• 70(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hi, could somebody explain to me how to change the default grey panel not the main panel colour but the one behind it, the grey in the attached picture, many thanks.Image
(2018-02-22, 10:00)kowalmisiek Wrote: I checked every version of the eminence view and none showed the artist.

Hm.. Were the viewtypes I mentioed available for selection?
(2018-02-22, 22:57)force9da Wrote: Hi, could somebody explain to me how to change the default grey panel not the main panel colour but the one behind it, the grey in the attached picture, many thanks.

Looks like you are using the opaque panels setting from the Extras category. It should have been off by default?
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Only "Thumbs" are available from the views you have written.  You can not see the artist in this view.
This is a list of available views:
Posters list, Frames, Big list, Panel list, Thumbs, List, List 2, Plain list
Hey, wanted to throw out an issue I'm having and see if anyone else has run into this in the past or has any ideas...

I've been trying to learn a bit about forking Kodi.  I am attempting to set up a customized initial start build for kodi (mygica 4.4 actually), so I modified all the settings and then copied over the addons/images/userdata files.  After some tweaking, I got it to use the Eminence 2.0 MOD skin by default, but it will not seem to use my customized setting files for the skin, or script.shortcuts (and any others I'm unaware of) from the userdata folder.

Trying to figure out how/where the code should link to the settings.xml and shortcuts files so I can get everything to display properly.

I suppose another potential option would be if there is some way to script for Eminence to restore a skin backup at Kodi startup.  But I'm not a coder and that's certainly way beyond my ability, and I'm not even sure it would read that backup if it won't read the userdata settings.

I appreciate any input I can get!

Thanks,

Steve
I have one problem with the 2.5 update.
After installing i did a full reset and configured everything new.
I really like the new color flags at the bottom of the screen.
But between the flags and time there is a "?" sign.
Any idea what that can be? Tried everything in the setting menu.
I have now this; screen aspect - screen format - codec - sound format - speaker output - ? - duration time - end time.
Thank you for this great skin.
(2018-02-22, 23:50)kowalmisiek Wrote: Only "Thumbs" are available from the views you have written.  You can not see the artist in this view.

What you have available are only the basic views that are made to work with every type of content for most compatibility. This tells me that the add-on itself most likely doesn't define its content type properly for Kodi, which is why you don't see other view types in the selector. Most likely, the add-on is telling Kodi that it has "files" instead of "videos", and that decreases the view types available to you. This is a problem because I can't make changes for one add-on without impacting every other add-on at the same time. Basically, if the add-on properly gave the content type as videos, you would have the exact same views available as for the YouTube add-on.

As it stands, the author needs to change something in the content type flag in the add-on. I've checked the add-on code, and it does have some of the required entries, but there's something wrong with the end result. "videos" and "musicvideos" should unlock many view types not just in Eminence, but in Estuary as well. But there is only one view for Vevo in Estuary, the only view available for the "files" content type, and at the same time, the skin displays several views for the YouTube add-on. My suggestion would be to try and describe the matter to the add-on creator and see if he can improve the content mechanism in the add-on.

(2018-02-26, 10:57)Marconobi Wrote: I have one problem with the 2.5 update.
After installing i did a full reset and configured everything new.
I really like the new color flags at the bottom of the screen.
But between the flags and time there is a "?" sign.
Any idea what that can be? Tried everything in the setting menu.
I have now this; screen aspect - screen format - codec - sound format - speaker output - ? - duration time - end time.
Thank you for this great skin.

That's the default image for when Kodi can't read the exact source of the video file. The available ones are DVD, HD-DVD, SDTV, HDTV, WEB-DL, DVB, Bluray, Bluray 3D and stream. Ideally, you should have it as part of the name of the file in order for it to register properly. It was always a feature of these flags,

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2018-02-26, 17:27)Alanon Wrote: [quote='kowalmisiek' pid='2706639' dateline='1519336258']Only "Thumbs" are available from the views you have written. You can not see the artist in this view.

What you have available are only the basic views that are made to work with every type of content for most compatibility. This tells me that the add-on itself most likely doesn't define its content type properly for Kodi, which is why you don't see other view types in the selector. Most likely, the add-on is telling Kodi that it has "files" instead of "videos", and that decreases the view types available to you. This is a problem because I can't make changes for one add-on without impacting every other add-on at the same time. Basically, if the add-on properly gave the content type as videos, you would have the exact same views available as for the YouTube add-on.

As it stands, the author needs to change something in the content type flag in the add-on. I've checked the add-on code, and it does have some of the required entries, but there's something wrong with the end result. "videos" and "musicvideos" should unlock many view types not just in Eminence, but in Estuary as well. But there is only one view for Vevo in Estuary, the only view available for the "files" content type, and at the same time, the skin displays several views for the YouTube add-on. My suggestion would be to try and describe the matter to the add-on creator and see if he can improve the content mechanism in the add-on.

I wrote to the author of VEVO and gave me such an answer:
Quote:Yeah there's a known issue where some skins use "musicvideo" vs "musicvideos".
You're always free to fork the add-on and make whatever changes you need to suit your purposes.

I'm not a programmer and I do not know what to do about it.
In the new version there is no possibility to set the fallback widget as none. Despite the settings, movies from the library are displayed.
(2018-02-26, 21:07)kowalmisiek Wrote: I wrote to the author of VEVO and gave me such an answer:
Quote:Yeah there's a known issue where some skins use "musicvideo" vs "musicvideos".
You're always free to fork the add-on and make whatever changes you need to suit your purposes.
I'm not a programmer and I do not know what to do about it.   

The skin uses "musicvideos" exclusively, as that's what Kodi devs recommended. I've tried my best to alter some things in the add-on code, but as my Python skills are limited, no changes made any difference. At this point, there really is nothing more I can do since any changes I make on my end will have an unintended impact on other content throughout the skin that might look very bad in other add-ons. 

(2018-02-27, 10:29)tomasiek Wrote: In the new version there is no possibility to set the fallback widget as none. Despite the settings, movies from the library are displayed.

I see what you mean. I'll try and find a workaround!

Hi @Alanon I have a little problem In the main menu since the last skin update. I've selected Weather in the Widget section in the Weather item in settings, but I only see the wallpaper, not the images from the widget. Do you know something about this?

Thanks.
hi 

how can i switch to vertical menu ?
(2018-03-05, 13:45)Alfredo Pérez Wrote: Hi @Alanon I have a little problem In the main menu since the last skin update. I've selected Weather in the Widget section in the Weather item in settings, but I only see the wallpaper, not the images from the widget. Do you know something about this?

Thanks.

Hmmm, works fine for me. You might want to try and re-select the weather icons from the settings. I've introduced the option for animated weather icons, which might have corrupted the previous setting.
(2018-03-05, 18:56)lioris89 Wrote: hi 

how can i switch to vertical menu ?

Skin Settings / Home / Home bar style

Tank you !
it was little bit tricky
Hi @Alanon . I've deleted the weather item in the main menu... After that I configured a new menu and nothing, the problem persist. I don't get the weather-widget. Any idea?
(2018-03-12, 19:06)Alfredo Pérez Wrote: Hi @Alanon . I've deleted the weather item in the main menu... After that I configured a new menu and nothing, the problem persist. I don't get the weather-widget. Any idea?
 At this point I would advise you two things: first, check the widget settings - does the weather widget have the info/posters visibility parameters set-up, and if this is in accordance with the global widget settings from the skin settings. There is a combination of settings that achieves only rotating fanart without any additional information, that's why I ask.

Second, if everything seems to be ok with this set-up, try and redownload the skin from the repo, as there might have been some glitch along the way.

• 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21