TheMovieDB -- Adding movies to incorrect collection
Hey guys, having some weird issues with my movie collections in 13.2 Gotham. I use Gotham for a highly forked skin I dedicated a lot of my time to which I don't want to retire just yet. 

I just double checked to take a log of my Jarvis install, which was doing the same thing a couple of days ago, but it appears that Jarvis has rectified itself. Hopefully this isn't a side-effect of running a highly outdated version. 

This happens across 2 installs on 2 different PC's. 

When I add a movie that is part of a collection, regardless if I have the other movies of that collection, it adds all movies to a collection called "Name".
If you could take a look at my debug log I'd be very grateful: 

https://zerobin.net/?28be25f779e12cb6#Am...1DXwJaSBA=

Any help would be extremely appreciated, thank you.

Regards.
(2018-02-01, 15:45)dozerplex Wrote: I just double checked to take a log of my Jarvis install, which was doing the same thing a couple of days ago, but it appears that Jarvis has rectified itself. Hopefully this isn't a side-effect of running a highly outdated version. 
Probably it is. There were some changes regarding how the TMDb scraper gets the sets recently and it seems like Gotham cannot handle the way it is now (the scraper gets the name and the set overview now).

The only thing I can suggest if you can't upgrade is to hack back an older version of the TMDb scraper.
Hi olympia, thank you very much for the prompt reply. 

I just quickly downgraded to a version 4.0.3 zipfile I had laying around, but that appears to create scraping issues of all files -- no art, no name, etc. 

Which version would you recommend I downgrade to? 

I tried 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 but they both replicate the issue. I tried rolling back to 3.x.x but they don't scrape.

Edit: I'd be more than happy to use the Universal Scraper, but I can't seem to get it to install in Gotham.
You will need [metadata.common.themoviedb.com] updated to v2.17.6
and [metadata.themoviedb.org] updated to v4.0.3

...and pray it works Smile

You know you will not be able to keep Gotham going forever, right?
Thank you kindly for the reply and assistance, Olympia. 

A quick question as its 5 am and I've got one eye open as my cat woke me up.. 

Do I download those files and replace them with my existing .xml's or do I copy/paste the code? Sorry for the stupid question but I'm not much of a coder.

Edit 2: I figured it out, haha. It works!!! Thank you very, very much Olympia! You've made my entire week!  

I'm fully aware I unfortunately won't be able to keep Gotham running, but until that very sad day I'll do everything I can to hold onto all the work I've put in. I've become pretty emotionally attached to it, haha. 

Thanks again for the help!

Edit: I should take this opportunity to thank you for all the hard work that everyone has put into Kodi over the years as I don't want to keep being a bother. I've been an XBMC user since the days when it was still on the original Xbox. I don't know what I'd do without it. It's become such a key part of my day to day life and my main hobby that I honestly can't picture life without it. 

Thank you.
I was really hoping that the fact you have a highly customized skin you authored yourself actually means you know the insights...

Scrapers are like skins, you don't compile them, you use as is. 
1. Visit https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/tr...18a170c856
2. use clone or download, download as zip.
3. This will download the entire scraper repo in zip at the stage with the versions I mentioned

You then need to copy the above referenced two addons over the ones you have AND edit the addon.xml for both, increasing the version number sky high in order to make sure they won't get auto updated with the unwanted later versions.
@dozerplex

Sounds like you are using Windows PC. If you are, then you are in luck as you can install multiple versions of Kodi on the same machine using a Portable Install... http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...table_Mode

Install v17.6 and scrape your library. It might be best to Export your library to NFO Files first from v13.x, then let v17.6 import those same nfo files so your library is exactly the same. See Import-Export link in My Signature below.

This might help wean you off your v13. Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-01, 20:30)olympia Wrote: I was really hoping that the fact you have a highly customized skin you authored yourself actually means you know the insights...

I got there haha. Bad timing on my part as I'm a bit sleep deprived. Thank you again for the help.... Further proof is me not being able to reply to a friggin' quote properly. 
Glad you sorted!

Ha, that quoting mechanism is actually quite weird. I am in the same shoes every now and then. Smile
(2018-02-01, 21:17)Karellen Wrote: @dozerplex

Sounds like you are using Windows PC. If you are, then you are in luck as you can install multiple versions of Kodi on the same machine using a Portable Install... http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...table_Mode

Install v17.6 and scrape your library. It might be best to Export your library to NFO Files first from v13.x, then let v17.6 import those same nfo files so your library is exactly the same. See Import-Export link in My Signature below.

This might help wean you off your v13. Smile
Thanks for the reply Karellen!

I didn't think of this, but I'll definitely check it out as an option. I'm familiar with importing and exporting.. and downloading things from the internet.. and quoting posts.. when I've had my 8 hours and some coffee, that is haha. 

Thanks for the help guys, it's honestly extremely appreciated. Keep up the great work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB -- Adding movies to incorrect collection0