• 99(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
it is a pity only for PREMIUM account.
Kodi 20.4(Nexus) / FireTV 4K
Okay I answered my own question as to whether it works on OSMC, it does. Also, the original post should be updated to say it works on the B+ (I've only tried it on the 3 and B+), but the post says only the 2 and above.
(2018-01-29, 12:06)stein Wrote: it is a pity only for PREMIUM account.

Spotify doesn't allow any apps other than the Desktop, web and mobile apps to access free accounts, there is nothing that can be done about this by app developers.
the problem this addon is song freeze/quite after 7 minute

anoying when listen song longer than 7 minute
(2018-01-21, 23:43)noone100 Wrote:
(2018-01-18, 04:48)anonmaster Wrote:
(2018-01-16, 19:23)pallisvans Wrote: Here are some instructions…
This does not work  
 Nor does it work for my account. I have a '_' in my FB password and I registered a device password lately: https://www.spotify.com/dk/account/set-device-password/ Both pw do not work. Any suggestions? 
Login seems to work again without changing credentials (still FB email, FB password).
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have added the repo from the zip file but when I'm trying to connect to the repo kodi is just loading endlessly?
nevermind, reboot fixed it.
I made some test in Win10. The plugin works perfectly in the "classic" installation of Kodi 17.x. The problem is in the UWP version of Kodi (installed from Windows Store): login works, but the plugin crashes everytime I try to play a song and shows a popup "Spotty.exe stopped working". I think it's related to the different path of Kodi's user data folder.
(2018-02-11, 01:17)foxstefano Wrote: I made some test in Win10. The plugin works perfectly in the "classic" installation of Kodi 17.x. The problem is in the UWP version of Kodi (installed from Windows Store): login works, but the plugin crashes everytime I try to play a song and shows a popup "Spotty.exe stopped working". I think it's related to the different path of Kodi's user data folder.

The version of Kodi on the Windows Store for desktop isn't actually the UWP version, it's just the classic version but installed using the Store rather than a traditional installer. (The UWP version is currently only available from kodi.tv/download, or the Xbox Store) I believe the user folder is in the same place in the version you have as the classic version, but the actual directory Kodi is installed into is different, if that's what you mean.
After installing this add-on, Kodi crashed out and closed by itself. I now can't open Kodi at all. Every time I try it gets as far as the splash screen and then crashes. My log (https://pastebin.com/68vrpTqt) shows nothing that I can see to be the cause. I am on Windows 10.

The first crash happened seconds after the successful install message for Spotify, so I can only assume it has something to do with this plugin. I have manually deleted the plugin.audio.spotify install folder, but still Kodi crashes out on the splash screen.

Does anyone know what is going on?
@TheGame1986  troubles with your credentials, happen here in the past, but after fix user and password, work ok. Check in spotify website your username, before insert in addon settings, if you register there using facebook, you have long number = your name.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2018-02-11, 20:14)Wanilton Wrote: @TheGame1986  troubles with your credentials, happen here in the past, but after fix user and password, work ok. Check in spotify website your username, before insert in addon settings, if you register there using facebook, you have long number = your name.
 I don't even get far enough to enter a username or password. It doesn't even create an entry for the settings.xml in userdata. It literally installs and then crashes Kodi. Then I am unable to re-open Kodi as it crashes out on the Krypton splash screen.
Try remove your spotify folder in addon_data, if use windows, here path

users/yourname/appdata/roaming/kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.spotify

Open Kodi again, and try, run addon, will request your credential, hope solve
(2018-02-11, 20:56)Wanilton Wrote: Try remove your spotify folder in addon_data, if use windows, here path

users/yourname/appdata/roaming/kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.spotify

Open Kodi again, and try, run addon, will request your credential, hope solve
 But I'm saying it doesn't even create that folder to start with? It doesn't get that far... It installed, and then crashed. It didn't do anything else.
Only check if exist folder or no, simple. Don´t matter if you configure or no. Remove and check if solve crash.
(2018-02-11, 21:20)Wanilton Wrote: Only check if exist folder or no, simple. Don´t matter if you configure or no. Remove and check if solve crash.
 I understand what you're saying, but I'm saying it doesn't create a userdata folder entry for the plugin at all. So a malformed settings.xml cannot be the issue.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17