Release GlobalSearch for Kodi Leia
(2018-01-16, 09:10)MacGyver Wrote: Have you thought of a way to still be able to use search specifically?

I have a whole sub-menu under search with Actors, Director, Episodes, etc. launched via:
RunScript(script.globalsearch,movies=true)
and
RunScript(script.globalsearch,directors=true)
etc.

thanx for the report!

i didn't realize it didn't work anymore. the functionality is still present in globalsearch, but i obviously didn't test it :-)
will have a look what's going on...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
fixed in script.globalsearch-8.0.1
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-01-14, 19:05)ronie Wrote: well, after struggling with it for hours, i now know i'm unqualified to make the needed changes in kodi ;-)
 Hi Ronie,

Thanks for looking at this, sounds like you spent more time on it that maybe you should have. Maybe one of the other devs (@spiff or @xhaggi seem to have some sort of handle on json stuff) could jump in with some suggestions. Either way does not take away from what you have given us, just would be nice to have if we could.

Wyrm
the json interface is fine, but we're lacking on the python side.

it not possible to set infolabels for addons (and epg items as well), like we can for music/video/pictures
https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py...2888fb5f14
(2018-01-16, 18:17)ronie Wrote: the json interface is fine, but we're lacking on the python side.

it not possible to set infolabels for addons (and epg items as well), like we can for music/video/pictures
https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py...2888fb5f14

Ok, that is well and truely beyond my pay grade. While I can generally read C++ fine, you would not want me stomping thru your codebase. Does seem like an interesting oversight not to support addons and pvr, guess it slipped thru the cracks when these where added.

Maybe Obi-Wan might come save us.

Wyrm
You work fast.

My only thought is that maybe a general search should return a list of everything with that search string (movies, television, episodes, shows, actors, directors, artists, and songs) and selecting from a person list in those results (in actors, directors, or artists lists) should yield a list of media they are in, and those results should be just like you had before but include all media they appear in (movies, episodes, songs).

As it is right now, an actors specific search will show you every movie with a "Jennifer" , but no television or artists or songs that might have a Jennifer as an actor, same with directors specific search.  That is assuming that the skinner even skins support for those specific searches, whereas the method outlined above would make them unneeded in the first place.

Just my 2 cents, thanks again for taking on the task of making it skin-able.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Is it just me or is the info for tvshows a little funkie. Smile When it works it seems to display some random episode info.
ronie is aware of the problem -

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13385
(2018-01-18, 11:34)Hitcher Wrote: ronie is aware of the problem -

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13385
 Thanks for the info, wasn't aware it was more of a core issue.
Cheers.
(2018-01-17, 06:15)MacGyver Wrote: My only thought is that maybe a general search should return a list of everything with that search string (movies, television, episodes, shows, actors, directors, artists, and songs) and selecting from a person list in those results (in actors, directors, or artists lists) should yield a list of media they are in, and those results should be just like you had before but include all media they appear in (movies, episodes, songs).

As it is right now, an actors specific search will show you every movie with a "Jennifer" , but no television or artists or songs that might have a Jennifer as an actor, same with directors specific search.
 an artist that might have Jennifer as an actor??
i'm sorry, but i'm a bit confused what you're trying to say :-)
Sorry if I was unclear before.  What I meant was that a general search should give all library results separated into categories (movies, television, episodes, shows, actors, directors, artists, and songs), and selecting from a "person" category should show you a list of names, selecting one of those should then display that credit type across all categories.

Right now there is no way to search for an actors name, so if you don't know the exact spelling of someone (Steve BuscHuh? ) then you when you do a search for actor named Steve, it shows you all movies with an actor named Steve in them.
But if it displayed a list of all actors that match that name in a list and you could select the right one, then it could display all search results from the library that contain that actor (movies, episodes, music videos). Thereby not just showing every movie containing Steve Buscemi, but all the guest appearances and acting roles he had in any TV episodes in the library, as well as any music videos he has a credit in.

A directors search should behave the same as actors, displaying a list of directors names that match, and selecting one shows every piece of media they have a director credit in.

Right now searching for an actor named "Steve" will show you every movie with every actor named Steve in it and nothing else. 

There is also no way currently to search for television actors at all.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
@ronie: excellent work as always, very nice improvements

I have come across one issue though. For episodes Listitem.Title is currently returning SX0E.EpisodeTitle, which I feel isn't right. This should be returned by ListItem.Label (which it does), and ListItem.Title should return just the (episode) title.
I have experienced exactly the same thing and I completely agree.
thx! will be fixed in v8.0.2
Thanks a lot!

And great work by the way. This opens up for a lot of new possibilities.

Is there a way to display the number of items found for each category: movies, tv shows, episodes etc?
Before it was possible using Container(xx).NumItems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch for Kodi Leia1