New Addon - TiVo UI Sounds
Put together my first Kodi add-on, to use TiVo UI sounds.

Not much to it really, just the navigation sounds, including some for the PVR screens, but I'm loving it.  As a past, long-time TiVo user, I find it very soothing and satisfying.

Would this be something that others would like to have and, if so, how do I go about getting it setup for distribution?

Thanks!

11/11/19 - Adding the link for the zip file.  It's worked for me in Windows versions of Kodi, both 32 & 64bit

Google Drive Link for the Download
I'd love this! Have you seen here - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160975 and https://kodi.wiki/view/Submitting_Add-ons?
(2018-02-13, 05:53)MrCrispy Wrote: I'd love this! Have you seen here - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160975 and https://kodi.wiki/view/Submitting_Add-ons?
 If you're interested in providing additional testing, then that would be great.  Not much to it, other than adding the sounds, but it's always good to ensure it works on other systems.

For the most part, it just has the forward, back and select sounds, but, if you have Live TV and Recordings I have those screen sounds setup as well.  I'd love to find more screens on which to use specialized sounds, such as the fail and error tones, but, thus far, I haven't really found any.  I'd love to hear any suggestions you might have.

Let me know if you want to give it a shot, and I'll figure out a way to get the zip file uploaded somewhere, or, if nothing else, I could email it to you.

Thanks!
Sure I can test it - the 2 playback devices I have are FireTv stick and Kodi on pc, both running Kodi 17.
(2018-02-16, 02:28)MrCrispy Wrote: Sure I can test it - the 2 playback devices I have are FireTv stick and Kodi on pc, both running Kodi 17.
 Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you on this. Have been working some long days lately.

I tried messing around with GITHUB last week, but didn't have much time to devote to it, and was confused by what I actually needed to do.  Will have to get back to it when work isn't as hectic.

Would you be interested in my sending you the zip file via email and giving it a test?  Again, not much to it, no executables, just the .WAV files and support files for Kodi.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me your email address and I'll get it sent out.

Thanks!
(2018-01-28, 23:27)RobbieWilkes Wrote: Put together my first Kodi add-on, to use TiVo UI sounds.

Not much to it really, just the navigation sounds, including some for the PVR screens, but I'm loving it.  As a past, long-time TiVo user, I find it very soothing and satisfying.

Would this be something that others would like to have and, if so, how do I go about getting it setup for distribution?

Thanks!

Sorry for necroposting, Is there any chance you could share your sounds? Thanks in advance!!!!
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
(2019-11-09, 15:14)ctindell81 Wrote:
(2018-01-28, 23:27)RobbieWilkes Wrote: Put together my first Kodi add-on, to use TiVo UI sounds.

Thanks!

Sorry for necroposting, Is there any chance you could share your sounds? Thanks in advance!!!! 

Not a problem.  I still use the sounds with my Kodi builds.  Just recently updated to Kodi Leia 64bit, and it works great.

Never really figured out how best to share it to anyone that was interest, but I'd be happy to email it to you, or find somewhere
Thank you for replying, I have found that mega and google drive are both great for hosting small files. Its nearly impossible to go past your allotted bandwidth. I will pm you my email address
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
ok, so i cant figure out how to pm you, so my email is [email protected]
↯ Ω ☿
(2019-11-10, 09:07)RobbieWilkes Wrote: Never really figured out how best to share it to anyone that was interest, but I'd be happy to email it to you, or find somewhere
Are you interested in submitting to the official repo?

(2019-11-11, 04:50)ctindell81 Wrote: ok, so i cant figure out how to pm you
You don't have enough posts to PM anybody yet, but you are almost there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-11, 05:04)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-10, 09:07)RobbieWilkes Wrote:  
Ah, Makes sense. I am a quiet one on here. Most things i figure out on my own. Some things just demand my socialization. lol
↯ Ω ☿
(2019-11-11, 06:23)ctindell81 Wrote:
(2019-11-10, 09:07)RobbieWilkes Wrote:  

Could this be why i can't edit my posts as well?
↯ Ω ☿
(2019-11-11, 06:24)ctindell81 Wrote: Could this be why i can't edit my posts as well?
Yes, but you can now

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-10, 09:07)RobbieWilkes Wrote: Never really figured out how best to share it to anyone that was interest, but I'd be happy to email it to you, or find somewhere
Are you interested in submitting to the official repo?
(2019-11-11, 04:50)ctindell81 Wrote: ok, so i cant figure out how to pm you
Hey Karellen,

I'd be honored to have my small contribution added to the official repo.  As much as I love KODI, I'd love to be a part of it somehow.

As I have said, there's not much to it... but, for those, like me, that enjoy the TiVo sounds, it's a nicety.  While I've only tested in on Windows, it does work in both 32bit & 64bit, so I would hope it would work across other platforms as well.

Please let me know how best to proceed. 

Thanks!

Robbie
Good to hear @RobbieWilkes

I am not the best person to guide you in submitting to the repo, but there is a wiki page that details how. Follow this and once you submit to the repo, the developers there will talk you through if it is not quite right.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Submitting_Add-ons
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Addon - TiVo UI Sounds0