• 51(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
I would try again to download the file, I had no issue when I tried earlier and just tried again and it worked just fine
(2018-02-17, 00:39)kavy Wrote: I would try again to download the file, I had no issue when I tried earlier and just tried again and it worked just fine
 Yes, I downloaded the file now and it is working just fine with display calibration settings.
(2018-02-16, 22:51)horstepipe Wrote:
(2018-02-16, 22:37)Memphiz Wrote: Works for me - guess you have interlaced live tv with h.264 encoding - which is not working (which also answers the other question).
 yes exactly. Okay then I'll simply turn off hardware acceleration all the time.
Thank you

Can you try with the latest Version

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...b-tvos.deb

Might be better in detecting the interlaced content ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz

Thanks for updating this to the latest version, works fine for me, thanks so much for fixing the top shelf too, that too also now works as expected Smile

big smiles all round......
Can you please explain how you signed the deb and got top shelf working with the build you noted?

Did you just re sign?

Thanks
(2018-02-17, 09:55)Memphiz Wrote:
(2018-02-16, 22:51)horstepipe Wrote:
(2018-02-16, 22:37)Memphiz Wrote: Works for me - guess you have interlaced live tv with h.264 encoding - which is not working (which also answers the other question).
 yes exactly. Okay then I'll simply turn off hardware acceleration all the time.
Thank you

Can you try with the latest Version

Might be better in detecting the interlaced content ...

Perfect, now I can enable hardware acceleration. Interlaced tv channels are being decoded in software, everything else in hardware.
Thank you very much!
(2018-02-18, 17:30)horstepipe Wrote: Perfect, now I can enable hardware acceleration. Interlaced tv channels are being decoded in software, everything else in hardware.
Thank you very much!

Can you do me a favour - please do a short recording (maybe 50MB) from one of the offending live tv channels and try with the non-working build from before:

If it also fails to switch to software decoding with the recording - I would be interested in that recording file (is Dropbox for example) ... the current workaround for this problem has to go in favour of a proper fix ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2018-02-19, 08:23)Memphiz Wrote:
(2018-02-18, 17:30)horstepipe Wrote: Perfect, now I can enable hardware acceleration. Interlaced tv channels are being decoded in software, everything else in hardware.
Thank you very much!

Can you do me a favour - please do a short recording (maybe 50MB) from one of the offending live tv channels and try with the non-working build from before:

If it also fails to switch to software decoding with the recording - I would be interested in that recording file (is Dropbox for example) ... the current workaround for this problem has to go in favour of a proper fix ... 
Sure, I'll do it now.
Caught my eyes that there's still a little problem with those interlaced tv channels: When I enable auto switch frame rate in Kodi, the channels need way more time to start. (I setup my Apple TV to 50 hz and those channels have 25/50 hz, so the TV does NOT have to change its mode). After the channel finally plays, it freezes after 5 seconds again for some seconds, then it plays back fine. Guess this has something to do with your workaround/recognizing interlaced content...? Here's a debug log:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/pYFhg3X5m8/
(2018-02-19, 08:23)Memphiz Wrote: If it also fails to switch to software decoding with the recording - I would be interested in that recording file (is Dropbox for example) ... the current workaround for this problem has to go in favour of a proper fix ... 
Unfortunately the file plays back fine in software decoding. I rechecked the corresponding tv channel, it doesn't work.
Do you want the recording file anyway?

Here's the media info:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/dGxytfGZQW/
(2018-02-18, 16:37)Boydford Wrote: Can you please explain how you signed the deb and got top shelf working with the build you noted?

Did you just re sign?

Thanks
 Hi

I simply signed the new deb file with the same provisioning profile I used on the earlier one 1024 that worked and bingo.  You have to create a prov profile that includes the app.group via Xcode then use this prov profile to sign it.   there is video on how to do this on youth by Dan who wrote the signing app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI2_-RO10wg

Hope this helps
Thanks for the information, will give it a try later tonight.

I’d initially just re-signed. Although far from a deal breaker, it would be nice if top shelf worked!

Aside from that I have very few - if any issues with the current build

Edit - post following the above vid for top shelf, the latest deb works perfectly. Not a huge gain over not having it but ties the app in better with the overall feel of tvOS. Thanks very much for all involved in releasing these builds
Does the Auto Frame Switching work fine for people when using an AV Receiver? When the receiver is off and in bypass mode then the Auto Frame switching is working within Kodi however when the Amp is turned on the Auto Frame switching stops working. 

I don't think this is a Kodi issue, I just wondered how people got on and any tips to get it working when my surround sound is on?

Cheers

Update:- Sorted it. For some VERY strange reason, when the AMP is turned on the Apple TV disables the Video Match option.. How strange. All working. 

Now lets wait for Apple to fix the Audio Pass Through Big Grin
Memphiz is it a bug or a limitation by tvOS that by pressing the menu button while you are in the Kodi main menu you only get to the Kodi favorites menu when something is playing back in Kodi?
Is there any way to connect to the Apple TV 4K with impactor from a windows 10 computer to install kodi?

I have a developer account.

Do I really need a VM with macOS or a Mac/MacBook?

Thanks Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2018-02-23, 00:31)horstepipe Wrote: Memphiz is it a bug or a limitation by tvOS that by pressing the menu button while you are in the Kodi main menu you only get to the Kodi favorites menu when something is playing back in Kodi?

You can map your remote keys as you want via customcontroller.blahblah.xml - if you found the mapping resulting in this behavior i am open for other proposals. I guess you want to go to favorites from the main menu all the time instead of leaving Kodi (which should be the case if no movie is playing i guess)?
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7