• 202(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2018-02-15, 16:35)hdmkv Wrote: The Tanix TX92 2GB/16GB box I got off eBay was $49.49 shipped, but prices seem to have gone up about $10. To @TheShoe's point, you may want to wait on Vero 4K as @Sam.Nazarko is indicating "soon" for full 3D MVC support and that he needs lots of testers. But, 3D has been promised since last year.

Hope he's successful as MVC working on Vero 4K would make it a pretty full-featured all-in-one dedicated Kodi box. Only concern I have about S905X is the 100M LAN & whether some of those really high bitrate UHD rips might struggle? For example, 'Cloverfield' hits 95.44 Mbps, 'John Wick 2' is 90.28 Mbps, etc.
There was a problem with John Wick 2 et al freezing on all AMLogic platforms.
I think this is now resolved: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/playback-imp...tent/70841

Users have now been able to play back JW2 without any stutters; or the notorious motorbike freeze at the start of the film which happened even when being played back locally from USB media. 

Sam
Hello @afedchin 

As some other users, I'm suffering stuttering with 3D Movies using releases after December 2016. Strange thing is, that the stuttering disappears when a Menu or OSD is Displayed.
I have found a similar problem for Kodi users watching 2D Movies which was fixed. Maybe you could have a look at the changes which were made there and see if it could help us.

Link to thread: v17 -  Stuttering unless OSD is on
Post where @FernetMenta posted a working version for the User: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2488217

If I'm not totally wrong, it should be this commit which fixed stuttering without OSD: https://github.com/FernetMenta/kodi-agil...fd1a4aa935
this fix is uncluded the latest builds.
Ok, thanks for checking and very fast reply! Seems I have to stick to the Decemebr 2016 build.
Hello and thanks for the good work.
I'm new to this Build.
Can it work on my HTPC i3-4160?
How can I know what drivers I need for that?
Is this Build will change my kodi version?

Thanks in advance.
Dubble post
(2018-02-21, 20:17)Bowmaster Wrote: Hello and thanks for the good work.
I'm new to this Build.
Can it work on my HTPC i3-4160?
How can I know what drivers I need for that?
Is this Build will change my kodi version?

Thanks in advance.
 It should work, just install the build and follow up the instruction from @hdmkv
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
To @movie78's point, try the build in post #1, making the recommended setting, as is w/your current Intel HD graphics driver. Should work... only need to seek alternate driver if 3D doesn't look right to you (namely ghosting, not as sharp or objects in different planes looking off).
Thumbs Up 
Working  Rofl
Thanks. 
Big thanks for the recommended setting too. It solve few HD sound on my HTPC!
Hello,

Setup a win10 beelink ap34  a few months back; and found the most stable of the windows builds for 3D was  KodiSetup-20161208-2e764f6.    All of the later builds (up to the Dec 2017 build) had very poor dts performance, and most 3D movies with dts audio would have severe stutter and/or lip sync issues.  So far the 12/2016 build seems to be pretty much rock solid for 3D mvc playback.   However, this build does have a problem in my setup.   The gui and bluray mkv files are not displaying with the correct AR.   There is a little portion of both the left and right side of the screen that has black bars,that should not be there.   I have tried changing the fps/frequency and sometimes this will get the gui interface to remove the left/right thin black bars, but once a bluray rip is started they return, and usually the gui has them also.  This problem happens with 3D & non 3D mkv files however, the problem in 3D movies is noticed less even though its there.  One last note, not sure if it means anything, but a sampling of a few of the hdddvd mkv files have shown those are displaying correctly without the thin bars on the left & right sides of the screen.    Just to make sure its not my avr, bypassed it and connected the display directly to the ap34, but same problem.    This problem is not seen when watching television with the mythTV add-on, that content is displayed fine.    The television is a 2016 LG 65" OLED.      Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Anyone have tried the new ASRock J4105-ITX motherboard jet? It has native HDMI 2.0 controller. 
Wonder if it would work for 3D MVC playback.
(2018-02-25, 08:21)Mount81 Wrote: Anyone have tried the new ASRock J4105-ITX motherboard jet? It has native HDMI 2.0 controller. 
 Intel takes no risk I guess and doesn't add 3D support under there specification.
https://ark.intel.com/products/128989/In...o-2_50-GHz

That doesn't say it will not do 3D but if it won't, you can't bother Intel about it?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2018-03-03, 19:38)p750mmx Wrote:
(2018-02-25, 08:21)Mount81 Wrote: Anyone have tried the new ASRock J4105-ITX motherboard jet? It has native HDMI 2.0 controller. 
 Intel takes no risk I guess and doesn't add 3D support under there specification.
https://ark.intel.com/products/128989/In...o-2_50-GHz

That doesn't say it will not do 3D but if it won't, you can't bother Intel about it?  
On another Forum a member have "tried" it with PowerDVD and he wrote that it worked. It was just a short testing tho', not digged into the picture quality and couldn't check the output frequency so far, but have wrote that it seemed OK for him. So it looks promising... Maybe he will do some longer testing later. 
(Too bad that it doesn't have HDR support, if 3D works properly, than it could be the first on the list of budget HTPC builders...)
1st on the list was fulfilled years ago.  It just wasn't an NUC.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-03-04, 01:02)brazen1 Wrote: 1st on the list was fulfilled years ago.  It just wasn't an NUC.
 And what was it? Does it have HDR support?
  • 202(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10