• 29(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
You don't insert 'HDR' in any of the file structure.  This is why we use an iso.  You include 'HDR' in the iso file name.  I can't help you with the DSPlayer build.  We use the official build here and do not experience that problem.  HDR is the trigger in the code.  Anything else can be included with HDR in the name and does not need to be included in the code.  If you need 4k included in the name of mkv or iso file so your skin shows the tag, add it.  Add anything you want just as long as 'HDR' is there too for HDR sources.  Same principle as '3D' to trigger.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Thank you so much Brazen1 , I will try a new solution , Kodi 17.6 official , installed with procedure portable or fixed and in addition rip in .iso or .mkv without touching the code.
a very demanding job from a practical point of view he's waiting for me .
Check this out.....

https://www.provideocoalition.com/ultra-...-ces-2018/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ybo6zsMfIw
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
@brazen1 
I would like to create a rule for PotPlayer to insert In the file playercorefactory ,  this , for multimedia content  .mkv that have video resolution to 1920/800 and video resolution 1920/1080 in format  Hevc , obviously independent from the external reader MPC-BE , DSPlayer and VideoPlayer indoor by Kodi , you can help us ?
(2018-01-15, 19:35)brazen1 Wrote: Hi luci5r.

My reply was not only to you.  It included thoughts for others also.  I don't like using the 'quote' feature any more than I have to and assumed you would understand.  Sorry for the confusion. 

I don't think you are able to use your 1030 for the reason I stated.  Although you read another user is using it, he also stated the caveats.  Fwiw, I'm using 1:1 iso rips.  These are the most demanding to play not only because of the container but because it is not compressed either.  Anything less is not as demanding such as a compressed .mkv.  A .mkv is player friendly with anything since it is not demanding.  (Almost) anything when it comes to HDR.  The Windows & TV app is qualified for HDR.mkv but not HDR.iso.  Furthermore, it does not have a single adjustment.  Since the beginning, playback has been oversaturated to the point it's unwatchable for me.  I don't think it does high bitrate audio either but don't quote me.  I don't think you will link the app to a playercorefactory as Windows has hidden the .exe and made it unaccesable afaik.  Fwiw, the photo app is the same thing.  Perhaps you can link it?  I wouldn't suggest using either but if you're happy with the results, that's all that counts.  I'm sorry you can't get satisfactory results with your GTX 1030.  Perhaps a conversation with users that are succesfull using that GPU can instruct you better.

The same is true for PDVD.  While it will play an HDR.mkv, without correct hardware, it will not play an HDR.iso.  Manually switching on the Windows HDR and advanced color options switch is required before playback and off when finished.  It is not automated.  Leaving it on all the time wipes out the Windows desktop.  MPC + LAV Filters + madVR does not require special hardware.  It does not cost anything.  It handles .mkv, .iso, and any other file type with ease although like every other player except PDVD (provided you meet the requirements) there are no menus.  Using the methods here, everything is fully automated.  Pressing play on a Kodi library title simply works.  Everything is handled behind the scenes for you once the initial setup has been completed.  While some players provide menus, they do not provide HDR menus.  This thread is for those of us who want the most cost effective, reliable, backwards compatible, fully automated and versatile setups excluding paid subscription streaming solutions because we serve our own higher quality media.

Fwiw, a new LAV Filter 'nightly' has been released for anyone else who happens to read this post.  https://www.videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters
Also a new madVR version.  https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t...&page=2418
 Hi brazen1:

I very quickly, after my post to you, realized that your post was not in response to my query alone, but for some others as well. My apologies. 

I certainly don't disagree with you. Your solution, instructions and methodology is impeccable and should provide the most economical and quality solution for just about everyone. I also agree that the bottleneck on my end is either something in my system or my GT 1030. I don't believe it is impossible for this combination to work w/ GT 1030, cause if it were, it wouldn't work for anyone. But it does for some. So the bottleneck may either be some hardware, software, or a combination in my system. 

I also strongly agree with you regarding the nuisance of turning HDR on & off manually in Windows, in order to use PDVD or Movies & TV App. This was an oversight on my part. I didn't realize this. While Movies & TV App actually turns ON the setting in Windows automatically as soon as you playback UHD HDR, it does not turn it off - leaving the Windows Desktop washed out. PDVD neither turns it ON or OFF, and would require manual intervention. 

I entirely understand the benefit of using the LAV Filters + MadVR + MPC-BE combo, no questions asked, unfortunately since it's not working with my hardware/software, I have to look at alternates. 

Before I do so, however, I'm going to download the latest versions you posted and try to fiddle w/ MadVR's settings some more. Since there is no official "low" setting, I just have to play with all settings. If there's anything you can recommend, I would highly appreciate it. 

In my case - there are no ISOs. Only UHD HDR MKV containers. And I'm only using the MadVR combo for UHD (2160p) playback. No upscaling/downscaling, etc. 

Thanks!
(2018-01-17, 14:29)gotham_x Wrote: @brazen1 
I would like to create a rule for PotPlayer to insert In the file playercorefactory ,  this , for multimedia content  .mkv that have video resolution to 1920/800 and video resolution 1920/1080 in format  Hevc , obviously independent from the external reader MPC-BE , DSPlayer and VideoPlayer indoor by Kodi , you can help us ?
 You want 1920/800 and 1920/1080 HEVC.mkv files to be played with PotPlayer.

Try adding this to your existing PCF and make sure HEVC is in the file name.
<rule filename=".*HEVC.*" player="PotPlayer"/>

If you already have a rule filename, indent it under the other one.

Put a couple spaces here    <rule filename=".*HEVC.*" player="PotPlayer"/>

like this

<rule filename=".*HDR10.*|.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*" player="MPC-BE"/>
    <rule filename=".*HEVC.*" player="PotPlayer"/>

Can't test it for you so no idea if this will work.  Give it a try and let us know.  I've run into dual rules problems in the past so don't be surprised if it doesn't work.  Always best to post your existing code too.

You could also try
<rule HEVC="true" player="PotPlayer"/>
but I don't know if Kodi will consider HEVC a media format type or not.

(2018-01-17, 17:47)luci5r Wrote:

My reply was not only to you.  It included thoughts for others also.  I don't like using the 'quote' feature any more than I have to and assumed you would understand.  Sorry for the confusion. 

I don't think you are able to use your 1030 for the reason I stated.  Although you read another user is using it, he also stated the caveats.  Fwiw, I'm using 1:1 iso rips.  These are the most demanding to play not only because of the container but because it is not compressed either.  Anything less is not as demanding such as a compressed .mkv.  A .mkv is player friendly with anything since it is not demanding.  (Almost) anything when it comes to HDR.  The Windows & TV app is qualified for HDR.mkv but not HDR.iso.  Furthermore, it does not have a single adjustment.  Since the beginning, playback has been oversaturated to the point it's unwatchable for me.  I don't think it does high bitrate audio either but don't quote me.  I don't think you will link the app to a playercorefactory as Windows has hidden the .exe and made it unaccesable afaik.  Fwiw, the photo app is the same thing.  Perhaps you can link it?  I wouldn't suggest using either but if you're happy with the results, that's all that counts.  I'm sorry you can't get satisfactory results with your GTX 1030.  Perhaps a conversation with users that are succesfull using that GPU can instruct you better.

The same is true for PDVD.  While it will play an HDR.mkv, without correct hardware, it will not play an HDR.iso.  Manually switching on the Windows HDR and advanced color options switch is required before playback and off when finished.  It is not automated.  Leaving it on all the time wipes out the Windows desktop.  MPC + LAV Filters + madVR does not require special hardware.  It does not cost anything.  It handles .mkv, .iso, and any other file type with ease although like every other player except PDVD (provided you meet the requirements) there are no menus.  Using the methods here, everything is fully automated.  Pressing play on a Kodi library title simply works.  Everything is handled behind the scenes for you once the initial setup has been completed.  While some players provide menus, they do not provide HDR menus.  This thread is for those of us who want the most cost effective, reliable, backwards compatible, fully automated and versatile setups excluding paid subscription streaming solutions because we serve our own higher quality media.

Fwiw, a new LAV Filter 'nightly' has been released for anyone else who happens to read this post.  https://www.videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters
Also a new madVR version.  https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t...&page=2418
 Hi brazen1:

I very quickly, after my post to you, realized that your post was not in response to my query alone, but for some others as well. My apologies. 

I certainly don't disagree with you. Your solution, instructions and methodology is impeccable and should provide the most economical and quality solution for just about everyone. I also agree that the bottleneck on my end is either something in my system or my GT 1030. I don't believe it is impossible for this combination to work w/ GT 1030, cause if it were, it wouldn't work for anyone. But it does for some. So the bottleneck may either be some hardware, software, or a combination in my system. 

I also strongly agree with you regarding the nuisance of turning HDR on & off manually in Windows, in order to use PDVD or Movies & TV App. This was an oversight on my part. I didn't realize this. While Movies & TV App actually turns ON the setting in Windows automatically as soon as you playback UHD HDR, it does not turn it off - leaving the Windows Desktop washed out. PDVD neither turns it ON or OFF, and would require manual intervention. 

I entirely understand the benefit of using the LAV Filters + MadVR + MPC-BE combo, no questions asked, unfortunately since it's not working with my hardware/software, I have to look at alternates. 

Before I do so, however, I'm going to download the latest versions you posted and try to fiddle w/ MadVR's settings some more. Since there is no official "low" setting, I just have to play with all settings. If there's anything you can recommend, I would highly appreciate it. 

In my case - there are no ISOs. Only UHD HDR MKV containers. And I'm only using the MadVR combo for UHD (2160p) playback. No upscaling/downscaling, etc. 

Thanks! 
 I'd like to see nothing more than you get that 1030 going.  I'm reserved about that though.  Just the same, I'm pulling for you.
Fwiw, I've come to learn that PowerDVD requires some to manually switch on/off Windows HDR and for others it is automatic.
Those with SGX enabled motherboards and Kaby lake CPU combo is automatic because they meet PowerDVD's UHD HDR requirement. 
For anyone else like me that doesn't, it apparently isn't automatic.

@ brazen1
as per your suggestion inserting the line  <rule filename=".*HEVC.*" player="PotPlayer"/> it works great , only drawback , insert manually in the file name HEVC on over 300 Movies ,  it would take an application to do this and that I I do not know.

Thanks so much , much appreciated your suggestions!
OK. on the false line of automation for PCF , I changed a bit of variables in my  PCF , I have resumed again MPC-HC.

now I have three automatic external players forvarious contents :

MPC-HC: for contents 1080p and 800p ( by the way ) with the line  <rule filename=".*HEVC.*" player="MPC-HC"/>   I did not have inserted in the file name nobody HEVC ,default MPC-HC for contents 1080p and 800p in container  MKV. work OK.

PotPlayer: for contents in iso and / or folder BDMV/CERIFICATE 4K and HDR

MPC-BE: for contents 4K / HDR in container  MKV.

only discordant note is that , when it is played with MPC-HC  the movie it is not reproduced full screen .

so mine PCF

<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\MPC-HC.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
            <hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
            <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
            <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
            </player>
        <player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\MPC-BE64.exe</filename>
            </player>
        <player name="PotPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini.exe</filename>
            </player>
    </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
          <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts"player="PotPlayer"/>
            <rule filename=".*HEVC.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
              <rule filename=".*HDR10.*|.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*" player="MPC-BE"/>
        </rules>
<playercorefactory>
Did you adjust setting in MPC-HC 'open in fullscreen'?

(2018-01-18, 04:59)brazen1 Wrote:
(2018-01-17, 17:47)luci5r Wrote:

Hi brazen1:

Thanks!  
 I'd like to see nothing more than you get that 1030 going.  I'm reserved about that though.  Just the same, I'm pulling for you.
Fwiw, I've come to learn that PowerDVD requires some to manually switch on/off Windows HDR and for others it is automatic.
Those with SGX enabled motherboards and Kaby lake CPU combo is automatic because they meet PowerDVD's UHD HDR requirement. 
For anyone else like me that doesn't, it apparently isn't automatic. 

That's good to know! Thanks! Since I don't have Kaby Lake or SGX enables motherboards, it wouldn't do automatic switching for me - otherwise, since I already have PowerDVD, it would have been an optimal solution for me. 

I've actually received some good advice & configuration suggestions from madshi over at doom9 (you may have seen my post in the MadVR forum). I'm going to give his suggestions a try this weekend and see if that works. Over at doom9 I've found more people w/ GT 1030 and a working setup, so I'm more positive now. Will post back either way. 

Thanks for all your help!
(2018-01-18, 17:42)brazen1 Wrote: Did you adjust setting in MPC-HC 'open in fullscreen'?
 Brazen1 , right observation , indeed  , ( start files in full screen ) is deactivated . Anyway ,  I installed version a 64 bit for mpc-hc and edited path for PCF.
from the first checks , I have to say everything works perfectly .
I join .Thanks for all your help!
Forgot , all other contents that does not I'm associated to the three external players in PCF , they are reproduced by default from DSPlayer.
Hello brazen1,

I have everything working now, with the exception of closing MPC-BE and returning to Kodi using my remote.  I mapped long pressing the "Exit" key in my Harmony Ultimate to "Alt-F4" (sequence using the MCE Keyboard device: Alt for first step, F4 for second step).  Playback stops, the screen goes black, I briefly see the mouse cursor, and then the screen remains black, and does not go back to Kodi.  It would seem MPC-BE does not exit.  I have to use a keyboard and press Esc, and then MPC-BE exits full screen, and using the mouse I close its window, and then Kodi comes back.

Is there any other setting I need to change in MPC-BE? Exit is mapped to Alt-F4.

My only other issue is with colors on my TV, which I don't like.  I have a Sony XBR55X800E.  I calibrated it using an X-Rite i1 Display PRO meter and ChromaPure software, but I still don't like the colors, they look a little washed out, especially in 4K movies.  I don't know whether it is the combination of my GTX 1050Ti and that display, or if it is the display itself.

Playing a 4K Blu-Ray through my Sony 4K Blu-Ray player gives me the same results, so I figured it could be my AVR causing the issue.  I tried hooking the Blu-Ray player directly to the TV, and also the PC directly to the TV, but I still get the same results.  All of my HDMI cables are high-speed cables.

The weird thing is that if I play a 4K HDR YouTube video through the TV's YouTube app, it looks excellent.  I have not figured out what is going on with this, and I am seriously thinking of changing the TV.

Do you know if there is anyone that is playing 4K HDR movies through Kodi the way we are, using a LG OLED TV hooked via an AVR? I ask, since I am looking at a 55 inch LG OLED B7.

Anyway, thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Bart
(2018-01-21, 19:26)bsoriano Wrote: Do you know if there is anyone that is playing 4K HDR movies through Kodi the way we are, using a LG OLED TV hooked via an AVR? I ask, since I am looking at a 55 inch LG OLED B7.

Anyway, thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Bart
 All my 4K / HDR movies they are reproduced through Kodi ,  obviously , with external players  as MPC-BE , MPC-HC and PotPlayer and maybe even with PwerDVD , my GPU connection it's direct  to a TV OLED LG-55C7  from one of the 2 doors HDMI  of my graphics card  nVidia 1080 Ti. The second  and remaining door  HDMI of the  GPU is connected to a AVR Pioneer , just to pass the audio multimedia HD. with HDMI 1.4 it passes only 4K to 30Hz. is unprovided of  passthrough video HDR , not having door HDMI 2.0 and HDCP2.2. with cables HDMI High-Speed .
Then , It depends on the specifications of your AVR. If HDMI 2.0 and HDCP2.2 they are not supported on the AVR , I believe it is the only solution to be adopted .
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39