Bug Completed recordings are missing some epg data
Hi, Thanx .. hope it will be fixed ... :-)
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
Client: Kodi Leia on Shield 16GB Client: RP2 Libreelec Kodi Leia
Any News ?
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
Feature request https://tvheadend.org/issues/4811 has been resolved.
@ksooo: looks like some progress. ;-)

Cheers,
Diddle
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/351
While it will be nice to have, it's a shame that it won't be backported to Krypton and TVH 4.2. Tvheadend master (4.3) is roughly in a beta state, but still quite unstable—I had to move my system back to 4.2 because of issues. Likewise, are there reasons why the HTS messages are only being added to Kodi 18, instead of backporting that to 17?
(2018-01-17, 01:26)rpcameron Wrote: While it will be nice to have, it's a shame that it won't be backported to Krypton and TVH 4.2. Tvheadend master (4.3) is roughly in a beta state, but still quite unstable—I had to move my system back to 4.2 because of issues. Likewise, are there reasons why the HTS messages are only being added to Kodi 18, instead of backporting that to 17?

It's not nice to not get a thank you for what you have done. Instead you get asked why have you not also have done this and that. Be social.
(2018-01-17, 07:54)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-01-17, 01:26)rpcameron Wrote: While it will be nice to have, it's a shame that it won't be backported to Krypton and TVH 4.2. Tvheadend master (4.3) is roughly in a beta state, but still quite unstable—I had to move my system back to 4.2 because of issues. Likewise, are there reasons why the HTS messages are only being added to Kodi 18, instead of backporting that to 17?

It's not nice to not get a thank you for what you have done. Instead you get asked why have you not also have done this and that. Be social.

We are all volunteers with limited free time and a day job and a real life aside our Kodi hobby. Maintaining two code lines is effort and we have limited resources.

It's common practice and not a shame that new features go only into the next release. Usually, only important bug fixes are back ported.

You should be HAPPY, that no two weeks after this was added to tvheadend, I found the time to implement this for pvr.hts.

It's s shame that users don't understand this. ;-)
I apologize if my response came across as being thankless, that was not my intent. The current stable and development branches of Kodi have been making great strides in their improvement of live TV that have made it usable as a replacement for a STB and still (mostly) satisfy the WAF.

I understand that product development is a moving target, and existing stable codebases usually only receive maintenance/security updates, not feature updates. Kodi's PVR clients occupy the uncomfortable space where two different and independent projects intersect, and therefore are subject not just to the needs of a single organization/codebase/development cycle, but two.

So, let me offer my thanks and gratitude to you (and the other developers of Kodi, Tvheadend and their associated projects) for the work you all have done; it is appreciated. I suppose my comment was more about having to chase moving targets with less-than-awesome stability in order to have all of the whiz bang shiny features right now, rather than waiting for the next stable release(s).
I missed this (possibly?) snarky comment and my earlier response was to your response to this one.

I see how my comment could easily have been taken as whiny and reeking of entitlement, but that wasn't my intention. What I actually meant was:

Is there a technical limitation in the implementation of Kodi's PVR clients, or in the HTSP protocol (or HTS messages in general) that limit this feature to TVH 4.3 and Kodi 18?

I didn't mean, "Great, so now that you've already done it for others, do it for me!", but rather, "Cool, but does this mean that the foundations are there for this to make it back to current stable versions, or that it will only be for future versions moving forward?"

(Damn the internet and its inability to transmit tone/intent alongside text.)
(2018-01-17, 09:54)rpcameron Wrote: Is there a technical limitation in the implementation of Kodi's PVR clients, or in the HTSP protocol (or HTS messages in general) that limit this feature to TVH 4.3 and Kodi 18

No. It could be done if all parties involved (tvh, pvr.hts, Kodi) would do it. It's only a matter of resources (and product management decision).
Thank you ksooo for this update. I really appreciate the work that you are doing on the PVR side of Kodi.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
Thank you for your great work on the PVR inprovments
RPi3+ LE v9.0 (+ HDHomeRun ATSC tuner, Tvh, Comskip, zap2epg)

A95X LE v8.2 (kszaq)
Wink 
(2018-01-16, 18:39)ksooo Wrote: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/351
Kai, vielen Dank. Thanks a lot for this and all the other efforts on improving Kodii's PVR experience.
Really appreciated, you delivered on your promise! :-)

Don't care about complains related to Krypton or TVH 4.2 backports. Use latest features - use latest code. That's it.

Cheers 
Diddle.
(2018-01-16, 18:39)ksooo Wrote: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/351
 Thanks so much!  Looking forward to 4.3 stabilizing and being able to use this.
Thank you very much. Thanks for your time to help us all ... ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Completed recordings are missing some epg data0