• 180(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
Good catch,
problem is identified Smile

i will take a look, howto disable the caching.
start to install a fresh 5.7.19 (i like docker Smile )

Edit:
sql:

Code:
SET SESSION query_cache_type = OFF;
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/...cache.html

Deprecated in 5.7.20, removed in 8.0, but users tend to upgrade their backend servers very slowly so MySQL Server versions with query cache could be around for quite a while and would suddenly start breaking with MariaDB Connector when users upgrade to LE 9.0.

Disabling per-connection (SET SESSION query_cache_type = OFF;) would help reduce support overhead (but might require an LE specific patch to Kodi, unless it can be conditional when building with MariaDB client?) Or we just ask users to disable query cache in the Server config, but that might affect other applications using the same server.

Thanks @HeresJohnny for reporting this.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Conditional maybe easy, we have the define `HAS_MARIADB` Smile
Much more difficult is, to do this only for MySQL-backends
(2018-02-16, 12:21)InuSasha Wrote: Conditional maybe easy, we have the define `HAS_MARIADB` Smile

Great.

(2018-02-16, 12:21)InuSasha Wrote: Much more difficult is, to do this only for MySQL-backends

Or just disable it regardless of the backend server?

What's odd, though, is that my version of MySQL Server (5.5.21) has query cache enabled and isn't a problem:
Code:
> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'version';
'version', '5.5.21'
> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'have_query_cache';
'have_query_cache', 'YES'
> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'query_cache_size';
'query_cache_size', '67108864'
> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'query_cache_type';
'query_cache_type', 'ON'

Maybe there are specific versions of MySQL that cause this problem with the MariaDB connector? It could even just be 5.7.19!

I think we should dig a bit deeper before clobbering the query cache, as we could be disabling it on working MySQL systems unnecessarily.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-02-16, 11:30)HeresJohnny Wrote: I found the problem. InuSasha's hint as to his version gave me some info to work with. I have MySQL 5.7.19 and he has 5.7.20. One of the main things that changed is that as of 5.7.20 query cache is disabled. I was using query cache so on a hunch I disabled it.
Hmmm. If I read the release notes correctly query cache hasn't been disabled, but it's use has now been officially deprecated. Query cache isn't enabled by default since 5.6 (from 2013) though.

So I'm not exactly sure what's going on. Can you try to re-enabling the query cache or upgrade to a newer version?

so long,

Hias
While digging for info on the web I found several sources that suggested query cache should be turned off anyway when using InnoDB. Milhouse, maybe you're using MyISAM?

I'll upgrade to 5.7.21 later.
(2018-02-16, 13:10)HeresJohnny Wrote: While digging for info on the web I found several sources that suggested query cache should be turned off anyway when using InnoDB. Milhouse, maybe you're using MyISAM?

I'll upgrade to 5.7.21 later.

Definitely InnoDB:

Query caching isn't enabled/active by default in my version (5.5.21) as query_cache_size=0, but I have the following configuration which is working normally:
Code:
query_cache_size = 64M
query_cache_limit = 16M
(2018-02-16, 11:30)HeresJohnny Wrote: I was using query cache so on a hunch I disabled it.

Can you post your complete my.cnf? Also what OS are you using to run MySQL 5.7.19 - Windows, Linux, Mac?
@HeresJohnny i can not reproduce your problem.
As Database i used the mysql:5.7.19 docker container from docker-hub.
Tested the datasbase with query_cache_type=ON/OFF, no problems at all.

can you send me the result of
sql:
show variables;

Sascha
I got a failure to install #0216 (going from #0211) stating that my size was too small.

Is there a way to resize the partitions or is a full reinstll needed.. and if so.. what should be the start image to get a big enough fat partition?
(2018-02-17, 07:38)laric Wrote: Is there a way to resize the partitions or is a full reinstll needed.. and if so.. what should be the start image to get a big enough fat partition?

See first post, note#5.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0216: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: f039fcde41e5cd2e1697a15ad895ce50a2895abdaed4fbce1ef5e4532d89e380 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.18 #1 SMP Fri Feb 16 21:18:46 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180216210309-#0216-gc2fd843 [Build #0216]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:f5871d9). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (c2fd843, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (374244d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Controller topology (multitap support)
  2. libnfs updates
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • tvheadend42: backport patch to fix jenkins (PR:2503, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libva: update libva/libva-utils/intel-vaapi-driver 2.1.0 (PR:2491, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • kodi: updates for March 2018 (PR:2477, 11 commits, 26 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Controller topology (multitap support) (PR:13499, 3 commits, 57 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: DirectX- implement tone mapping (PR:13549, 3 commits, 9 files changed)
    • [cleanup][omxplayer] remove unused headers (PR:13551, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • add conditional support for getpwnam() (c5eca21)
    • Merge branch 'master' of github.comConfusedahlberg/libnfs (c23ab16)
    • don't log an error if we cailed the name to uid/gid mapping (54405d9)
(2018-02-15, 12:30)basco Wrote: Here's a photo from the artefacts i'm seeing:
 I think we found a fix. A glsl pow value was not properly clamped. Fernet is reinvestigating some details but said to PR the fix today. Thanks for the report.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I used 
LibreELEC v8.2.1 MR
and now I´m updating on a weekly basis with these builds.

Is there any benefit in starting fresh with new LibreELEC builds e.g.
LibreELEC v8.2.3 MR
or do these builds already contain all changes?
(2018-02-17, 13:10)solidsatras Wrote: Is there any benefit in starting fresh with new LibreELEC builds e.g.
LibreELEC v8.2.3 MR
or do these builds already contain all changes?

No benefit, and yes.
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24