabled for a reason. I don't have strong opinions about this, I just wanted to fix the currently broken master.

Of course installation of addons is still optional and what is availlable varies across the different platforms, that both needs to be kept in mind when setting defaults. Makes me think that a defaut of none is a good idea, but addons enabled when installed will mean that they appear on the list of choices from both OSD menu and main settings screen.

There is also the silly situation that a user could enable a viz addon, select it, and then disable the addon: the main setting screen shows the viz selection as "none", but the disabled addon will still run during playback. Perhaps someone would like to take that on?
The big problem is to me is if you're unfamiliar with Kodi then who is to know that Visualisations are addons, all a user will see is a empty visualisation selection dialog access from settings. Ideally what should happen is that there is a Get More button on right hand side of dialog that would show the disabled visualisation addons installed in the addon folder, this would then be similar to what we do in other areas of the GUI for example for skins and language addons. However I'm not sure on the mechanics behind the Get More button, as it only seems to be provided where there are addons of that type contained in the Kodi repo so not sure if both local folder and repo could be checked in the list provided by Get More, or perhaps Get More is done different for each addon type and there is no common mechanism.
Yep understood.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music visualization (Milkdrop) issue0