• 7(current)
Alpha Daily Github x64 builds
@sanjonny

I have removed your log as we do not allow logs to be posted in the forum.

Repost your log:
  1. Locate a Pastebin type site. Two examples are https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/
  2. Paste the contents of the kodi.log file
  3. Press Paste or Generate or Create New Paste
  4. When the screen refreshes with your paste, copy the entire address in the address bar and paste it into a new message in your thread
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Seriously dude, what is your problem, on this page and the three before it there are log entries posted by people. I just posted the relevant section like the others did. There are like 4 lines somebody who knows what they are doing needs to look at. I'm guessing you are not a value add person, right? You are not don't outrushing or trouble shooting, just gong around deleting stuff that is relevant. Perhaps you could answer the question. Did you save what you deleted? Because it night not exist anymore since I had to revert. 

So now they probably can't fix the problem since you could not add value. Oh and don't start. You are going to have to edit literally thousands of posts. What about helping purple? That is what Dan does? Do you have a solution to the issue? Such petty crud. I'm trying to help improve the software, how does it help for you to delete relevant info? Why are there code tags even available?
@sanjonny

Chill out. If you abided by the forum rules and not posted logs in the forum, then your path and my path would never have crossed in this way.

No, I cannot help you. This is DanCooper's forum and his software. I only come through for housekeeping purposes.

Post it at a pastebin site. It will take you less than a minute to call up the site, paste, save and copy link. A non-issue in my books.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-26, 16:50)calexicoca Wrote: With all due respect Dan, your short and not very clear responses make me feel stupid.
The same thing I thought about your questions ...

(2018-01-26, 16:50)calexicoca Wrote: I posted questions about filters because if I want to filter sources on specific drive but for some drives/folders it works and for some it doesn't
If some of them work and others not... why do you don't tell me some examples of not working sources? I mean that only can be an issue with sources names or something similar.

(2018-01-26, 16:50)calexicoca Wrote: My follow up question was why on the tab of the filters window it says "inactive" (when obviously they are active - even on the screen capture you provided it says - inactive).
I think that info is correct and works with any filter that can be enable in this panel. Why do you don't tell me which one is enabled while the info still say "inactive"?

(2018-01-26, 16:50)calexicoca Wrote: If the correct way to activate filter is to use the button to rise up the panel, even when it is risen it still says - inactive.
No. The info active/inactive is to infor the user about the filter state without it being necessary to show/rise up the panel.

(2018-01-26, 16:50)calexicoca Wrote: So I asked that and got a question back from you - do I have filters activated?!? Of course I have them "activated" although they are labeled as - inactive.
Look, I'm daily answer questions like "can't save movieset images. Do I've to set a folder that can be used to save iamges?" .... "Yes, of cource! That's the reason why there is a "set folder to save movieset images" field below all movie set file names!".
So that was not a joke, that was a serious question.

(2018-01-26, 16:50)calexicoca Wrote: Please don't get upset with my frustration.
No problem Big Grin
Nice to see you again Big Grin I hope you don't miss the "offline media manager" in the current version ;-)

(2018-01-27, 19:48)CaptainKen Wrote: I have everything checked in "Edit -> Settings ->Options-General -> Main Window" except for "display language flags" and "display small fanart"
That's only for the frontend and has nothig to do with you problem. So you can enable or disable what you want.

(2018-01-27, 19:48)CaptainKen Wrote: From within "Edit -> Settings ->Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming" I have tried enabling/disabling Frodo Helix, Eden and Kodi Interface with no change in displayed results.
Your old file names does not fully match any standard. <filename>-poster.jpg and <filename>-fanart.jpg is correct for Frodo/Helix, but you've also to rename the NFO to <filename>.nfo.
Alternatively, you can also specify your own file names in the expert settings (Settings => Movies => Files and Sources => File Naming => Expert). Depending on your source settings you've to set the file names for Single (separate folder for each movie) and/or Multi, also for VIDEO_TS and BDMV if you've movies with this folder structure.

Here is list of all file names that will use be the default settings: Link

(2018-01-27, 19:48)CaptainKen Wrote: Zero information for any Movie Sets is displayed.
Moviesets will be created if an NFO has a <set> node or if you scrape a movie. To store images for movie sets you've to enable all image types you want and set a common folder for all movie set images in Settings => Moviesets => Files and Sources => File Naming. You can find more information about movieset handing and syncing to Kodi in this tutorial: Link
Wow you have a good memory about the offline files...I'm impressed!  Fortunately I moved away from that.

Nice to see you moved the media loading popups in bottom right corner of display when scraping to the EMM status bar!

1) The NFO data not showing up I have to blame on User error, as I got so used to having the data unhidden in my old copy that I forgot you had to unhide it.

Before I continue, all of my movies are each in their own folder.

2) Thanks for the tip about using Expert settings. After I entered the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, click apply and OK the screen flashed like it was attempting to update but nothing happened. I had to press F5 (reload) on the movie and then poster and fanart columns were ticked for that movie and the artwork showed up. So looks like I'll have to update the entire library to get it to show up because closing and opening EMM had no effect either.

3) I've never not used AWD. It sounds like you're saying that Artwork Downloader has to be used in order for poster.jpg and fanart.jpg to be recognized by Kodi?

4) While I haven't created an NFO of each MovieSet, neither of my MovieSets poster.jpg or fanart.jpg are showing up. I have never used a common folder for any MovieSets and I'm hoping that you're not going to tell me it is mandatory in EMM, since it's not in Kodi.

5) I see that the new Edit MovieSet window has a "Search Movie" field, which was something I always missed. However, there are no movies showing up in the left pane as shown here. So no way to search for or add movies to a set.  I'm using the <set></set> node in each movies nfo, and I don't use the "TMDB Collection ID".

6) If I don't enable Movies->Files and Sources->File Naming->Expert->Actor Thumbs, does that mean the .actor folder won't be created or populated?

7) Export Movies "template-moviehomepage" doesn't display any posters or fanart.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2018-01-29, 03:53)CaptainKen Wrote: 2) Thanks for the tip about using Expert settings. After I entered the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, click apply and OK the screen flashed like it was attempting to update but nothing happened. I had to press F5 (reload) on the movie and then poster and fanart columns were ticked for that movie and the artwork showed up. So looks like I'll have to update the entire library to get it to show up because closing and opening EMM had no effect either.
Yes, you've to manually reload all movies in order to find new added file names. You can also use Tools => Reload all Movies instead of selecting all entries and press F5.

(2018-01-29, 03:53)CaptainKen Wrote: 3) I've never not used AWD. It sounds like you're saying that Artwork Downloader has to be used in order for poster.jpg and fanart.jpg to be recognized by Kodi?
Kodi supports many different naming scheme, also movie.nfo and poster.jpg for import, but use always <filename>-imagetype.ext for export (exept for VIDEO_TS and BDMV directories and tv shows). That's the reason why I've used the same for "Kodi default" and "Extended default".
AD has always used some different file names. The problem with AD is that it has only worked for movies inside own movie folders (e.g. poster.jpg is not unique and can be used if you've multiple movies inside one folder).

(2018-01-29, 03:53)CaptainKen Wrote: 4) While I haven't created an NFO of each MovieSet, neither of my MovieSets poster.jpg or fanart.jpg are showing up. I have never used a common folder for any MovieSets and I'm hoping that you're not going to tell me it is mandatory in EMM, since it's not in Kodi.
Movieset NFOs are only usefull for Ember, Kodi can't read it. Kodi has added a new feature to save the plot also in the movie NFO. Ember support that also, you can enable that in Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data => Collections => Save extended collection information to NFO. With that option enabled is no longer needed to create NFO for moviesets.
Kodi does not really support movieset images. It's only possible to add these images manually in the GUI. You can add these images only with the Kodi addon "Movieset Artwork Automator" or sync it with the Ember module "Kodi Interface" (the better way). Ember supports only "a common folder for all movieset images", "images in parent directory" is not supported since it's not really possible to determine, if a movie folder is really inside a movieset folder or not.

(2018-01-29, 03:53)CaptainKen Wrote: 5) I see that the new Edit MovieSet window has a "Search Movie" field, which was something I always missed. However, there are no movies showing up in the left pane as shown here. So no way to search for or add movies to a set.  I'm using the <set></set> node in each movies nfo, and I don't use the "TMDB Collection ID".
The list will be loaded if you click the search button. With an empty search box, all movies will bi listed.

(2018-01-29, 03:53)CaptainKen Wrote: 6) If I don't enable Movies->Files and Sources->File Naming->Expert->Actor Thumbs, does that mean the .actor folder won't be created or populated?
If you've no Actor Thumbs file name enabled, no files will be readed or created.

(2018-01-29, 03:53)CaptainKen Wrote: 7) Export Movies "template-moviehomepage" doesn't display any posters or fanart.
Works for me, but only if Ember has recognized the images (green flags in the media lists).
Smile 
(2018-01-29, 00:31)DanCooper Wrote:
(2018-01-26, 16:50)calexicoca Wrote: I posted questions about filters because if I want to filter sources on specific drive but for some drives/folders it works and for some it doesn't
If some of them work and others not... why do you don't tell me some examples of not working sources? I mean that only can be an issue with sources names or something similar.   
We cool? Smile I am sorry...

Anyways here is the list of all my TV show sources
I can see these when I select them in filters/Sources
"D:\-=DOWNLOADS=-\[TV - TBS]"
"Q:\[MEDIA]\TV"
"J:\[TV]"
"L:\TV"

None of the content from these sources shows in the list

"\\WDMYCLOUD\Media\TV\[TV Shows]"
"\\WDMYCLOUD\Media\TV\[Reality]"
"\\WDMYCLOUD\Media\TV\[Documentaries]"
"S:\MEDIA\[TV]\[Foreign]"
"S:\MEDIA\[TV]\[British]"
"S:\MEDIA\[TV]\[Documentaries]"
"S:\MEDIA\[TV]\[Reality]"
"S:\MEDIA\[TV]\[TV Series]"

They all scrape fine.
(2018-01-29, 17:55)calexicoca Wrote: D:\-=DOWNLOADS=-\[TV - TBS]

We cool!

The problem is that the following chars are forbidden (or ends up with a wrong result) in some cases for SQL queries:
Code:
[
]
%
'
"

So if you fix your source names (only the name, not the path) then it should be work.

EDIT: "L:\" should be work btw
(2018-01-29, 18:37)DanCooper Wrote:
(2018-01-29, 17:55)calexicoca Wrote: D:\-=DOWNLOADS=-\[TV - TBS]

We cool!

The problem is that the following chars are forbidden (or ends up with a wrong result) in some cases for SQL queries:
Code:
[
]
%
'
"

So if you fix your source names (only the name, not the path) then it should be work.

EDIT: "L:\" should be work btw 
Yeah, that was the problem. Thanks!
Thank you Dan for taking the time to reply so quick and with all the in-depth details. I now understand. As always you're the man!

One last question. What's the trick to getting the TV Show episode thumbs <filename>-thumb.jpg to be created?
Settings->TV Shows-Files and Sources->File Naming->Export->Episode->Fanart is the only place I could find.

UPDATE: I have 2nd question. In Export Movie List there are dropdown lists for Movies and TV Shows. I assume that they are populated from Filters section in bottom left corner of main window.  This Filter section also has a dropdown list. However, I don't see any way to save a Filter? Also what are Custom #1-#4 check boxes?
(2018-01-30, 06:36)CaptainKen Wrote: What's the trick to getting the TV Show episode thumbs <filename>-thumb.jpg to be created?
Set this pattern into the "Poster" textbox.

(2018-01-30, 06:36)CaptainKen Wrote: In Export Movie List there are dropdown lists for Movies and TV Shows. I assume that they are populated from Filters section in bottom left corner of main window.  This Filter section also has a dropdown list. However, I don't see any way to save a Filter?
You can create custom SQL queries in Settings => Misc => Media List Editor. All created views/queries will be added in both dropdown lists. Check this thread for some examples or if you've any question: Link
Atm there is no way to save your filter panel settings to a template.

(2018-01-30, 06:36)CaptainKen Wrote: Also what are Custom #1-#4 check boxes?
These are alternative markers instead of the red mark. You can mark it over the context menu or with CTRL+1-4. You can also set a name and a color in Settings => Movies => General => Custom Markers for it.
Thank you again Dan!
Dan,

Is there a limit to the number of characters, or perhaps dashes or spaces, that can exist in the path for a file? This would be something other than the built in 250 character limit that Windows has.

The reason for asking is that I'm running into an issue getting Ember to pickup the media details with MediaInfo for some of my titles.

Non-Working Example:
V:\4K Movies\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (2010)\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1.bluray.mkv

I originally through it may have been purely length related, but the following naming examples work.
V:\4K Movies\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (2010)\Harry Potter the Deathly Hallows23456 - 012345678.90.mkv
V:\4K Movies\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (2010)\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1 Part 1.bluray.mkv

The first example above contains just as many dots and dashes as the one that doesn't work. The second example contains the same number of dots and spaces, just 1 less dash.

I've been playing around with this a bit, but I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason as to why the first one doesn't work, but the latter two do.

If it helps, the scraping of the metadata seems to return something as the Meta Data box shows 1 Video Stream and 1 Audio stream, but there are no details. But this could be a default value from Ember in the event of a failure.

Finally, I am able to execute MediaInfo on the original filename with no issues.
(2018-02-03, 20:16)FordPrefect138 Wrote: I originally through it may have been purely length related, but the following naming examples work.
V:\4K Movies\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (2010)\Harry Potter the Deathly Hallows23456 - 012345678.90.mkv
V:\4K Movies\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (2010)\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1 Part 1.bluray.mkv

Both are ways under 250 chars, so that's not the problem. I really don't know why metadata scraping fails. Is there any hint in the Ember log file?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Daily Github x64 builds1