2017 - Amazon 4K HDR Fire TV for $69.99
(2017-11-29, 14:38)Vlaves Wrote: Can someone with the new Fire TV test if it is doing amlogic deinterlacing when using SPMC or Kodi 17/18? Maybe this is known already and someone can comment on that.

Thanx for any info Smile
Any chance someone can test this?

Thanks in advance for the Support here Smile
Has no one here the Fire TV 3 and can test that? I would really appriciate this inofrmation if someone could give it a try if the Fire Tv 3 is doing amlogic deinterlacing when using SPMC or Kodi 17/18?
How do you test this?
(2018-01-01, 22:35)redlikemethodz Wrote: How do you test this?
Simplest way would be to install SPMC on it and then run Live TV 1080i h264 Live TV. Open the video overlay. And before deactivate every hardware acceleration option in the setting apart from aml..  one. So turn of Mediacodec and Mediacodec (Surface) if I recall it correctly. Then in the ideo overlay it should show that it is using hardware acceleration, at least I hope thta.

Maybe someone else can explain that a bit better, hope my explenation was still good enough.

Thanx for all the support Smile
Install SPMC v16.7.2 from:
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases/...bi-v7a.apk

Look in Kodi Settings > Player > Videos and then see if Amcodec hardware video acceleration even shows up as an option.

If it does then download any of the 1080i video samples from here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

Attach a USB keyboard, press the "O" key while the samples are playing.

If you see am-mpeg2 or am-h264 then you have Amcodec (AMLogic) hardware video acceleration, and hardware deinterlacing and should have a sharp picture output.

Personally I have my doubts.

(2017-09-29, 01:19)Topken Wrote: hmm wonder if that adapter could be used with other devices other than Amazon. Might be useful to get ethernet and power on other sticks.

The Chromecast PSU+Ethernet combo works nicely with a Pi Zero for adding Ethernet network connectivity for development, don't know about the Amazon equivalent.
Oh sorry I dont have live tv. I have directv now service.
Ok. I just sold my TV. Will do as soon as my new one comes this week.
Has anybody tried to run Kszaq's LE off usb stick?
So I have one of these in my theater and I can't get ATMOS to output from Kodi.  My Xbox One outputs ATMOS no problem, but KODI on the Fire gen3 that supposedly supports atmos only ever outputs 5.1, not even 7.1.  Has anyone figured out how to get ATMOS working?  I only bought the stupid thing for ATMOS and ecosystem wise I'm kinda stuck on FireTV as it's the interface/remote my wife/family is used to/likes, got 6 of them around the house....
Got now a Fire TV 3 with an USB Ethernet-Adapter and its working very well.

Some observations since last Softwareupdate:

Automatic refresh rate switching seems to work for PAL content. MrMC switches from 60Hz to 50Hz when watching Live TV or any 25fps content, but not switching to 24Hz as it should.

Deinterlacing: the Fire TV seems to do good hardware deinterlacing on 1080i h264 channels using Mediacodec (Surface). How to find out what deinterlacing is beeing used by Amazon here? Can someone help to get the info. By just watching I would asume its using Amlogics motion adaptive deinterlacing like other 905 boxes do in Libreelec, but that’s just from my eyes, so...

So seems like all is going in the right direction with the Amazon Software.

And channel switching on MrMC is almost instant using tvheadend as an backend.

Hope someone can comment on that or at least will think this is a usefull information.
That's MrMC though, I think people would be more interested in Kodi's performance?
(2018-02-07, 17:26)Vlaves Wrote: Deinterlacing: the Fire TV seems to do good hardware deinterlacing on 1080i h264 channels using Mediacodec (Surface). How to find out what deinterlacing is being used by Amazon here? Can someone help to get the info. By just watching I would ass its using Amlogic's motion adaptive deinterlacing like other 905 boxes do in Libreelec, but that’s just from my eyes, so...
Mediacodec surface is unlikely to be giving you AMLogic hardware deinterlacing unless Amazon have really bug busted the underlying AMLogic Firmware.

Any sort of interlaced TV streams with lots of motion like sports will likely show deficiencies in Mediacodec deinterlacing and produce half motion results, mpeg2 text onscreen may also appear blocky just like on every other AMLogic Android Kodi platform using Mediacodec for deinterlacing.

AMLogic LibreELEC on S8xx/S9xx uses AMCodec hardware decoding and AMLogic's full motion hardware deinterlacing.
Attach a Keyboard and press "O"
AMCodec hardware video decoding is show by am-h264 and am-mpeg2 when watching TV.

The question is can you sideload SPMC 16.7.x or MrMC (both Kodi Jarvis based) and see AMCodec as one of the hardware acceleration options ?

(2018-02-07, 17:46)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-02-07, 17:26)Vlaves Wrote: Deinterlacing: the Fire TV seems to do good hardware deinterlacing on 1080i h264 channels using Mediacodec (Surface). How to find out what deinterlacing is being used by Amazon here? Can someone help to get the info. By just watching I would ass its using Amlogic's motion adaptive deinterlacing like other 905 boxes do in Libreelec, but that’s just from my eyes, so...
Mediacodec surface is unlikely to be giving you AMLogic hardware deinterlacing unless Amazon have really bug busted the underlying AMLogic Firmware.

Any sort of interlaced TV streams with lots of motion like sports will likely show deficiencies in Mediacodec deinterlacing and produce half motion results, mpeg2 text onscreen may also appear blocky just like on every other AMLogic Android Kodi platform using Mediacodec for deinterlacing.

AMLogic LibreELEC on S8xx/S9xx uses AMCodec hardware decoding and AMLogic's full motion hardware deinterlacing.
Attach a Keyboard and press "O"
AMCodec hardware video decoding is show by am-h264 and am-mpeg2 when watching TV.

The question is can you sideload SPMC 16.7.x or MrMC (both Kodi Jarvis based) and see AMCodec as one of the hardware acceleration options ? 
 MrMC purged away AMCodec a long time ago.
(2018-02-07, 17:46)wrxtasy Wrote: ...unless Amazon have really bug busted the underlying AMLogic Firmware.
Looks like they did, as I said at least to my eyes, don’t know how to verify the did...
(2018-02-07, 17:46)wrxtasy Wrote: The question is can you sideload SPMC 16.7.x or MrMC (both Kodi Jarvis based) and see AMCodec as one of the hardware acceleration options ?
Yes I will sidelode SPMC nd test if Amcodec is there, but that would not answer if they fixed their firmware to utilize Amlogic hw deinterlacing with Mediacodec...

Will report though for SPMC if Amcodec is usable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2017 - Amazon 4K HDR Fire TV for $69.991