Please let me install 17.6 on my Xbox one
Please let me install kodi 17.6 on my Xbox one
No.

Read https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-xbox-one
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
18 is really unstable and won't let me do anything all it does is crash won't stay open more than 30 seconds
(2018-02-05, 12:49)wbeachman Wrote: 18 is really unstable
Kodi v18's development has started not that long ago, hence the Alpha indication to the current software version.
And since we have no magic wands or other voodoo or trickery, you will simply have to wait before the stable builds are being released.

Or.. you could at least help us with providing your kodi debug log (wiki) file as a starting point.
How do I provide debug log from Xbox one I know how to do on android and pc but not sure on Xbox
There is an add-on called Kodi log uploader, that's the easiest way
Doesn't really help if it crashes straight on startup Wink

My advice is to not use it anymore until we get further in development then. Others are still using it happily it seems
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-02-05, 14:05)Martijn Wrote: Doesn't really help if it crashes straight on startup Wink

My advice is to not use it anymore until we get further in development then. Others are still using it happily it seems

I'm happily using it for listening music, watching full hd movies and watching NHL highlights via NHL.TV add-in. No crashes, no problems. Only two minor things I have noticed. One can see a little "stuttering" on movies when panning and user profiles aren't functional at the moment. So considering this is still an alpha release, I would say that things are looking really good.
Working ok right now except for h265 playback and some of the addons I'm used to having. A smidge OT, but could anyone tell me where addons are located on the xbox, and how to access them? I mean in the file system, to edit code and what not.
(2018-02-06, 15:32)bo1e Wrote: Working ok right now except for h265 playback and some of the addons I'm used to having. A smidge OT, but could anyone tell me where addons are located on the xbox, and how to access them? I mean in the file system, to edit code and what not.

Should be in your Userdata folder, on desktop UWP it is some C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState

There should be a similar LocalState folder location on the Xbox which will contain the Kodi folder.
(2018-02-06, 15:45)jjd-uk Wrote: There should be a similar LocalState folder location on the Xbox which will contain the Kodi folder.

It exists but cannot be accessed somehow except in Kodi
(2018-02-06, 16:16)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 15:45)jjd-uk Wrote: There should be a similar LocalState folder location on the Xbox which will contain the Kodi folder.

It exists but cannot be accessed somehow except in Kodi

So anyone wanting to mod anything contained in LocalState/kodi would need to use the Kodi File Manager copy any files to a desktop for example, edit them there, and then copy back.
(2018-02-06, 17:52)jjd-uk Wrote: So anyone wanting to mod anything contained in LocalState/kodi would need to use the Kodi File Manager copy any files to a desktop for example, edit them there, and then copy back.

I meant it cannot be accessed on xbox. on desktop the folder can be accessed by any comfortable way
Perhaps I wasn't explicit enough either, what I meant was that if you wanted to mod a file in Xbox LocalState Kodi folder you would need to use the Kodi File Manager to copy to a NFS share on a desktop for example.
Possible to access it on dev mode I'm a Xbox developer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please let me install 17.6 on my Xbox one0