v18 Updating UWP Nightly Builds
I wanted to see what the next version of Kodi would look and act like, so I downloaded the UWP x64 v18 build back in mid-January.  Now that I've got it all setup and working, I wanted to update to a more current UWP v18 Nightly, but when I try installing the newer build, I just get a message that there's a version already installed.  How do I update to a newer Nightly without uninstalling the older version?  Or will it keep my settings, and I can go ahead and uninstall and re-install the newer Nightly and It will retain my current settings?

Currently installed version: Kodi-20180114-089ffc36-master-x64.appx
Want to install: Kodi-20180207-d32596fb-master-x64.appx
It's because no version increment occurred since then. OS thinks that you are trying to install the same version. only reinstalling may solve the issue.
(2018-02-08, 14:54)afedchin Wrote: It's because no version increment occurred since then. OS thinks that you are trying to install the same version. only reinstalling may solve the issue.
 Sad

I hope there is soon a solution for this. Simply installing a skin like Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia from zip file via FTPS (LAN 1 GB/sec) takes forever in my Xbox One S.

I want to test if nightly builds fixed some problems i have like Kodi crashing on local nfo scrapping from my FTPS movie library.

I understand that the only way to install an .appx app is to switch to Developer mode, install it and then switch back to Retail mode to be able to use it.

Is this correct?
Apps installed in Dev mode aren't available in Retail mode. You have to reinstall Kodi or wait when an update was published to Store.
When testing with a desktop PC running a Windows 10, then similar to the normal Win 32/64 desktop app, user settings and databases are stored under the Appdata folder which will be something along the lines of

C:\Users\your_windows_user_name\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\Kodi

When uninstalling the normal Win32/64 Desktop app the Kodi folder under Appdata is left in place, however I'm not sure if this is the case with UWP, it's possible UWP maybe do more cleanup, so do a backup of the LocalState\Kodi folder then try it and let us know.
Thumbs Up 
(2018-02-08, 16:05)afedchin Wrote: Apps installed in Dev mode aren't available in Retail mode. You have to reinstall Kodi or wait when an update was published to Store.
Thanks for the fast reply.

At least i don't need to switch back to retail mode to use Kodi nightly builds.

After playing the whole Halo and Gears of war series there are no more reasons to game on Xbox One (no more exclusive games worth); PC and PS4 can take care of my gaming needs.

My Xbox One S can stay at Dev mode if blu ray player app work on this mode too.

Big Grin
(2018-02-08, 16:12)jjd-uk Wrote: When uninstalling the normal Win32/64 Desktop app the Kodi folder under Appdata is left in place, however I'm not sure if this is the case with UWP, it's possible UWP maybe do more cleanup, so do a backup of the LocalState\Kodi folder then try it and let us know.

I updated UWP app once on PC, I think LocalState folder was deleted.

Idea: Could try save content before uninstall and revert back after install?
Too bad there's no force update trigger like android has.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating UWP Nightly Builds0