Can Kodi bitstream on Xbox One?
(2018-01-18, 15:26)janherko Wrote:
(2018-01-18, 14:52)jjd-uk Wrote: I would guess restricting the use of bitstream is a deliberate decision by Microsoft, as if they force all apps to use PCM audio then they can mix in system sounds such as notifications or whatever, perhaps they maybe nervous of giving app the exclusive access for bitstreaming since only the in use app can provide sounds thus they maybe wary of whether this could result in a support burden of explaining to users why they are not getting sounds from other apps or the OS.
definitely makes sense, but why not then make an option in settings to switch off all system sounds, notifications etc. if one chose "system-wide" bitstream in audio settings...or better yet, user would be automatically notified of "system sounds off", when choosing the bitstream option. Inept Microsoft. 
 Because, to be honest, while I personally agree wholeheartedly to your point of view, you expect too much from such a wide audience. People can claim basically anything, people can complain about basically anything.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
true, but advertising the product as a complex gaming/media console (best in the world, etc.) is way too bold, when in reality a regular audio setting such as system-wide bitstream, found on ANY bluray player on the market, is just not on menu...
And I´m guessing Microsoft is more than capable of fixing this, just have no idea what´s their problem.
Quote:Microsoft is more than capable of fixing this, just have no idea what´s their problem.
They look from a broader perspective.
How many users need more than 7.1?
Atmos amplifiers are very expensive, minority of minority is using this.

Like others said, this feature isn't user friendly. There is high probability more people will be confused than use Atmos in reality.
If you do software for average Joe, you need consider facts like that.

Also notice that BR UHD has been cracked month ago. Earlier there was no point in existing that feature for 3rd party apps. Corporations don't work that fast.
Microsoft is in AACS group they can't obscenely add that feature day after keys leak.

All you can do is a request on Xbox UserVoice.
Yes, you’re right and I’m totally aware of the circumstances...
Like you said, not so many average Joes are into this:

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186...=Bitstream

Mike Ybarra should be more cautious then, when spreading away some info, which eventually turns out into scam.
(2018-01-19, 14:19)janherko Wrote: true, but advertising the product as a complex gaming/media console (best in the world, etc.) is way too bold, when in reality a regular audio setting such as system-wide bitstream, found on ANY bluray player on the market, is just not on menu...
And I´m guessing Microsoft is more than capable of fixing this, just have no idea what´s their problem.
 On the other hand, they do offer Atmos on Netflix and they do offer full bitstreaming on Bluray. Don't know if other streaming services offer Atmos and/or see that supported through their Xbox app.
I personally find much more limiting the absence of refresh rate switching on Netflix, to be honest.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I have a handful of HD audio demos in different formats (Atmos, True HD, DD+, DTS HD, DTS:X). When I play them back thru Movies or Media Player (both MS apps), I can only get those in Atmos in bitstream, i.e. my AVR displays Atmos as an incoming signal...any other format is either played back in PCM or I don’t get any sound at all.

That means bitstream is already supported for the MS proprietary apps, but only for Dolby Atmos.
can't say I'm completely following...

VUDU app also outputs Dolby Atmos.

You're saying this is running in Edge?
yes, it´s most likely the case as with Netflix...there has been 2 more system updates on Xbox over the last 2 weeks, can´t see any change in settings or Movies app regarding bitstream.
Hmm...

pretty sure VUDU and Netflix are UWP apps, so not exactly following why KODI would be different...
(2018-02-05, 14:42)fganter Wrote: Hmm...

pretty sure VUDU and Netflix are UWP apps, so not exactly following why KODI would be different...
developers around here would shed some more light on this, I´m guessing...
We've already said, those are simple HTML based UWP apps that run there content through the Microsoft Edge browser.
same problem, Thanks afedchin

(2018-01-19, 22:00)janherko Wrote: Mike Ybarra should be more cautious then, when spreading away some info, which eventually turns out into scam.
 Ppl gave the man too much credit (because he is an MS exec...) he said some dumb things about Xbox One and 4K months before its launch on Nov 2013.

Then the thing was only able to sustain 900p/30 in almost all titles and get a couple of first party games at 1080.
guys keep in mind that Netflix and Vudu are not TrueHD atmos.  They use DD+ which is lossy so it is not the same thing.  Otherwise people can just use the plex web app to direct play these files with real audio right?
(2018-01-20, 20:53)janherko Wrote: I have a handful of HD audio demos in different formats (Atmos, True HD, DD+, DTS HD, DTS:X). When I play them back thru Movies or Media Player (both MS apps), I can only get those in Atmos in bitstream, i.e. my AVR displays Atmos as an incoming signal...any other format is either played back in PCM or I don’t get any sound at all.

That means bitstream is already supported for the MS proprietary apps, but only for Dolby Atmos.
 Interesting. I also have a bunch of Atmos demo files that I tried playing in the Film & TV app (why have they changed the name, I don't know. In the store it still appears as Movies & TV).
None of the Atmos tracks played. I have bitstream enabled and Dolby Atmos selected.
What I found was that if there was an AC3 track in addition to the Atmos one, then it got played. But if there was only an Atmos track I got no sound. This is on a new One S, by the way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Kodi bitstream on Xbox One?0