Moving from another tool to Ember Media Manager.,.. help with setting up please?
Crap... one more question.....

How do I set up Ember to rename files and move them to correct folders?

I currently use another tool that takes files, search TVDB or another source and renames to preferred format , then moves to a folder structure suitable for TV or Movies.

Does Emby do this? or do the files need to be in correctly named folders first?
Run the auto-scraper in small parts like 100 movies at one time. It's still alpha and sometimes Ember crashes and can't write back the changes to the database. At this point the images and NFOs are finally written but you cant's see that in Ember and it's a mess to reload the whole archive from disk to find out, which one has already been done.
(2018-01-29, 01:27)ping182nz Wrote: How do I set up Ember to rename files and move them to correct folders?

Enable the module "Renamer" and set it how you want the files. It's a little bit difficult to tell you the right settings. I've all my movies in a own folder and want a collection sub-folder, if the movie is in a collection. Also I use only the title for folder and file name. I use this pattern:

Folder:
Code:
$B\{$N\}$T
$B is needed if you use more than one "level" of folders and means "source path". So each movie folder will be moved into the source or collection directory.

File:
Code:
$T
Thanks, so the files have to be in a source folder then ember can rename etc....?
if my movies are stored here M:\Avengers (XXXX)

and my Movie Set Art forlder is M:\MovieSetArt

Do I need to do anything special to exclude MovieSetArt folder?
What is the general workflow that is supposed to be done to get movies or tv shows all sorted...

1. Add source
2. Select 100 movies
3. Right click, scrape 

Then continue?

What is mark or unmark mean?

What is the red versus the black titles in the movie list?
(2018-01-29, 02:07)ping182nz Wrote: Do I need to do anything special to exclude MovieSetArt folder?
No. As long as the folder does not contain any video files it will be ignored.

(2018-01-29, 02:01)ping182nz Wrote: Thanks, so the files have to be in a source folder then ember can rename etc....?
I don't fully understand your question.
Ember can rename any file. If you have enabled "each movie in separate folder" in your source settings, than Ember moves all video file that are directly stored in your source path into own folders. Depending on your renamer settings the movies will be renamed automatically after scraping, edit or only if you manually start the renamer via context menu or in the Tools menu.

(2018-01-29, 11:47)ping182nz Wrote: What is mark or unmark mean?
Marked movies has a red title. That mark can be used as filter. The mark will only be removed if you use the "unmark all" button or via context menu.
Thank you so much for your help with this!

I am just up to M in my movie list.... still a a lot to go as well as 250 TV Shows!

When I get new content I copy the files to the correct place and then what? What do I press in Ember to update? (tv and Movies, separate)

How do I rename a movie to a aka or even just a manual name? i.e. No escape = Escape from absolom
(2018-01-31, 08:44)ping182nz Wrote: When I get new content I copy the files to the correct place and then what? What do I press in Ember to update? (tv and Movies, separate)
Use the Update button to scan your sources for new content.

(2018-01-31, 08:44)ping182nz Wrote: How do I rename a movie to a aka or even just a manual name? i.e. No escape = Escape from absolom
Use the "Edit" dialog (double click or context menu).
Thanks Dan, Thinks are ticking along now...

When mannualy looking at a movie, on the trailer tab it says no media players installed? what do I need to do?

Then when scraping a trailer it says no modules enabled where it shows preview.... what needs to happen here?

I am using a BETA version of Ember.... that didnt install, i just selected portable....  when I need to upgrade to a different build, how do I upgrade without losing stuff?

Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.90-alpha.git.a3ddee2.exe unpacked to C:\Ember Media Manager BETA

To upgrade to i just download the newest build and put over the same folder on C:\?

When scraping for Trailers, is there any way for Ember to ask you for what selection you want every time rather than auto?
(2018-02-04, 11:07)ping182nz Wrote: When mannualy looking at a movie, on the trailer tab it says no media players installed? what do I need to do?
Nothing. Atm there is no player addon that works. You can double click on an entry to show a preview in our browser.
(2018-02-04, 11:07)ping182nz Wrote: When scraping for Trailers, is there any way for Ember to ask you for what selection you want every time rather than auto?
Only if you scraper the whole movie manually or if you use the trailer tab in the edit dialog.
(2018-02-04, 11:07)ping182nz Wrote: I am using a BETA version of Ember.... that didnt install, i just selected portable....  when I need to upgrade to a different build, how do I upgrade without losing stuff?
It's important to install each new version over an existing. Only the install wizard cleans up your install directory from no longer used dll's and other stuff. The installer keeps all your settings.
(2018-02-04, 16:13)DanCooper Wrote: It's important to install each new version over an existing. Only the install wizard cleans up your install directory from no longer used dll's and other stuff. The installer keeps all your settings. 
  Thanks, so I can skip builds?

I.e. A3ddee2 can be upgraded straight to Of9b806?
(2018-02-05, 02:21)ping182nz Wrote:
(2018-02-04, 16:13)DanCooper Wrote: It's important to install each new version over an existing. Only the install wizard cleans up your install directory from no longer used dll's and other stuff. The installer keeps all your settings. 
  Thanks, so I can skip builds?

I.e. A3ddee2 can be upgraded straight to Of9b806? 
Yes.
Thanks again....

Is there a way to get a list of movies with no trailer downloaded?

Is there a way to get a list of TV shows or Movies with no poster or fanart?

EDIT: Actually the below is working

sql:
SELECT DISTINCT *
FROM
  movielist
WHERE
movielist.PosterPath IS NULL

sql:
SELECT DISTINCT *
FROM
  movielist
WHERE
movie.TrailerPath = ''

Thanks,

Matt
(2018-02-07, 01:26)ping182nz Wrote: Is there a way to get a list of movies with no trailer downloaded?

Is there a way to get a list of TV shows or Movies with no poster or fanart?

Should be able to do that by clicking on Missing items in the Filters box

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving from another tool to Ember Media Manager.,.. help with setting up please?0