Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic ratings?
Hi - loving this skin, amazing work.

One issue I'm having is getting RT or Metacritic ratings to show up. I've got the Skin Helper add-on enabled and an API key for OMDB, but I have no idea what to do with it...other threads talk about a Manage Dependencies option, but I can't find that anywhere.

I've been searching and trying everything I can think of for a while now...any chance someone could explain how to get them enabled step by step? 

Thanks!
First, make sure you are using the version of skin helper from marcelveldt's beta repo.
Link to beta repo: https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...-1.0.1.zip

Then in Horizon, go to Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies.
Look for script.module.metadatautils and click on it.
This will open the settings for skin helper's meta data module.
Go to the API section of the settings and add your api key.

EDIT: For reference sake, you also need to delete simplecache.db in .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache whilst Kodi is closed and then restart Kodi. Not 100% necessary, but will force the skinhelper cache to be rebuilt so that you get the ratings straight away -- skin helper caches data and only refreshes periodically, so you need to do this to test that everything is working. Also give skin helper some time to start retrieving the info, as it can take a while if you have a large library.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-11-11, 00:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: First, make sure you are using the version of skin helper from marcelveldt's beta repo.
Link to beta repo: https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...-1.0.1.zip

Then in Horizon, go to Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies.
Look for script.module.metadatautils and click on it.
This will open the settings for skin helper's meta data module.
Go to the API section of the settings and add your api key.

Exactly what I needed - working great now, thank you!!
am using 1.1.24, from https://github.com/marcelveldt/repository.marcelveldt
Universal Movie Scraper can get all ratings in it's all, without having the need to install any additional dependencies and such difficult configuration for End-Users. 
I am just wondering the reason why not using the ratings from Kodi Db?
(2018-02-15, 15:54)olympia Wrote: Universal Movie Scraper can get all ratings in it's all, without having the need to install any additional dependencies and such difficult configuration for End-Users. 

For a number of reasons:
  1. When I first made the skin, OMDB api key was not necessary for the ratings. All that was needed was skin helper, which was already a skin dependency so it auto-installed. This is about as simple as it gets as it worked straight out of the box without any configuration.
  2. Using skin helper means that you get (relatively) up-to-date ratings because it refreshes its cache after a week, so no need to re-scrape ratings (which many users don't even know how to do). Ratings can change a lot after release, as can the top 250 position.
  3. Skin helper works with content from plugins.
  4. Afaik, themoviedb.org is the default scraper (unless it has changed recently?). So you would still need to install additional dependencies and configure the scraper. Plus you need to obtain an omdb api key and enter it in the settings either way.
  5. I personally had no idea that UMS could get these ratings.
  6. I can't see any README or other documentation any where in UMS about how to implement these scraped ratings. I'm looking now, as I will implement it, but I cannot find any readily accessible information about what property the ratings are saved as in the db. EDIT: Okay thought I had it - using ListItem.Rating(metacritic) - but that doesn't seem to work, just get all the same ratings as default. EDIT2: Seems I have to use ListItem.Ratings(metacritic). However, this appears to only work in the info dialog, which isn't much use to me as I display the ratings in the library.
I recall reading somewhere it was ListItem.Ratings, but can't find that reference at this moment

---Edit---
Does this help... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2695597
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-15, 23:43)Karellen Wrote: I recall reading somewhere it was ListItem.Ratings, but can't find that reference at this moment

---Edit---
Does this help... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2695597
Ah, so it is wrong in the Skinning wiki then. (EDIT: Sounds like it will be fixed back to Rating without the s in Leia, so that's probably what is referenced in the wiki)
I tried ListItem.Ratings(metacritic) before. However, it seems it only works in the info dialog. I was testing outside of that, hence why it didn't appear to be working. I want the ratings outside of the info dialog, so have to use skin helper anyway.
(2018-02-15, 23:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-02-15, 15:54)olympia Wrote: Universal Movie Scraper can get all ratings in it's all, without having the need to install any additional dependencies and such difficult configuration for End-Users. 

For a number of reasons:
  1. When I first made the skin, OMDB api key was not necessary for the ratings. All that was needed was skin helper, which was already a skin dependency so it auto-installed. This is about as simple as it gets as it worked straight out of the box without any configuration.
  2. Using skin helper means that you get (relatively) up-to-date ratings because it refreshes its cache after a week, so no need to re-scrape ratings (which many users don't even know how to do). Ratings can change a lot after release, as can the top 250 position.
  3. Skin helper works with content from plugins.
  4. Afaik, themoviedb.org is the default scraper (unless it has changed recently?). So you would still need to install additional dependencies and configure the scraper. Plus you need to obtain an omdb api key and enter it in the settings either way.
  5. I personally had no idea that UMS could get these ratings.
  6. I can't see any README or other documentation any where in UMS about how to implement these scraped ratings. I'm looking now, as I will implement it, but I cannot find any readily accessible information about what property the ratings are saved as in the db. EDIT: Okay thought I had it - using ListItem.Rating(metacritic) - but that doesn't seem to work, just get all the same ratings as default. EDIT2: Seems I have to use ListItem.Ratings(metacritic). However, this appears to only work in the info dialog, which isn't much use to me as I display the ratings in the library.

No, I think ListItem.Ratings(metacritic) is the correct one and wiki needs to be fixed. @Karellen, can you maybe take care of this please?
Is any ListItem.Rating() working outside of the info dialog? I think some skins can display default rating outside, so there must be some ListItem thingy there. So not having the possibility for all ratings might be a missing feature.
Related?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13449
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sure @olympia

Can you point me to the wiki page please.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-16, 21:37)Karellen Wrote: Sure @olympia

Can you point me to the wiki page please.
 As per Martijn post, it indeed seems like this has been switched back to ListItem.Rating(), so no need to adjust. There was/ is some turbulence around this Smile
Anyhow, I agree that different ratings should be accessible for skinners also outside the info dialog. I asked phate89 to comment.
To be clear that fix isn't in v17.6 but is in krypton branch in case we do another point release. V18 has it already
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-02-16, 20:25)olympia Wrote: Is any ListItem.Rating() working outside of the info dialog? I think some skins can display default rating outside, so there must be some ListItem thingy there. So not having the possibility for all ratings might be a missing feature.

I tested ListItem.Ratings() with "metacritic", "rottentomatoes", "themoviedb", and "imdb"
ListItem.Ratings(imdb) worked correctly both inside and outside info dialog.
All of the rest only worked inside the info dialog. Oddly, outside the info dialog they display "0.0" rather than simply an empty string.
(2018-02-17, 04:37)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-02-16, 20:25)olympia Wrote: Is any ListItem.Rating() working outside of the info dialog? I think some skins can display default rating outside, so there must be some ListItem thingy there. So not having the possibility for all ratings might be a missing feature.

I tested ListItem.Ratings() with "metacritic", "rottentomatoes", "themoviedb", and "imdb"
ListItem.Ratings(imdb) worked correctly both inside and outside info dialog.
All of the rest only worked inside the info dialog. Oddly, outside the info dialog they display "0.0" rather than simply an empty string. 
Rotten tomatoes, where you able to scrape audience score? does it show up 80% or 8.0?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic ratings?0