• 42(current)
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
(2018-01-30, 15:08)Honu Wrote: I've tried with hw acceleration off and light were changing color .. but colors were most of the time off, (used 1/4 left and 1/4 right with 2 bulb), when those 1/4 screen were black, bulb were keeping their last used color. I've tried some "simple movies" like "The incredibles"... the whole right side is blue .. right bulb is green...
 Bulbs are keeping their last used color when screen brightness is lower than 5%....
Hi, I need some support. 

I have followed the instructions exactly, but the YeeMee Ambi is somehow not working. When I test the bulb the bulb turns on and off as it should.

Some ideas what I can test next? The firmware version of the bulb is 1.4.2_0059
(2018-01-30, 13:22)DaLanik Wrote: I'd try with 30 seconds max with 200ms steps...

Sent from my S8+
Awesome ! .. you're the best ! Smile
(2018-01-30, 16:36)cracki Wrote: Hi, I need some support. 

I have followed the instructions exactly, but the YeeMee Ambi is somehow not working. When I test the bulb the bulb turns on and off as it should.

Some ideas what I can test next? The firmware version of the bulb is 1.4.2_0059
 * Hardware acceleration off
* RenderCapture Debug to see if RenderCapture is working

please search in this thread it's been discussed several times.

And post the DEBUG LOG
(2018-01-30, 16:59)SeVreN2013 Wrote:
(2018-01-30, 13:22)DaLanik Wrote: I'd try with 30 seconds max with 200ms steps...

Sent from my S8+

Try v4.27 in TEST repo

D.
(2018-01-31, 10:36)DaLanik Wrote:
(2018-01-30, 16:59)SeVreN2013 Wrote:

Sent from my S8+

Try v4.27 in TEST repo

D. 
Thanks Smile

I Downloaded the TEST Repo, but it says revision 4.28 ?

Tested using my Raspberry Pi 3 and Amlogic S905X

Put the On/Off Millisecond Slider up to the maximum duration (30000 ms) ... Pressed Ok on each setting, only Yeelight Service in On (Ambi Off) and rebooted.

Yeelight does now take longer to fade on and off ... but at 15 Seconds (half of specified duration)

Youtube Video Demo (excuse the phone picture quality) ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOqbs25B...e=youtu.be

In summary, it's a lot better than it previously was Smile and i really appreciate your time and effort ... but if you can think of what might be causing it to only last half the specified duration, then that would be fantastic !
There is probably maximum time in the API.... nice choice of film BTW Smile
(2018-01-31, 14:12)DaLanik Wrote: There is probably maximum time in the API.... nice choice of film BTW Smile
No problems Smile i can live with the 15 Seconds ... it's a lot better than the 3 Seconds, so i'm much happier now

Also, one other small thing (again, not a huge issue .. but was wondering)

The setting for starting the Yeelight Service when Kodi boots up works fine Smile

But, the Stop Yeelight Service when Exiting Kodi does not turn the Yeelight off :/

Has that anything do with the fact there is no "Exit Kodi" option on the RPi3 or Amlogic ? (there's only Shutdown or Reboot ... No Option for "Exit" like on Kodi for PC)

Anyways, just curious ... i've been turning off the Yeelight using my phone to make do
(2018-01-31, 14:31)SeVreN2013 Wrote: But, the Stop Yeelight Service when Exiting Kodi does not turn the Yeelight off :/

Has that anything do with the fact there is no "Exit Kodi" option on the RPi3 or Amlogic ? (there's only Shutdown or Reboot ... No Option for "Exit" like on Kodi for PC)

Anyways, just curious ... i've been turning off the Yeelight using my phone to make do 
 An, as they say, educated guess - the addon receives the info the Kodi is shutting down (or restarting etc) and it wan'ts to send message to the bulb to turn off... but there is not enough time, since kodi is shutting down and it kills/shuts down all services befor the plugin has time to react... I'll take a look at it just to be sure.

D.
Thanks DaLanik Smile
Hi!

Thanks for the great add-on. I'm using it in Kodi 17.6 to control one RGB Yeelight bulb. No ambilight.

The problem I'm facing is that when I start a video, the bulb goes bright white, while the color is set to something blue. If I press pause, it goes to red as configured. When I hit play again, it goes correctly to blue. So the issue is only there when initially starting the video.

Could you have a look? I have had it on both 4.2 stable and on 4.27 TEST (log is from 4.27).

Here's my log: https://pastebin.com/nW2Eha6M

Thanks a lot!
Hmm, strange, unfortunately I can only see that it is working from the debug log, there is no info about which color it set Smile Smile I'll make another version with better debugging and put it in a test repo tomorrow.

D.
(2018-01-30, 15:37)DaLanik Wrote: ..... Bulbs are keeping their last used color when screen brightness is lower than 5%.... 
Yep . I have noticed that.

Effect is not so good eg : OLED TV, and the beginning of 'Blade Runner' ( 1982, not the recent one ). the bulbs stay on during the credits at the beginning of the movie, and it ruins the night effect.

powering off/on the bulbs with a trigger is not possible ( lets say : less than 4% --> power off, more than 8% --> power on ) ? maybe bulbs are too slow for that ?
Actually, it used to work like that with the old bulb firmware. It supported turning the bulbs OFF when in music mode. Then they updated the firmware and removed that option... So now I'd have to set the bulb to normal mode (exit music mode) and turn it off, and then it would lose the connection to the server. And when brightness increases, I'd have to reconnect to the server (and probably restart the damn thing)... so you can see why it's hard to make.
well, I understand.

what about not using music mode at all ? : you may add choice  synchronous/async mode, sync mode is has today, and async mode is using set_rgb,set_bright and set_power in a lower cycle ( I don't know the limit in order not to overload Kodi nor network:  10 orders/sec max ?) and without getting/checking anything back from bulbs.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2