Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
PM sent would love to try...Thanks for this
(2018-01-26, 10:00)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-01-26, 06:13)havlc2u Wrote: Can you add me also when you get a chance

Just send me your Amazon Alexa connected email in PM, so I can add you

It won't let me private message you for some reason  [email protected] 
(2018-01-26, 14:46)hslansky Wrote:
(2018-01-26, 14:41)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-01-26, 14:26)hslansky Wrote: Hi there, sent you my email address in a PM. Please let me when you have added me, as of right now I cannot see the skill.
 Hi, I've already added you (for some reason, I can't reply to any PMs).
And is your Amazon accounts content set to either US, UK, or DE? Because currently it only works for those countries. 

Yes, it is set to US. Do I need to do anything to add the skill or does it just show up? I assume it should be in the my skills section. 
As with others, you should have received an email from Amazon with further instructions, and then it should also be available in "My Skills" section in Alexa app
(2018-01-26, 16:00)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-01-26, 14:46)hslansky Wrote:
(2018-01-26, 14:41)tkislan Wrote:  Hi, I've already added you (for some reason, I can't reply to any PMs).
And is your Amazon accounts content set to either US, UK, or DE? Because currently it only works for those countries. 

Yes, it is set to US. Do I need to do anything to add the skill or does it just show up? I assume it should be in the my skills section.  
As with others, you should have received an email from Amazon with further instructions, and then it should also be available in "My Skills" section in Alexa app 
I have not received an email, even checked my spam folder.  Can you please try setting me up again....thanks!!
Nevermind, I was looking for an email from Amazon or Alexa, it actually came from you.
(2018-01-26, 16:06)hslansky Wrote: Nevermind, I was looking for an email from Amazon or Alexa, it actually came from you.
 Ah, does it actually send it on my behalf? Didn't know that. Thx for info
Great news, set up the skill and pretty much just worked!! Can you please let everyone now what commands does the skill support? So far I have tried:
Alexa, play <movie>
Alexa, pause
Alexa, resume

All of those worked.

I also tried:
Alexa, stop. .... this actually pauses the movie as opposed to doing a true stop
Alexa, fast forward ... this says there is a problem with the Kodi video skill.
I can also comfrim that the email comes from you. Your Gmail address.
RPi3+ LE v9.0 (+ HDHomeRun ATSC tuner, Tvh, Comskip, zap2epg)

A95X LE v8.2 (kszaq)
(2018-01-26, 17:03)hslansky Wrote: Great news, set up the skill and pretty much just worked!! Can you please let everyone now what commands does the skill support? So far I have tried:
Alexa, play <movie>
Alexa, pause
Alexa, resume

All of those worked.

I also tried:
Alexa, stop. .... this actually pauses the movie as opposed to doing a true stop
Alexa, fast forward ... this says there is a problem with the Kodi video skill.

Currently mostly finding and playing stuff, pause/resume .. stop is probably bug on Amazon side, since it send Pause command
And you can play requested episode from tv show, or next unwatched one if not specified
I’ll push changes during weekend that will allow to find and display movies from library, and move to fastforwarding, and seeking in general in next week
When will you have English-CA available. Would love to test here in Canada.
Or if you can provide your skill setup maybe we can make our own skill part and I can make in English-CA
Thanks
(2018-01-29, 17:46)drizzt09 Wrote: When will you have English-CA available. Would love to test here in Canada.
Or if you can provide your skill setup maybe we can make our own skill part and I can make in English-CA
Thanks
Allowed countries is something that Amazon is restricting. So as soon as they open it to other countries, it should be available to you.
Canada has been available since December. Except with the skill you have to add the appropriate language. English-US and english-UK was there. Now there is English-CA. Just need to add another language tab to your skill and add English-CA
(2018-01-29, 20:40)drizzt09 Wrote: Canada has been available since December. Except with the skill you have to add the appropriate language. English-US and english-UK was there. Now there is English-CA. Just need to add another language tab to your skill and add English-CA
Can you provide a link with that claim? I couldn't find it anywhere.
Because as soon as I've added these 3 languages, I cannot add any more.
Well when I go to https://developer.amazon.com/edw/home.html#/skills I have 3 skills created. Here is a screenshot of the other kodi skill which has English-CA and English-US
Looks like it lists as English (Canada).
Maybe there is a 3 language limit?Image
(2018-01-29, 21:34)drizzt09 Wrote: Well when I go to https://developer.amazon.com/edw/home.html#/skills I have 3 skills created. Here is a screenshot of the other kodi skill which has English-CA and English-US
Looks like it lists as English (Canada).
Maybe there is a 3 language limit?
And are those Video Skills? Because they probably have different rules than yours. It's even different from the rest of Smart Home skills. And Custom skills have completely different rules.
I remember, that when I was adding DE as last language, there was only that one available in dropdown.
You can actually try to create one yourself quickly, and see, that there is no CA option available.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8