• 57(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
thanks for the information! 
I have tried this before but it doesn't help. The Pan Zoom works always in the same speed, only the zoom/travel is longer each picture. 
Curious but true: the normal slideshow runs perfectly and smooth, i have the problem only in screensaver.
one more questions: 
every start up i get the message: 

System backup 
This type of backup has not been made for a long time! 

Do anyone know what i have to do that this message will not come every startup? 

Thanks in advance!
one more questions:
every start up i get the message:

System backup
This type of backup has not been made for a long time!

Do anyone know what i have to do that this message will not come every startup?

Thanks in advance!
Thank you for your great Addon!

Im building a 22" digital picture frame.

Now I use a Zero Pi with Kodi and your addon.

I downloaded the old confluence Skin and added the following text into the "Home.xml"

<onload condition="Window.Privious(startup)">Slideshow(/storage/pictures)</onload>

Now Kodi starts and the Slideshow is showing all pictures, like I wanted it.
I set the settings to Pictures in Background so all Pictures are in the Background too (hope you understand)

My settings start, when I wait 1 minute, but if the Slideshow starts as Kodi starts, so my settings dont start.
How can I give my settings to the start too?

sorry for my very bad english!!

Hope you can help me.

Thanks
(2017-12-05, 15:25)Grantii Wrote: <onload condition="Window.Privious(startup)">Slideshow(/storage/pictures)</onload>

that will start the kodi picture slideshow, that's something completely different than this screensaver addon ;-)

you may want to try something like this instead:
Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">ActivateScreensaver</onload>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well, thank you so much! 

It is now perfect! 

Thanks for your great Addon Smile 

Now my digital picture frame is ready for use. <3
Hi,

with <pictureexcludes> , what would be the regex for excluding all folders starting with "blog" , and all pictures containing "blog" in the name?

I have tried with this <regexp>#\/^blog.*/</regexp>  , but its somehow not the right thing Sad

EDIT: I found folders with the string blog at the end, so it would be enough to exclude all folders containing "blog".
Hello, thank you for this wonderful add-on.
All was great, but does not work well since the update.
Rasberry Pi3 - Libreelec 8.2.3 - Kodi Krypton 18
Screensaver starts as usual, but after few seconds (or minutes) pictures (1920*1080-72dpi) looks like enlarged thumbnails, wich is very uggly.
Sorry for my english, thank you for your support.
Hi Ronie,

Would you mind casting your expert eye over this log for me? I'm experiencing frequent crashes while using this add-on, which is a shame because it makes for a really great addition to Kodi.

Details that may or may not be useful:

I'm using a fresh install of the latest stable Kodi 17.6, Titan skin with a few add-ons. PlexKodiConnect, Trakt, CU LRC Lyrics, LazyTV and a couple required by the skin. Picture folder is located on the C: drive, with 1376 images split between 5 folders, the largest containing 421 files. Having checked several times, there are no obviously erroneous files among them, nothing unusual or irregular (all JPG's). Windows 10, 4GB Ram, 6.5GB free storage, SSD. 

If there are any details I've missed, please say. Here's the log: 

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/kBzPpDg3MF/

Kind regards.

Craig
i had a look at your log, but there's nothing of interest in there.. just the screensaver starting and a few seconds later, the log ends.
a crashlog might provide some pointers, but it would likely require a kodi windows dev to interpret whatever is logged in there.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-02-15, 18:47)ronie Wrote: i had a look at your log, but there's nothing of interest in there.. just the screensaver starting and a few seconds later, the log ends.
a crashlog might provide some pointers, but it would likely require a kodi windows dev to interpret whatever is logged in there.
Thanks very much Ronie, though I was afraid you'd say there was nothing there. I noticed the logs finished some 20 minutes before I noticed the screen had frozen and closed Kodi, so I wasn't optimistic. 

I've rolled the same Kodi installation out to half a dozen other windows devices, and although this is the only one I was planning on using this screensaver on I'll have a play about and see if I can replicate it elsewhere. I'll also try stopping any non essential windows programs/kodi add-ons just in case that makes a difference and report back.

I can provide the crashlog, no problem, but before I take up any more of your time I'll try the above.

Thanks again.

EDIT:

OK, I've done some experimenting on a few windows clients, and it seems to be triggered by combining Picture Slideshow Screensaver with PlexKodiConnect and Titan. For whatever reason, they just don't play nice together, and I haven't been able to replicate the crash by removing either one. Unfortunately, I can't imagine that solving this will be enormously beneficial to very many, so I'll just have to try something else.
Hi @ronie,
I understand that this great addon currently displays pictures. But is there a way one can do video slideshow using kodi? I would like to have something that could display all the videos in a folder in a loop just like this slideshow addon can display all the pictures in a folder. Could you please give me some hints? or point me to a direction where I could find a way to achieve this? Perhaps somebody else has already figured this out?  If there is a solution that can programmatically display both the videos and pictures in a directory as a slideshow that would be awesome. 

Thank you so much for your help!

sincerely,
kxb3292
perhaps this one: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319730
Hi @ronie ,
Thank you so much for the link! I have a few questions for you because you are knowledgeable about turning addons into scripts and also because you helped me change your addon into a script that I could customize for my requirements. So my questions are:

1) Would it be possible to turn this video addon into a addon script just like we could turn the Picture Slideshow Screensaver addon into a script? In general can all addons be turned into addon scripts?
2) if we can turn this into a addon script could we call it by modifying the startup.xml file so that it automatically starts when kodi is launched? perhaps something like this?
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window>
    <onload>RunScript(script.video.slideshow)</onload>
</window>

Thank you so much for your help!
kxb3292
Hi, just updated to 17.6 and now the screensaver says it's broken. I just get a black screen now. I've updated it, but it's still the same. Any ideas? Thanks
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4