• 94(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
OK then it looks like installtointernal is not provided. Yes, go to the LE forums please Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@hdmkv that pre alpha release LE Kodi Leia I suspect has different partitions in its device tree file vs AML LE Kodi Krypton that worked.

These days the safest option is just to use the SD card for LE boot up and copy LE data partition to internal faster eMMC. See the AML LE forums for details.

Simply dual boot firmware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O603hSCjBGQ
It seems great and it seems work on several 905w boxes.
Thanks, but that f/w is for a different Tanix box. Think I'll take @wrxtasy's advice and stick to mSD card for LE boot up.
@clarkss12 very curious to know how well the playstore and major streaming apps like psvue, sling, etc function on the m8s with magendanz rom compared to the mi box
(2018-03-03, 01:19)dahyippur Wrote: @clarkss12 very curious to know how well the playstore and major streaming apps like psvue, sling, etc work on the m8s with magendanz rom
 I will test and get back with you.
(2018-03-03, 01:28)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2018-03-03, 01:19)dahyippur Wrote: @clarkss12 very curious to know how well the playstore and major streaming apps like psvue, sling, etc work on the m8s with magendanz rom
 I will test and get back with you.

Edit: Just tested Sling on my new Mecool M8S Pro L with Bluetooth Voice Remote.  I am running it stock as it came out of the box (firmware dated Feb. 5,2018), it loaded straight from the Google Play Store and loaded right up.  Since I don't subscribe, that is as far as I can go, but I would have to ASSUME that will work, but not sure if it plays in HD or with Dolby Digital. 

Edit 2: PSVUE not in the official Play Store, downloaded it from the Aptoid Store, but it crashes after opening it.  Used the builtin Chrome Web Browser to find a PSVUE APK and installed it.  It started to install but said PS VUE is not supported on rooted Android devices for security reasons.

I have not tried it on my Mecool M8S Pro L running Magendan'z mod. 
Interesting that vue was not even shown in the playstore, makes me wonder how exactly the device is recognized by google. I assumed unofficial androidTV would be built from the software loaded onto a nexus. Magendanz rom will probably have the same issues installing vue or similar apps without some extra attention, tyvm for the info
Over on the XDA forums install Magisk .zip (click) using Recovery / TWRP. That can help hiding root status from various Apps that complain about it.
Netflix still works after Magisk installation with @M's ROM on MECOOL.

MECOOL KM8 Google Certified Android TV Box with Voice Remote - S905X Android 8.0 2/16GB VP9 HDR10 Dolby Audio YT 4K

1- Support Youtube 4K

2- Support Netflix The 4K certificate will come down after three months and will update in the box, now this box support Netflix 1080

The sale starts July 23 and they only have 840 units, for the price of $60 USD. BUTT, they are NOT providing any popcorn, that could be a killer for people that love their popcorn. It appears that they are about 12 hours ahead of me, so I don't have to rise early. So, according to my calculation, I should be able to make my purchase Sunday, July 22, 2018 at NOON. Coupon code GBKM8. Of course, they won't have then in stock until August 3, according to their online chat. 

https://www.gearbest...l?lkid=14992642

http://freaktab.com/...-59-99-gearbest

Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation with Gearbest or any other seller or manufacture, just an addicted Android box user/tester.
Wish it was a S912 instead, and not sure I'd trust the Netflix 4K happening later promise (maybe it will, but wouldn't order expecting it). For that intro $60 price, may be worth a try, an alternative to Mi Box.
(2018-07-21, 17:06)hdmkv Wrote: Wish it was a S912 instead
The GearBest listing says it is
Mecool KM8 P YouTube 4K Netflix HD Android 7.1 Nougat 2GB/16GB Amlogic S912 TV BOX KODI HDR10 802.11 b/g/n WIFI LAN

That does have a P at the end @clarkss12 didn't mention that in his post
Edit: sorry that's the geekbuying listing name the gearbest one is
Mecool KM8 P Android Smart Box TV - US PLUG 2GB + 16GB
(2018-07-21, 17:06)hdmkv Wrote: Wish it was a S912 instead, and not sure I'd trust the Netflix 4K happening later promise (maybe it will, but wouldn't order expecting it). For that intro $60 price, may be worth a try, an alternative to Mi Box.
 Those were my thoughts exactly.  I wondered why they did not use the S912 instead of the S905X SoC.  Again, I would not expect them to update to 4K Netflix.  I will purchase this box, JUST to see if it supports HDCP 2.x (which is a requirement for Netflix in 4K), and if it really is Google Certified.  It MAY also support Amazon Prime, but it does not mention that.  I can't test Amazon Prime video anyway, because I do not subscribe.

I gave away my Xiaomi Mibox, because I never used it.  So, I guess this one will replace it.
(2018-07-21, 17:45)komplex Wrote:
(2018-07-21, 17:06)hdmkv Wrote: Wish it was a S912 instead
The GearBest listing says it is
Mecool KM8 P YouTube 4K Netflix HD Android 7.1 Nougat 2GB/16GB Amlogic S912 TV BOX KODI HDR10 802.11 b/g/n WIFI LAN

That does have a P at the end @clarkss12 didn't mention that in his post
Edit: sorry that's the geekbuying listing name the gearbest one is
Mecool KM8 P Android Smart Box TV - US PLUG 2GB + 16GB 
The Mecool KM8 and the KM8 P are two different animals.  Is that what you were trying to say??
Sorry, the Gearbest link for the Mecool KM8  that I linked, did not work..  Hopefully this new link will work.

https://www.gearbest.com/promotion-mecoo...d=14992642

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_00966...id=1433363
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6