• 1(current)
Release TubeCast
TubeCast

What is TubeCast?

TubeCast is a Kodi addon that implements the Cast V1 protocol and enables the Youtube mobile application (Android and iOS) to control the video playback of Kodi's YouTube addon as well as the device volume. It is deeply inspired by leapcast and GoTubeCast. You can play, stop, pause and queue videos from your phone and fully control the playback from your phone (as in Chromecast).

What it is not

TubeCast is not a full Chromecast implementation nor will it ever be. It only supports the first revision of the Cast protocol and will only keep working while Google keeps backwards compatibility with the Cast V1 protocol in their youtube mobile applications (at least for service discovery).

Features
  • Device discovery - Cast V1 protocol relies on the DIAL Protocol over SSDP so the addon answers multicast queries as if it was a real chromecast. It responds to the following search queries: urn:dial-multiscreen-org: service: dial:1urn:dial-multiscreen-org:device:dial:1ssdp:all. Kodi should show up in your Youtube application as a valid cast target if your phone and Kodi are in the same network.
  • Manual pairing - You can disable service discovery in the addon settings and rely on manual paring. This will work even if the two devices are not in the same network. To do this generate a new pairing code by starting the addon and enter the provided code in your Youtube application (via Settings -> Watch on TV under your profile).

Installation

The addon is available from the Official Kodi repository.

Errors and issues

Support will only be provided via this thread or in Github. If you obtained this addon from third party communities ask them for help.

Known issues
  1. If you have a video queue set and attempt to stop playback from Kodi the next video on the queue will be played. Make sure you clear the playlist from the youtube application itself
  2. Kodi will hang if closed while having a established connection. Unpair the device first.
Disclaimer

This is not a full chromecast implementation nor will never be. Please refrain from suggesting it as a feature request.

License

The addon borrows a part of the code (SSDP) from Leapcast, hence it is licensed as MIT.

Source
https://github.com/enen92/script.tubecast

Enjoy
This app was missing in Kodi...Tnx
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Incredible work @enen92 THX!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@enen92

Thanks
(2018-03-03, 23:36)enen92 Wrote: Errors and issues

Support will only be provided via the forum thread in Kodi's Forums or here on Github. If you obtained this addon from third party communities ask them for help.
This part is backwards

I can’t wait to this weekend to test it out.
(2018-03-05, 16:49)Av3nged Wrote:
(2018-03-03, 23:36)enen92 Wrote: Errors and issues

Support will only be provided via the forum thread in Kodi's Forums or here on Github. If you obtained this addon from third party communities ask them for help.
This part is backwards

I can’t wait to this weekend to test it out. 
 Thanks, fixed.
The addon was just merged today into the repository so it should be available by tonight or tomorrow Smile
Absolutely amazing work! Can't wait to try this out later. Much thanks!
in addon.xml
XML:
<description lang="en_GB">Uma implementação do protocolo Cast V1 no Kodi para este funcionar como player externo remotamente controlado pela aplicação móvel do YouTube</description>

should lang="pt_PT" for portuguese translation?
(2018-03-06, 00:06)Av3nged Wrote: in addon.xml
XML:
<description lang="en_GB">Uma implementação do protocolo Cast V1 no Kodi para este funcionar como player externo remotamente controlado pela aplicação móvel do YouTube</description>

should lang="pt_PT" for portuguese translation?
Well noticed, not sure how I missed it. Probably rushing towards submitting it.
I have issued a fix por this Smile
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/803/files
Just downloaded from github, bloody heck! just casted my first YouTube video to Kodi, Wow! Finally my IPad can see Kodi I know it’s ‘only’ YouTube but this makes surfing YouTube a lot easier, this is awesome!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2018-03-06, 04:31)tjay260476 Wrote: Just downloaded from github, bloody heck! just casted my first YouTube video to Kodi, Wow! Finally my IPad can see Kodi I know it’s ‘only’ YouTube but this makes surfing YouTube a lot easier, this is awesome!
 glad you like it Smile
It works pretty well actually
TubeCast" version="1.0.1" Windows version Kodi Leia
Working but some error is in Kodi log
Code:
11:28:09.997 T:5764   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Test\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tubecast\resources\lib\tubecast\youtube\player.py", line 38, in onPlayBackStarted
                                                self.youtubecastv1.report_playback_started(self.video_id, int(self.getTime()), self.ctt, self.list_id, self.current_index)
                                              File "C:\Users\Test\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tubecast\resources\lib\tubecast\youtube\app.py", line 306, in report_playback_started
                                                self.__post_bind("nowPlaying", {"videoId": video_id, "currentTime": current_time, "ctt": ctt, "listId": list_id, "currentIndex": int(current_index), "state": "3"})
                                            TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Thanks for reporting @Angelinas  I guess the player now reports OnPlaybackStarted before actually starting the playback hence the playback time returns null at that point.
@Angelinas hopefully fixed in: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/820
Same...but when remove line 44 ...script working without errors
https://github.com/enen92/script.tubecas...fb385caR44
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TubeCast3